Page 7255 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6255675571557205724572507253725472557256725772607265730573557755 ... LastLast
Results 145,081 to 145,100 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    If the andromeda galaxy is in the real numbers space, why don't we just go there?

Blog Entries
    nasu doesn't know shit about real or imaginary numbers

best hope no-one tells him what quaternions are
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Wasn't Evangelion that used them in this way for the first time? Leliel and so on.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I still haven't figured out why he used a mathematical concept when what he actually wanted was "secret dimension where magic happens". But much like the oft-abused Schrödinger's Cat and Maxwell's Demon, it sure sounds cooler and I guess I answered ny own question.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Because "it technically doesn't exist", I guess? I don't know shit about math.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    If the andromeda galaxy is in the real numbers space, why don't we just go there?
    i mean

Gil

Velber

several deities

can probably do it

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    i mean

Gil

Velber

several deities

can probably do it
    Yeah but they don't do It, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I still haven't figured out why he used a mathematical concept when what he actually wanted was "secret dimension where magic happens". But much like the oft-abused Schrödinger's Cat and Maxwell's Demon, it sure sounds cooler and I guess I answered ny own question.
    I mean it does make sense. The counterpart of imaginary numbers is real numbers.

My favorite interpretation of how Nasu intends for it to work is that you can plot the universe on a graph.

X-axis is space, the observable universe, extending infinitely as far as it relates to human beings (something something alaya time pruning extent???).
    Y-axis is time, and for the most part Y will always equal 0 because even though some people can view past and future, you can't really experience it.
    Imaginary numbers are then a coordinate on this graph which exists in some way independently of these two (in some weird magical way).

Just like in real mathematics where you can plot out real numbers on a horizontal line, and imaginary on a vertical line, you could imagine this as adding some form of unobservable z-axis (or you compress x and y into "reality" and you're left with reality-axis and imaginary-axis again). Time doesn't flow the same, so it doesn't align with the time-axis, nor does it exist in any space which we can observe or prove "exists", so it doesn't adhere to the space-axis either.

In other words, just like in real mathematics, imaginary numbers is where "real" mathematics "fail". (Just replace mathematics with like physics or something idk)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    if Goetia's temple is in the imaginary numbers space, why doesnt Tiamat just bust down her neighbor's door?
    It is very possible that INS isn't just a "single magical universe parallel to ours" like you're implying, and that instead it's a collective term for a bunch of pocket dimensions. That is, wherever Tiamat is, Goetia's time temple, and Arjuna's reset room aren't all interlinked so that you can just travel between them at will, they probably exist separately as their own pocket dimensions made up of imaginary numbers.

On the other hand you have Chaldea swimming through some sort of "general INS" where you can map yourself to the real world so who knows how to include that tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Wasn't Evangelion that used them in this way for the first time? Leliel and so on.
    ^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    In other words, just like in real mathematics, imaginary numbers is where "real" mathematics "fail". (Just replace mathematics with like physics or something idk)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB matrix
    In order to place (MC name) into deep slumber once more, BB reset the school building and tried to redo the dream, but the (MC name) escaped the reset and leaped into a deeper part of imaginary space
    It was a depth deeper than the bottom of Id.
    “The death of the collective unconscious” beneath the unconscious.
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary number magecraft CE
    A special type of magecraft. A forbidden spell that lays the subconscius bare and turns its negative side to a blade.
    Rani :: That is not the case. The concepts of distance and time do not exist on the far side of the moon. No matter how much distance you cross, if the place you reach is not “the end of the Labyrinth,” there will be no exit to the outside. To reach the outside, we must reach the end of the Labyrinth before BB can extend it.

Leo :: …I see. In imaginary number space, concepts are more true than real numbers. It’s a world where everything outside of theory is vague, essentially. In which case our measurements are useless. No matter how much distance we cross, it will be meaningless if the Labyrinth is extended. So if BB continues to create Sentinels and Alter Egos, will we never be able to reach the “end?”
    Nasu imaginary number space is an area where EMOTIONS, CONCEPTS, and BONDS are the only things that matter. These become "the rulez" instead of calculations of distance and energy based on how many frames an attack persisted in the screen and how much of the screen it filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yeah i did a double take when they started talking about a 虚数空間 in eva

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinne-Tensei View Post
    So if I'm reading this right, DAs are stronger here than they are in Fateworlds?
    It depends on how you define strength, I suppose, but I'd phrase it a bit differently: it's less that DAs are stronger, and more that they have more room to grow because the human order is weaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question: is this elusive concept of a "human order" the same as the also somewhat-elusive concept of "Alaya"?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Quick question: is this elusive concept of a "human order" the same as the also somewhat-elusive concept of "Alaya"?
    They're related
    The Human Order is the result. Alaya is the enforcer.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle

You can say the Human Order is culture. Our cultural understanding of physics, cultural understanding of history, shared humanity etc.
    Alaya makes sure this culture is physically valid and also stops the culture from being destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    So, theoretically, you could have a world where Alaya still interferes somehow, like in Paradox Spiral, but the human order wouldn't necessarily be strong enough to allow the summoning of Heroic Spirits?

Shit-Posting Threat has been updated, Enforcement mode is DestroyDecomposer BK201's Avatar
    Is there any info on super karna VS? It's form obviously changed and power is able to match Godjuna. Or is it simply super VS.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    It depends on how you define strength, I suppose, but I'd phrase it a bit differently: it's less that DAs are stronger, and more that they have more room to grow because the human order is weaker.
    While we don’t exactly know what the state of Tsukiworlds is in terms of human order yet, that does seem plausible at least.

does FGO follow Sigurd/Bryn’s history closely with the Volsung Saga?

Where's that stuff about how Japan's AoG probably ended after Britain's even tho Britain was the "end" of the AoG?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I think thats more "likely" than "fact" regarding both being islands and HS from the time

Where's that stuff about how Japan's AoG probably ended after Britain's even tho Britain was the "end" of the AoG?
    Wasnt that just implied by Seiba putting the nail in the coffin for brit AoG in 5-6th century while Raikou put nail in the coffin for JP AoG in 10 century?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I mean it does make sense. The counterpart of imaginary numbers is real numbers.

My favorite interpretation of how Nasu intends for it to work is that you can plot the universe on a graph.

X-axis is space, the observable universe, extending infinitely as far as it relates to human beings (something something alaya time pruning extent???).
    Y-axis is time, and for the most part Y will always equal 0 because even though some people can view past and future, you can't really experience it.
    Imaginary numbers are then a coordinate on this graph which exists in some way independently of these two (in some weird magical way).

Just like in real mathematics where you can plot out real numbers on a horizontal line, and imaginary on a vertical line, you could imagine this as adding some form of unobservable z-axis (or you compress x and y into "reality" and you're left with reality-axis and imaginary-axis again). Time doesn't flow the same, so it doesn't align with the time-axis, nor does it exist in any space which we can observe or prove "exists", so it doesn't adhere to the space-axis either.

- - - Updated - - -

It is very possible that INS isn't just a "single magical universe parallel to ours" like you're implying, and that instead it's a collective term for a bunch of pocket dimensions. That is, wherever Tiamat is, Goetia's time temple, and Arjuna's reset room aren't all interlinked so that you can just travel between them at will, they probably exist separately as their own pocket dimensions made up of imaginary numbers.

On the other hand you have Chaldea swimming through some sort of "general INS" where you can map yourself to the real world so who knows how to include that tbh.
    Uh, that's cool and all, but imaginary numbers aren't a "counterpart" to anything. They're just a complex number expressed as a real number multiplied by i. (Usually used to express the square root of a negative number, which "shouldn't exist". And while I haven't studied them very much myself, I'm pretty sure you can plot them on a graph just fine.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

If Gae Dearg came into contact with things like EMIYA's projections, Medea's spells, or Fragrach, how well would Diarmuid fare?