Page 7274 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6274677471747224726472697272727372747275727672797284732473747774 ... LastLast
Results 145,461 to 145,480 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by falseCeilings View Post
    The key distinction is that you find and interact with a DS and then put it in a vessel, while with Heroic Spirits, you materialize them from the Throne.
    A HS is still a bunrei of the original in the throne. In both cases you get a soul copy of the original from the throne/realm of gods. That's why Extella stated that the 2 processes are very similar.

Does anyone have the cite where it says Heavens Feel is involved in the summoing system of the Fuyuki Grail?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    A few months ago someone translated a chart from Case Files mats explaining the Association's setup and what characters are in which department. Today on /a/ I found a fan expanded version by an anon. Does anything on this stand out as being incorrect or does it look about right? Warning, it's big: https://i.imgur.com/rx3jEBd.jpg
    That got me thinking, did we get any word on what happened to the Astromancy Department after Olgamarie was gone?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Does anyone have the cite where it says Heavens Feel is involved in the summoing system of the Fuyuki Grail?
    https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20364/

Rin: W-Wait…! So the Third Sorcery is the materialization of the soul!? But Servants are materialized souls too…!

Illya: No. The system does use a part of the Third Sorcery, but the heroic spirits are summoned. Servants aren't alive as part of this world or time. It's too imperfect to be the Third Sorcery. And heroic spirits can take form in this world without the help of sorcery as long as they have a host. Heavens Feel is not a spell that duplicates a soul perceived in the past. It's actually a spell to make an existence of a higher dimension that can take a spirit form and still influence the physical world. It takes a soul and elevates it to the next level of life.

Anyone remember where it's stated that Kiritsugu's Contender can only properly function for Kiritsugu since it needs his mana to activate the circuit frying deal of his origin bullets? Also, where was it stated that Shirou has Kiritsugu's old stuff in a part of the residence that's not frequented often? I don't think it's in the shed where he does his suicidal magecraft training, maybe the guest part of the house?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Anyone remember where it's stated that Kiritsugu's Contender can only properly function for Kiritsugu since it needs his mana to activate the circuit frying deal of his origin bullets? Also, where was it stated that Shirou has Kiritsugu's old stuff in a part of the residence that's not frequented often? I don't think it's in the shed where he does his suicidal magecraft training, maybe the guest part of the house?
    The bullets used are .30-06 Springfield. A cartridge with a bottleneck structure, its size and power level are already different from those of a handgun bullet. The .30-06 is 10% stronger than the .308 Winchester bullet, and even surpasses the hand canon class of a Magnum bullet. Discharged from a handgun, it would have extreme firepower.

But the true menace of this gun is not the destructive power of physical explosives and warheads.

The special bullets installed along with the gun in the case― in the core of the twelve remaining shots are sealed powdered bones from Kiritsugu himself. When Kiritsugu's prana is fired, these "magical bullets" forces into the target the 'origin' of the magus named Kiritsugu. So to speak, one could call it an imitation of a conceptual weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it talks about kiritsugu's stuff in the shed if you choose option 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks You. So the Kiritsugu part is from Zero materials, and the second part makes sense, just was mixing it up with the scene in HF where Shirou gives Illya a tour of the place.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I've some questions about FGO.

FGO world is set in a parallel world where Fuyuki HGW only happened once and that was in 2004, where Maris Billy won and through the untainted Greater Grail, created Chaldea.

1) Chaldeas is the recreation of the soul of Earth, so is it like a current time "observation device" where you can see what's happening around the world in any given location, both in the past and in the future of 100 years?
    2) Lights of Humanity got extinct and it was assumed that after 2016, there would no longer be humanity for some reason. I guess, this is the point where Solomon sends out grails in various humanity value foundation era's to mess with the timeline. Why did this affect every possible parallel world, why was humanity burned in every world, F/SN, F/A, Fate/Extra, all of it. Why didn't this simply apply to FGO's timeline only?
    3) Singularity's exist outside of time and space, so what does that mean? For example, the 2004 Singularity F is completely cut off from human history and there's "blank" in there, from Chaldea's perspective? Like, how is the time travel working, I don't get it.
    4) Why did the 2004 Singularity F change from what the Chaldea knew. Like, where is Singularity F's Maris Billy? Where the fuck is the MA in Singularity F, there's a whole town burned to death and mystics are getting exposed left and right and no one cares?
    Last edited by Levani; October 4th, 2019 at 06:10 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Does Gilgamesh comment about Sha Naqba Imuru in Strange/Fake? If so, what does he have to say about it?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    He does comment on it, says he can use it to figure out what he did in the Fourth Holy Grail War, but when he tries to use it, a bunch of mud obscures his vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Was there ever any explanation on what kind of universal translator the F/GO gang clearly have, or should I just assume that it's some random unnamed spell/mystic code?

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Translation charms, or something. Mentioned in LB2.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Though it's implied that they were just plain speaking English instead of using that in Salem, since Mata Hari conveys a message to Fujimaru in Japanese and Robin can't understand what it means.

Could someone explain to me how God Hand worked in Lost Butterfly? I kept getting confused as to why Herc kept getting stomped by the same attack multiple times. What was Saber Alter blasting him with if she didn't use Excalibur until the end?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    God Hand raises Herk's defense against attack X by a large number (ex. 500) upon receiving attack X.

Saber thwacked him
    for 1000 damage
    harder and harder
    with mana burst until she finished it with Excalibur Morgan.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    God Hand raises Herk's defense against attack X by a large number (ex. 500) upon receiving attack X. Saber thwacked him
    for 1000 damage
    harder and harder
    with mana burst until she finished it with Excalibur Morgan.
    Oh. So it was essentially what All Might did against Noumu in MHA. Thanks.

祖 Ancestor
    How did Chiron show up in a human form again?
    I know it was to help hide his identity but how did he do it?
    Was it a noble phantasm or shapeshift skill or did he somehow will it to be while on the throne/summoned?
    Last edited by Gray; October 5th, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Edit: LeadDemon is right. I am wrong. Move along.
    Last edited by Imperial; October 5th, 2019 at 01:03 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Darnic had decades to tweak the Greater Grail to allow for the summoning of a Divine Spirit into a Servant container, but even then, Chiron had to take a hit to his stats to squeeze himself into some Archer-sized pants.

So it was a combination of Darnic bending the rules and Chiron accepting the downgrade.
    Chiron wasn't a Divine Spirit. His whole deal is he gave up his divinity to die, so he's a normal Heroic Spirit, which is why his wish is to regain that. I don't believe Darnic's rule-bending's ever applied to that sort of thing, he just modded the cup so Eastern/Antiheroes worked.

But yeah Chiron just sorta willed himself into no-horse-body, at the expense of some power, which was the tradeoff.

Isn't the Grail more inclined towards a humanoid model anyway?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also Chiron having horse legs would instantly give away his identity.