Page 7285 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6285678571857235727572807283728472857286728772907295733573857785 ... LastLast
Results 145,681 to 145,700 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    If she were, Marduk couldn't have defeated her.
    F/GO implies that the myth didn't happen literally. She wasn't killed at least.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I forget, but wasn't it more like she was dead, but not dead dead?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I thought she was just sealed in an Imaginary Numbers space? Also, isn't it basically impossible to kill her as long as there is life on Earth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    That's why something like Surtr is effective. He's a conceptual disaster, his sword has priority against all life. As long as you're a lifeform, you're his target. We don't know if that conceptual advantage is superior compare to Tiamat's paradox protection tho.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; October 23rd, 2019 at 12:26 PM.

US Friend Code
    She couldn't die as long as living beings existed which is why they dropped her into the Underworld to fight her.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, so it's the unstoppable force vs. Immovable object paradox.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    F/GO implies that the myth didn't happen literally. She wasn't killed at least.
    Actually...
    Spoiler:

The red scar-like crack on her navel resemble the fatal wound Marduk inflicted onto her.
    Spoiler:

Her crumbling after being destroyed by Marduk.

US Friend Code
    We know she was sealed in Imaginary Number Space because she gets freed from it in Babylonia. Marduk may have cut her but I don't see how the myth could be literal considering it ends with her corpse becoming the land and sky instead of getting sealed away like what happened in Fate.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    We know she was sealed in Imaginary Number Space because she gets freed from it in Babylonia. Marduk may have cut her but I don't see how the myth could be literal considering it ends with her corpse becoming the land and sky instead of getting sealed away like what happened in Fate.
    Then how the myth ended might be the only thing differ, doesn't mean everything must be wrong.

What I think happened is that Marduk did manage to destroy her with his huge axe by cutting through her throat down to her belly like the image suggested, and the axe was mentioned as one of the possible means to deal with her in Babylonia. However he and the other gods realized that eventually she will revive so they (aka the world cuz gods = the world) decided to seal her in the imaginary number space. After we destroyed her, she also went back in there, and a piece of her corpse ended up spawning a bunch of demon beasts in Enkidu's interlude.

Is Imhullu an inspiration for Ea?

US Friend Code
    We're on the same page then. Most of was probably like the real story of Enuma Elish but the ending was definitely different.

祖 Ancestor
    So what does a reality Marble look when deployed from outside of it?
    From inside it looks like they go on endlessly but not everything in the area is taken into it.
    Does it just look like the people who are inside it disappear to those not brought in?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    So what does a reality Marble look when deployed from outside of it?
    From inside it looks like they go on endlessly but not everything in the area is taken into it.
    Does it just look like the people who are inside it disappear to those not brought in?
    Yeah the people sucked inside just like disappear. We saw a RM from the outside in Zero when Iskandar used his during the Gilles Cthulhu stuff, and you don't see anything at all.

US Friend Code
    If Gae Dearg hit a weapon that Lancelot was wielding with Knight of Owner, do you think KoO's effect would disappear?

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    If Gae Dearg hit a weapon that Lancelot was wielding with Knight of Owner, do you think KoO's effect would disappear?
    Quote Originally Posted by F/Z Volume 1
    The two meter iron pole was split down the middle, and fluttered from the air to the ground. It was Berserker’s fake Noble Phantasm, with enough strength to compete with Saber’s holy sword. What broke this fake Noble Phantasm with ease was a streak of red light that glimmered through the darkness.

Lancer had his back towards the astonished King of Knights. This beautiful spearman took a pose of protecting Saber, the King of Knights, whom he regarded as an enemy only moments ago, and stood against Berserker.

"Please stop your pranks now, Berserker."

Lancer pointed at the black knight with the tip of the long spear in his right hand – Gáe Dearg, the Crimson Rose of Exorcism, and coldly declared war on the black knight. If Lancer’s red spear repelled the prana of Berserker’s Noble Phantasm, then the fake Noble Phantasms covered by Berserker’s black prana would be nothing but bundles of iron.
    Gonna go with a 'yes'.

US Friend Code
    Oh welp

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes. It's why in Zero materials that, when talking about Keyneth's chances of winning the 4th HGW, he pretty much has to use Kariya/Berserker to take care of all the other teams first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayneth's Zero material's entry courtesy of Mcjon01
    By the way, in case anybody was wondering how Team Lancer could have won the Fourth Holy Grail War...
    • First, Kayneth must keep his Servant from awakening to things like glory in battle or a knight's pride. They must approach the Holy Grail War as mere dirty work.
    • Second, in order to fulfill the previous condition they must avoid contact with Saber at all costs.
    • Third, they must make securing a path of retreat from battles their top priority. Consider it a success if Lancer is able to get in a single hit with Gae Buidhe. By repeating this tactic over and over, they will be able to exhaust all of the enemy teams.
    • Finally, they must take advantage of Team Berserker. Though Berserker was the greatest threat to all the other Servants, he had poor compatibility against Lancer. Thus, if at all possible it would be in Team Lancer's best interest to allow them to stick around to the very end and eliminate all the other teams, before swooping in at the last second to take them out
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Is Imhullu an inspiration for Ea?
    There is a separate object in Mesopotamian mythology called the saw which separated Heaven from Earth. It features prominently in a myth of Ullikumi. Ea is also similar to the sword given by God to Cherubim guarding the Eden (sword flaming and rotating).

The Producer the world needed, not the one it deserved. dragonwarz50's Avatar
    Something that I've seen floating around recently:'Gil as an Archer is from before he's hunted for the herb of immortality or in mid process. And saying that Caster Gil is the one from after and that's why they're different.'

What's the verdict on this? I've seen people pulling mats from Caster Gil's Mats as proof its true.
    Grave. Rave. Crave. Deprave.

That was Hell you walked through. Ascension Hell, the first level.
    Then you marched through Skill Mat Hell and QP Hell, the second and third levels.
    Now you approach Bond 15 Hell.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    It is definitely possible that Imhullu is an inspiration, though, since Marduk was literally using various winds to fight Tiamat and one of the more noticeable effects of Ea is how it creates stormwinds. In that case it might be rationalized as being Marduk's wand, but that doesn't really seem to be the case these days - especially when more recent art makes it seem like TM!Marduk used his giant axe to bisect Tiamat.