Page 7348 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6348684872487298733873437346734773487349735073537358739874487848 ... LastLast
Results 146,941 to 146,960 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Funny. I was playing SMT1 and the demon summoning program incantation references an incantation to summon spirits from the Ars Almadel, divine spirits in particular are also available iirc. Probably explains why TM Goetia could summon some divine spirits as servants. These writers been looking into these magic stuffs, damn.
    Remember Ozy's Ammon-Rah, SIshtar's Astarte or even Agartha's Phoenix? There's definitely some relationship between Solomon's 72 and some divine spirits
    Too bad that never got explored more deeply than some passing mentions of "there's a name association", as far I remember

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Remember Ozy's Ammon-Rah, SIshtar's Astarte or even Agartha's Phoenix? There's definitely some relationship between Solomon's 72 and some divine spirits
    Too bad that never got explored more deeply than some passing mentions of "there's a name association", as far I remember
    Baal was also mentioned in Astarte's info and I'm pretty sure that's Baal the god as well. Maybe when some divine spirits got demonized as false gods and demon pillars back then, they got those attributes added to them or something cuz that's also an effect of faith, be it good or bad.

US Friend Code
    Do we know if Galahad ever wielded the spear of Longinus in TM Arthuriana?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Do we know if Galahad ever wielded the spear of Longinus in TM Arthuriana?
    Wait for Requiem TLs. So far no clue on whether it happened or not.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    In the beginning of Hisui's true ending epilogue Shiki says he send Hisui to go shopping but in a scene after that it's said she going out of the mansion for the first time in eight years, isn't that a contradiction? Also why did, in the same ending, Akiha's body disintegrate after she died?
    I also remembered other thing. If Akiha absolved Roa in Hokaku's route wouldn't Arcueid feel that and go after her?
    Last edited by Nanashi(kari); March 22nd, 2020 at 09:48 PM.

I hope I am not too troubling by another question in succession after my last one, though thank you very much actually on that previous one. That helped contextualize a few things regarding the summoning incantation and helped me puzzle a few things together.

My additional question is, what stops an individual from having multiple servants? If a master is defeated could they make a contract with that servant and supply them with magic, or would that verse too difficult even if that additional servant stays in spirit form? I am currrently working on a roleplay for a fate war with a few people I know and want to cover some bases that are being or will be brought up likely.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giftvi View Post
    My additional question is, what stops an individual from having multiple servants? If a master is defeated could they make a contract with that servant and supply them with magic, or would that verse too difficult even if that additional servant stays in spirit form? I am currrently working on a roleplay for a fate war with a few people I know and want to cover some bases that are being or will be brought up likely.
    No problem if you have an external supply like Medea.
    If one is in spirit form you're only using one at a time, so it should generally be fine. However, lower stats etc since you are still maintaining two.

As for in practice
    When Achilles is summoned as a Rider, his most harshly mana-consuming Noble Phantasm is this chariot. In the worst case, it is estimated that it can consume enough mana to summon another Servant besides Achilles.
    Xanthus is a truly unpleasant horse who has fun telling Achilles when he falls into a dangerous situation.
    When Achilles uses his chariot, the consumption is equal to having 2 Servants. Requires a first rate Master.
    He is without a doubt first rate as a Servant. Even among the Servants from Greek legend, he boasts of power that ranks next to Heracles. He also has an abnormally abundant number of Noble Phantasms. In the beginning, all these Noble Phantasms were written out, and when I consulted over how many of them should be used, Mr. NP said, “Isn’t a super-strong Servant with an abundance of Noble Phantasms fine?”, and easily permitted all of them to be adopted. I never thought I would end up using all of them…
    Naturally, he is a Servant who would instantly run out of prana if he used them in a normal Holy Grail War. The prana consumption of Rider’s chariot is uncommonly harsh in particular, and only a first rate Master could fully utilize him.
    The Karna stuff is also an example of how thirsty a Servant can get.
    “It wouldn’t have worked as well as you think. My prana consumption as a Servant is quite bad. I can’t maintain doing that kind of thing for even ten seconds.”

“It’s quite troublesome,” Lancer of Red added with a sigh. The Heroic Spirit Karna was unmistakably top class. However, with his golden armor that was continuously active, the magnificent divine spear he held, and the [Prana Burst] he used just now, he consumed an extraordinary amount of prana as well. A normal magus probably wouldn’t be able to move even a single finger while supporting him. Even a first-rate magus would be exhausted to the point that they couldn’t use their own magecraft.
    However if you have some deep reserves and your Servants are say Fran and say Sigurd, then there's less of a problem. So it's definitely possible via with an external source. Mostly nonviable without an external source other than a few exceptions or if you have two really weak Servants, even then the Master is going to have a rough time.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    In the beginning of Hisui's true ending epilogue Shiki says he send Hisui to go shopping but in a scene after that it's said she going out of the mansion for the first time in eight years, isn't that a contradiction? Also why did, in the same ending, Akiha's body disintegrate after she died?
    I also remembered other thing. If Akiha absolved Roa in Hokaku's route wouldn't Arcueid feel that and go after her?
    Yeah, all these also stood out to me while playing. For the last one I guess you can surmise that there wasn't much left of Roa's influence that mattered anymore.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    However if you have some deep reserves and your Servants are say Fran and say Sigurd, then there's less of a problem. So it's definitely possible via with an external source. Mostly nonviable without an external source other than a few exceptions or if you have two really weak Servants, even then the Master is going to have a rough time.
    Hmmm... But would the Grail allow such a thing in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    kirei had cu and gil, although gil was incarnated and both have very low mana costs

also if medea summoning kojiro is fine anything goes really
    the grail war "rules" are broken all the time, just gotta be powerful/clever enough to bullshit your way through them

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Pretty sure the Einzberns personally built 1000 different ways to cheat into the Grail.

wouldn't be surprised if the makiri and tohsaka tried to pull some stuff too but forgot or whatever. the whole thing is a scam anyway, cheating is just sensible.

Tokiomi probably knew all the cheats the Tohsaka's built into the grail system, he was just to busy being elegant to use them. And then he died and either Kirei never learned them or never passed them to Rin.

Then again its not like Tokiomi wasnt cheating, so maybe he doesnt have backdoors cuz Nagato was to busy being zen to build any.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Tokiomi probably knew all the cheats the Tohsaka's built into the grail system, he was just to busy being elegant to use them. And then he died and either Kirei never learned them or never passed them to Rin.

Then again its not like Tokiomi wasnt cheating, so maybe he doesnt have backdoors cuz Nagato was to busy being zen to build any.

Eh, I kinda doubt that the Tohsaka actually had any backdoor cheats of their own- remember, their part was providing the spiritual grounds for the Ritual, it was the other two that did the hard yards in regards to system programming/administration.

you'd imagine being masters of the land would give them some leyline controlling powers (like being able to force the grail to appear at the location of their choice) but i guess nagato was too honorabru

actually, how long have the tohsaka been in possession of fuyuki's land? the native american tribe in strange fake can do cool stuff with their leylines but tohsakas just seem to be real estate and magical patent moguls
    Last edited by CO9p5JMGv!p9; March 24th, 2020 at 04:20 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't Nagato just some rando Zelretch taught some basic tricks because Nagato let him stay at his house for free?

US Friend Code
    They met in a bar or something

Iirc it was Nagato's daughter that was actually heavy into magecraft while Nagato wasnt really interested, just used what he picked up to better his zen kung fu.

Could be that the Tohsakas only got to own the land out of the associations deference towards Zel.

- - - Updated - - -

Or the land got shoved into Nagatos hands the moment the association got word of a local mage
    Last edited by madarra; March 24th, 2020 at 08:30 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    the native american tribe in strange fake can do cool stuff with their leylines but tohsakas just seem to be real estate and magical patent moguls
    because they sacrifice their kids to it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Eh, I kinda doubt that the Tohsaka actually had any backdoor cheats of their own- remember, their part was providing the spiritual grounds for the Ritual, it was the other two that did the hard yards in regards to system programming/administration.
    "At that time, the Church and the Magic Association were in the middle of a bloody war. A far eastern land was chosen as the place for the ritual.
    Einzbern must have invited Tohsaka in because Tohsaka was in charge of the land around here and their master was a master of summoning.
    For Einzbern, the summoning of the Holy Grail would be impossible without the help of Tohsaka."
    "Tohsaka provided this land and the system to model the Servants, and Makiri provided the Command Spell to bind these Servants.
    And Einzbern supplies the vessel for the Holy Grail to dwell in.
    That is the cooperation they decided on."

The priest continues happily as if something pleases him.
    But, I see… they say the Holy Grail War is a ritual, but Ilya's family was the original proposer.
    Pretty sure the bold has been retconned with Zouken being in GO and
    Spoiler:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Not summoning two Servants but killing a Master and taking their Servant.
    And yes, Nasu's talked about situations where a Master has contracted multiple Servants before along with the examples in the franchise.
    Q: This is a question about contracts with multiple Servants. Can Command Spells be used on any of the Servants? Hypothetically, if someone was bound to two Servants, would the magus be able to use four or more Command Spells?
    A: Even when contracted with multiple Servants, a Master only receives three Command Spells (assuming none have been stolen from other Masters, etc.), so you can’t have four Command Spells for a single Servant or anything like that. Also, there’s nothing wrong with concentrating all Command Spells on a single Servant. The problems begin after all Command Spells have been used up.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Ah, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    also if medea summoning kojiro is fine anything goes really
    the grail war "rules" are broken all the time, just gotta be powerful/clever enough to bullshit your way through them
    Well, Medea is a powerful sorcerer from the Age of Gods, and Zouken helped create the system. I don't think even an "average" first-rate magus could do the same thing, otherwise Kayneth probably wouldn't have stopped at "just" shifting Diarmuid's costs to Sola-ui.