Page 7375 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6375687572757325736573707373737473757376737773807385742574757875 ... LastLast
Results 147,481 to 147,500 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    That is kind of how the Holy Church's Foundation is quite strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    >tfw evangelical bigots power up kirei
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

how powerful are evangelicals in America in Nasuverse?

Surely there must be some evangelical executioners working in congress, no?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    So if spiritual invocation lets you get power from the throne for a short while, why dont we see mages use that more often?
    You see what Svin's family and Gray's village went through to make vessels. or even how much effort it took Chaldea to make Mash.
    Now if you're only invoking a portion of the power, the hoops you need to jump through are going to be lesser.
    But the magus still needs to constructed as a vessel for a spirit. And furthermore, that invocation commonly would only be able to take place in a certain area unless you go full OCD eating mashed potatoes.

"However, when I actually saw the Towers of the Sun and Moon, I was truly impressed. In actualizing the form of the Princess of Gold, you've internalized the motion of the planet into the human body. Certainly, correspondence between the Microcosm and the Macrocosm is a fundamental of magecraft, but rather than incorporating that into your living space, you've incorporated the motion of the planet directly into a human's life. Even if it's an idea proposed often enough, those who are able to actually accomplish it are vanishingly few.

I imagine your meal times, sleeping schedules, even your bathroom breaks are strictly regulated for time. As it was once said, 'you are what you eat.' The things you put into your body are what make up your physical structure. For example, as a certain emperor attempted in his quest for immortality, the imbibing of mercury isn't actually wrong per se, but if it isn't done with a body built the same way as the stars, then it will just become poison. Understanding that, not just your food and lifestyle, even your environment were made to unify with your physical bodies. Even the leylines in the ground here are the same. Like the styles of magecraft unique to places in the east like Tibet, drawing magical energy forcefully from the earth was probably a daily habit for you.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I'm not sure who did that, but knowing mages, the answer is probably "only this person's family knows how to do it".
    p much with the addition of "and they have all the equipment and catalysts to do it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Gandr is pretty stable since it’s the concept of pointing = cursing. One of the most basic and widespread concepts.
    Wait so what you're telling me is that evil eye could totally be turned into an eye beam?

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Gandr is pretty stable since it’s the concept of pointing = cursing. One of the most basic and widespread concepts. I imagine a number of common spells are super stable and useful. Probably isn’t diminished in a way that matters beyond general use since it isn’t like anyone is trying to get to the root with them or focuses on it. And/or they’re just part of how magic energy works like reinforcement not actually being a spell but just what happens when you circulate or fill something with magic energy.
    I mean wouldnt it still be reduced in strength since widespread? cause mystery

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Wait so what you're telling me is that evil eye could totally be turned into an eye beam?
    Who is Gorgon for 200, Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    Can Sacchin's reality marble kill servants?
    Depends. The description specifically targets the environment only so it’d be like cutting off the Servant from their outside energy source for however long the RM lasts and putting them at risk of disappearing if that’s what you mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Isn't that assumed to be the case already?
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If the idea is widespread, all that means is that the foundation is everywhere.
    If people knew about the actual magic then you'd be right.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Who is Gorgon for 200, Alex
    I thought that was some inborn ability though

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    If the idea is widespread, all that means is that the foundation is everywhere.
    If people knew about the actual magic then you'd be right.
    I guess it's everyone knowing about Jack the Ripper = Jack the Ripper's legend intensifies
    People actually knowing who Jack the Ripper was = Jack the Ripper's "legend" is gone and all we're left with is the reality?

The issue isn't knowing the Mystery, but the answer to it?
    Last edited by Zork Knight; April 29th, 2020 at 10:12 PM.

I guess it's everyone knowing about Jack the Ripper = Jack the Ripper's legend intensifies
    People actually knowing who Jack the Ripper was = Jack the Ripper's "legend" is gone and all we're left with is the reality?

That doesn't work either, most people don't know things and science doesn't say anything with certainty, if we go complete with perception I'm not sure mystery works there either.

It seems like there is a finality to mystery in the first place, like there is a objective answer that wipes it away.
    Last edited by Byegod; April 29th, 2020 at 10:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    That doesn't work either, most people don't know things and science doesn't say anything with certainty, if we go complete with perception I'm not sure mystery works there either.

It seems like there is a finality to mystery in the first place, like there is a objective answer that wipes it away.
    Most people might not know how a combustion engine works, but the information is readily accessible, and they probably know it doesn't involve stone circles and chicken sacrifices.

Most people might not know how a combustion engine works, but the information is readily accessible, and they probably know it doesn't involve stone circles and chicken sacrifices.
    True but I think were going too nitty and gritty into it, plus you get the elephant in the room of requiem...

That is the basic fundamental way magecraft works, yeah.

Tbh a lot of things can be magecraft. Pretty much most things in human anthropology.

*edit* I say human anthropology like there’s another kind but I suppose it may as well be said with aliens and robots running around.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    True but I think were going too nitty and gritty into it, plus you get the elephant in the room of requiem...
    Requiem is supposed to be strange in comparison with the mainline version of the setting by premise.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Requiem's also got the fundamental mystery of "how on earth is this even possible" that will presumably be explored in future novels. Something happened in some Holy Grail War to change the setting into Digimon, but what?

Using it as an example of anything is probably a bad idea until we know what the deal is. For all we know, ~it was all a dream~

What does caesers sword do, the description really doesn't help me understand as it seems OP based on how it's described

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Basically, as long as he keeps succeeding on Luck checks, he keeps hitting the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post

- - - Updated - - -

p much with the addition of "and they have all the equipment and catalysts to do it"

Didnt FSN also mention that aspect about people using the throne when discussing servants?

Also, how do the cards in prysma work? How do they allow so many people to use HS powers?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That reminds on some stuff of Platons Philosophy i read a while ago ,namely from Mythos and Logos that both Things can be from on angle be complete opposites and from an other are These two complementary approaches to reality, two different ways of understanding the world, one of which is protected by reason, while the other highlights aspects that are difficult to understand rationally

or like an known Phrase ;as some Stories are so crazy and weird that only the reality can wright such stories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Didnt FSN also mention that aspect about people using the throne when discussing servants?

Also, how do the cards in prysma work? How do they allow so many people to use HS powers?
    What i recal is that they are Portals that are allowing to summon the Heroic Spirits withhin oneself by crushing the will of the spirit as shown ith the corupted Heros that Ilya co. had to fight as they are majorily beings with just Basic instinct with exception of Gilgamesh whichs Ego cant be defeeated as Miyu used his Card he took Possession of her ,which was one of my favorite Moments . but at one downside is that the Noblephantasm and skills are lower as their regular Servant version
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; April 30th, 2020 at 05:44 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...