Page 7376 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 637668767276732673667371737473757376737773787381738674267476 ... LastLast
Results 147,501 to 147,520 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

kinda like the question "why is the fire orange?" sciencist can answer "because of the sodium", but that still does not answer why, because of the sodium, is the fire orange. And to search for meaning behind it, people can sometimes make up "reasons" to answer why: "Because Zeus made fire orange, duh", and then a mythology is born.

The point is not dive too into the details, is Gandr some sort of containment field that captures gravity or kinetic force to destroy an object? What particle is associated with magical energy? The magus answer is "best if we do not know all the details" because once you understand every nook and cranny around around certain system or tool, you'll start to see imperfections and weaknesses. In other words keeping the detail mysterious, while it still works, make it stronger.
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; April 30th, 2020 at 06:19 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Also, how do the cards in prysma work? How do they allow so many people to use HS powers?
    Quote Originally Posted by prisma pre mats
    Servant Card
    armament
    What Ilya and friends call "Class Cards."
    The two possible ways of using them are manifesting the Heroic Spirit's armament, Noble Phantasm "Limited Expansion" and allowing a fragment of the Heroic Spirit's power to possess one's body "Fantastical Summon."
    The cards make use of displacement magecraft with limited expansion requiring a high ranked mystic code to be substituted. The special puppets known as dolls can use a part of their body for this.
    As a general rule, each card corresponds to a Heroic Spirit. Cards yet to be tied to a Heroic Spirit are called "Nameless Cards" and can be used as a disposable weapon.
    They are lofty pieces of equipment that access the throne of Heroic Spirits, those who made their mark in history as heroes... but it feels like the access path is rather suspicious.
    Include: Replace my top-tier mystic code with NP
    Install. Ilya and Miyu are Grails, Shirou only installed himself, The Masters of the Grail Wars are special puppets designed for this.
    Also the Ainsworth spent hundreds of years on making a Grail War.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Not gonna lie, Installs always seemed fairly Demiservant/Psuedoservant-esque. (Or, rather, once FGO introduced those concepts they always reminded me of Install.)

The big difference is that it's temporary, I guess.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Install. Ilya and Miyu are Grails, Shirou only installed himself, The Masters of the Grail Wars are special puppets designed for this.
    It's been years since I've read Prillya, but is this really confirmed? I mean, Sakura gave Shirou what she thought was Gil's card for him to use in the war. How is the war supposed to go on "naturally," without the Ainsworth puppet-ing all Masters (or can it only happen via puppets and Sakura didn't know)? Is it supposed to be a fight between magi using Includes only?

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Does Rider need to stab herself or just blood in general to use her Noble Phantasm?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I don't think she does (we haven't seen her use the blood way in anything recent), but I think the blood was a quick way to draw the summoning circle for it. Then again, the pegasus coming from her blood is part of the legend, so maybe?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I don't think she does (we haven't seen her use the blood way in anything recent), but I think the blood was a quick way to draw the summoning circle for it. Then again, the pegasus coming from her blood is part of the legend, so maybe?
    More specifically the blood from her decapitated throat (because Perseus took her head and put it in a bag), hence why she slits her throat to summon it in the game. It's a myth thing.

But also, well, in recent things she's been a more heroic character and you probably don't want an NP animation that starts with them slitting their throat since that's kind of bad branding/problematic for ratings (FSN was an 18+ eroge)? IIRC FGO just jumps straight to her flying on Pegasus, but maybe her animation update changed that.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    FGO just has the summoning circle doing its glowy thing, as does Extella Link.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    She doesn't ever do that outside of her first use of it in the Fate route iirc (She definitely just pops it out of the air when she fights Salter in HF).

It's probably either the remnants of a discarded idea that weren't properly cleaned up, or maybe something to do with her absorbing the energy from the Bloodfort (which she also does in that scene in order to use Bel)

I believe it's mainly for summoning.

In the end summoning Pegasus and using one of her NPs are different things.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Yeah, it’s a bit weird huh? I’d wager it was for more the sake of theatrically identifying her as Medusa during her first appearance early on in the Fate route and promptly never seen again since it loses that purpose afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

in UBW you simply never find out who Rider was and in HF you find out before seeing Pegasus at all afterall
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Also, it's a dramatic "wait, what?" moment of confusion the first time it happens and kind of loses all narrative meaning in Medusa's future appearances (rooftop fight onwards).

And yeah, in UBW I don't think she even manages to summon it (that's the one where Shinji tries to command her to not die, right?) while in HF the focus is more on Saber Alter and Shirou aiding Medusa in a narrative reversal of the rooftop fight.

You can get away with skipping a lot of details in a visual novel.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    In UBW she dies before she realises the human's a threat.

I think the blood thing is just a time saver- need a magic circle drawn fast? Why not use Medusa Blood! Winged horse guaranteed on your first summon!
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Maybe its something she has to do only one time per War.

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    More specifically the blood from her decapitated throat (because Perseus took her head and put it in a bag), hence why she slits her throat to summon it in the game. It's a myth thing.
    Wait, how this work, the giant monster Gorgon reverted to humanoid Gorgon after she was killed?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Wait, how this work, the giant monster Gorgon reverted to humanoid Gorgon after she was killed?
    Probably? Or else Kibisis would have to be a huge bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Probably? Or else Kibisis would have to be a huge bag.
    it's just a bag of holding

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Nah, we see her corpse in the Chrȳsāōr craft essence and it's pretty huge. The same CE says that her head was used as a weapon, though, so presumably Kibisis is just bigger on the inside.

Also Gorgon was smaller than she was in Babylonia, I think? That's mostly just her being pumped up on grail juice, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    kinda like the question "why is the fire orange?" sciencist can answer "because of the sodium", but that still does not answer why, because of the sodium, is the fire orange.
    Because when heated enough the sodium vapor ionizes. When the excited electrons drop back to ground state they emit a photon with a distinct wavelength. Different elements have characteristic emission lines, and sodium has two emission lines (589.0 nm and 589.6 nm) which for our brain are "orange".
    Last edited by Herod; May 2nd, 2020 at 06:30 PM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Would it be accurate to say that imperial previledge is a degraded form of authority?

Got the idea from the Romulus to Grand Lancer upgrade and also because both authorities and IP are bullshit "i can do it just because my ID says it falls within my juresdiction" abilities