Page 7378 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 637868787278732873687373737673777378737973807383738874287478 ... LastLast
Results 147,541 to 147,560 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Was Koha-Ace's gag grail war ever translated?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Was Koha-Ace's gag grail war ever translated?
    As far as I know, it never was, there is this summary of the story you can read if you like:
    https://www.facebook.com/TMTHEORY/po...85351461740246

Also, if you're wondering about the difference between the original and type redline, besides the new masters and the plot elements they add (time travel, etc.), the events so far have follow pretty close with the original with no apparent change, there are though new scenes to help ease the transition between scenes more smoothly than in the original story. This is no surprise really, when the manga was first lunched, Keikenchi (the original author) tweeted they were still involved on the script of the remake

US Friend Code
    Well I was interested in the differences but moreso just wanted to read the original. Thanks for the link.

in which series was the first time that one of the Association's departments was mentioned by name?

for example, did some say "department of spiritual invocation" in FSN?

was Gil the architect of the Gate Mechanism?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    in which series was the first time that one of the Association's departments was mentioned by name?

for example, did some say "department of spiritual invocation" in FSN?
    Probably KnK but I haven't really read volumes 5-6 where the Clock Tower comes up, so I dunno.

For FSN, it's Heaven's Feel I think, unless someone knows of an earlier quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by FSN HF route True End (Mirror Moon translation)
    The magi in the spirit dispelling department would be unable to work for three days if they saw her. I bet they'd lock themselves up in their workshop for a month if they found out she's a familiar.
    Spiritual Evocation maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

I may be wrong, but I don't think they mention any department directly in Rakkyo's Novel, at least not that I remember

How do grails work with the concept of mystery, since servants explicitly have AOG stuff or DC, are they just cloning mystery? like I could summon say gil 10 times and his armor wont be weaker
    Last edited by Byegod; May 7th, 2020 at 10:31 PM.

got a question regarding the origin of mana.

if we can use energy from the soul to fuel magecraft and souls are often stated to reside in a higher dimension, since we can use mana from the earth to do the same, does that mean that mana is linked to higher dimensions as well?

additionally, i would like to know why it is that grudges are able to attack the soul through curses and does that specific opinion have any cultural and historical origin that we can pinpoint in our world?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Indian burial grounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    How do grails work with the concept of mystery, since servants explicitly have AOG stuff or DC, are they just cloning mystery? like I could summon say gil 10 times and his armor wont be weaker
    Grails are either Justeaze' exploded nervous system or a crystallized buttload of mana depending on the specific one you're talking about. They're just magic items that help you cast the actual spell, heroic spirit summoning.

Mystery doesn't care about how many Gils there are, it cares about how many people know how Gil works. If ten people know how to make lead into gold then the overall spell is weaker, but one person can make ten bits of lead into gold without diluting the whatsits.

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Grails are either Justeaze' exploded nervous system or a crystallized buttload of mana depending on the specific one you're talking about. They're just magic items that help you cast the actual spell, heroic spirit summoning.

Mystery doesn't care about how many Gils there are, it cares about how many people know how Gil works. If ten people know how to make lead into gold then the overall spell is weaker, but one person can make ten bits of lead into gold without diluting the whatsits.
    Yeah but I can summon two of the same saber at the same time

Yeah but I can summon two of the same saber at the same time
    You could summon an army of sabers and it wouldn't matter as long as you didn't go into the public and said "hey, here's my army of sabers".

It's just like how there were tens of thousands of people who existed in the world at the same time long ago, and yet the body itself remained a mystery. The amount didn't matter, it was only after some people analyzed and studied the body to understand how it actually worked that its mystery decayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    You could summon an army of sabers and it wouldn't matter as long as you didn't go into the public and said "hey, here's my army of sabers".

It's just like how there were tens of thousands of people who existed in the world at the same time long ago, and yet the body itself remained a mystery. The amount didn't matter, it was only after some people analyzed and studied the body to understand how it actually worked that its mystery decayed.
    maybe but there is till something iffy to me

Servants/heroic spirits are basically given a free pass/are a record of “this is how hardcore this was” by the human order, so.

maybe but there is till something iffy to me
    Let me paint you a scenario

You're an everyday man, sitting at home during quarantine, craving some cake. You're not stupid, and know how to bake to some extent, but you couldn't ever bake an entire cake yourself, you just don't have the know-how or the necessary tools, so it is next to impossible for you to do so, even if you wanted to. However, other smarter people before you have already solved this problem for you, by virtue of this little thing called a cake mix. The cake mix has all the ingredients and necessary components for baking a cake ready to go, and is just waiting for you to pour it into a bowl and whisk it together with all your might. So that's what you decide to do. You take your lackluster baking knowledge and pour the cake mix into a bowl, and you whisk it until a cake is sitting nicely on your kitchen counter. That's your cake now, that you made, and you could even tell people you made it, but if they asked you how you made it or what it actually contains, you would have no idea (as far as explaining how you make a real cake goes, that is). Now, because of social distancing and lack of human contact, you have gone insane alone in your home, and so you spend your days endlessly making cakes, using up cake mix after cake mix. Your entire house is filled with cakes. But here's the catch. You still can't explain how to bake a real cake, or name the ingredients of the cakes you've made, since there are no labels on your off-brand cake mix package. It doesn't matter how many cakes you make using this cake mix, you'll never learn what it consists of, and so all people will find in your house when you pass out from overeating cake is a bunch of cheap cakes.

Of course, there is a way for you to figure out the contents of the cakes. You could take them apart, taste test, and compare the parts of the cakes to other things in your kitchen. It might be hard to do with just one cake, but since you've created countless cakes during the last few days, you are free to perform numerous experiments to determine all these parts. Eventually, you could come to understand exactly how these cakes are made and what they consist of. You might not necessarily know exactly how to make one from scratch because of that, what with measurements and all, but you'll know for a fact what each cake contains and the process through which it was made.

But see, you won't analyze and experiment on your cakes. You made them for a reason, and that reason was that you craved a cake to eat, so that's what you'll do. You'll eat your cake, and realize just how fleeting of an existence it is, and then you will forget about it, until perhaps you mix together another cake, and repeat the same process. Nevertheless, simply whisking together the cake mix will never grant you the knowledge of how to make a real, proper cake.
    Last edited by fumei; May 8th, 2020 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Hell we can break it down simpler then that.

The Grail is like a big Calculator. Yes, you can input the
    Ritual
    Equation
    and get the correct
    Servant
    Answer
    any number of times, but if you don't show your working the teacher will still fail you on your homework.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    As for the question of "why don't they just summon a bunch of Gilgameshes to win the war", remember that each Servant takes a lot of energy to maintain (so each master can only handle a handful at most), summons aren't guaranteed without material components (and thus you'd need to share the snakeskin or whatever), and it's a battle royale death game so teaming up is dangerous. You don't summon two Gilgameshes, you summon one and your trusted friend summons a second one... assuming personal compatibility and available class containers and any number of other things don't impact it.

Also, well, the Grail only gives you a free pass for the first Servant. If you want to summon more than that, you'll need to get your own elaborate ritual and extensive mana supply. (Before you ask, Chaldea has electrical generators working 24/7 to supply magical energy and use a piece of the Round Table to summon with. The Einzbern use a 60-year leyline-leeching thing and the Rhinegold.)

Another thing to note on the whole mystery thing is that it probably doesn't matter whether or not Gilgamesh himself knows how he works, he's not human. Ghosts don't get to impact the global human subconsciousness, I don't think? Rather than having ten Gilgameshes diluting his magic, you'd need ten Gilgamesh scholars studying just the one.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Hell we can break it down simpler then that.

The Grail is like a big Calculator. Yes, you can input the
    Ritual
    Equation
    and get the correct
    Servant
    Answer
    any number of times, but if you don't show your working the teacher will still fail you on your homework.
    How does that work with casters who all know the same magic? we have multiple tamamo's or medea's at chaldea who all know the same magics

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How does that work with casters who all know the same magic? we have multiple tamamo's or medea's at chaldea who all know the same magics
    They are dead, they don't get to participate in the human order anymore.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria