Page 7415 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 641569157315736574057410741374147415741674177420742574657515 ... LastLast
Results 148,281 to 148,300 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Looking for nasu blog translation from round CCC time period.
    anyone got em

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    Karna's armor is A though?

I think I was misunderstanding what you were saying regardless. I was reading it as you specifically talking about a burden of the body that is "can't get hurt by anything no matter what" cause of your "Baldr sans mistletoe" example, like no loopholes, no ways around it, no bullshit. If someone like that existed, they would be completely deathless, but if I misunderstood what you were saying then that's a moot point.

If it's just "they have an armament that's absolute", then I'd think the most direct example we have of "a defense that's completely impenetrable" would just be, like, good old Avalon, though you can argue that's more like being a dodge tank than having a high defense. Something that absolute doesn't strike me as "just" A, especially since we do have an A rank super defensive conceptual "block all your stuff" NP in Karna's armor, as you brought up, and it's not at 100%.
    Luminosité Eternelle

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    When Avalon is the ultimate defense

You can only go down from there.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Luminosite's another good example, yeah, since it accumulates damage and can't hold up to something like multiple Anti-Fortress attacks.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    Karna's armor is A though?

I think I was misunderstanding what you were saying regardless. I was reading it as you specifically talking about a burden of the body that is "can't get hurt by anything no matter what" cause of your "Baldr sans mistletoe" example, like no loopholes, no ways around it, no bullshit. If someone like that existed, they would be completely deathless, but if I misunderstood what you were saying then that's a moot point.

If it's just "they have an armament that's absolute", then I'd think the most direct example we have of "a defense that's completely impenetrable" would just be, like, good old Avalon, though you can argue that's more like being a dodge tank than having a high defense. Something that absolute doesn't strike me as "just" A, especially since we do have an A rank super defensive conceptual "block all your stuff" NP in Karna's armor, as you brought up, and it's not at 100%.
    I could've sworn Karna's armour was B ranked. I remember one of his NPs being that, at least.

Yeah, I think my point was more along the lines of that there are definitely seemingly invincible armours and abilities- complete invincibility is boring and counterproductive, so the writers wouldn't let in any of those without a way to counter them, but it'd technically be possible in universe to just summon a Herc-like figure, whose immortality or invincibility just isn't possible to overcome with what the other participants have.

I think.

It's impossible to know what I was actually thinking at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Luminosité Eternelle
    Eternelle does have an upper limit, IIRC. It's supposed to fray and fall apart as it takes damage, and I'm fairly sure the reason Amakusa sent Karna was that VS has a good chance of just punching right through Eternelle and vaporising her in one shot.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Eternelle does have an upper limit, IIRC. It's supposed to fray and fall apart as it takes damage
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Apo Mats
    By brandishing her holy flag, she can convert her EX rank Magic Resistance skill into an equally powerful defense that blocks all physical attacks. It is the crystallization of the legend of Jeanne d’Arc waving her flag on the battlefield and fighting to the very end with hardly any wounds. However, each time she uses it, she accumulates damages, so naturally she can’t withstand an Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm multiple times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    When Avalon is the ultimate defense

You can only go down from there.
    ultimate personal defense (or dodge) anyway
    lord camelot is a whole lot better for general defending though

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean, when are you getting multiple Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasms in a row?

Eternelle might have a total amount of damage it can soak, but that total seems to surpass most if not all raw damage Noble Phantasms we've seen yet

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    I mean, when are you getting multiple Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasms in a row?
    I mean, just that sort of situation happens in Apo with Heaven's Flail, so I'm not sure I'd say that.

Beyond that accumulating damage means it could just wear down across the length of a war instead of being a thing for one battle.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    The numbers are 11 and B.
    It can tank B++ attack which would be stronger than an A-ranked one.

- - - Updated - - -

Compare this to the Armor of Fafnir. One is just being very sturdy and hard to damage, another one is basically existing on a higher plane of existence and thus being untouchable for the lesser phenomena.

Concept of ranks vs damage reduction. It’s just a matter of what they do.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Outside of vague statements like "the strongest lifeforms in their planets", what exactly are the abilities of each Type (that we know of, at least)? For instance, ORT is apparently a giant crystal spider who ate a vampire, but do we know anything else it can do?

We'll know more soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Outside of vague statements like "the strongest lifeforms in their planets", what exactly are the abilities of each Type (that we know of, at least)? For instance, ORT is apparently a giant crystal spider who ate a vampire, but do we know anything else it can do?
    Kill things really really fast and incredibly well.

run with toast in its mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    https://fuyuki-fkmufbsoqr.now.sh/tat...heUltimateOnes

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Thanks!
    So we don't know much, is what you're saying.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    The only ones that are even remotely relevant characters are Venus, Mercury and Moon. We get some short exposition about Type-Venus' capabilities from V/V when she tells Godo why she's sacrificing herself, what little we know about Type-Moon is from Arc's powerups and that vague moondrop vs. kaleidobeam interview answer, and ORT (OORT?) is going to make a physical appearance in FGO sometime next year-ish but is also the only one to get pages and art in supplemental books.

The sad facts of the matter is that most of them just don't matter?

What is Artoria's status in FGO? Is she still alive?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    As in, FSN Artoria who went to Avalon? As alive as Merlin is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3