Page 7423 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 642369237323737374137418742174227423742474257428743374737523 ... LastLast
Results 148,441 to 148,460 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    Planets are impressive and all, but you know what's more awesome? A Star. So what's stronger than an Ultimate One of the Planet? How about Ultimate One of the Sun?
    It was said that something stronger than Ort heard the call of Gaia so it would kinda make sense, but we don't even know if star have a subconscious as planet do.
    By the way, in the opening 2 of cosmos in the lostbelt we got confirmation that Ort is a giant kaiju too. I always thought he was legendary pokemon size.
    Last edited by Mementore; September 5th, 2020 at 08:10 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Groudon yo
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mementore View Post
    It was said that something stronger than Ort heard the call of Gaia so it would kinda make sense, but we don't even know if star have a subconscious as planet do.
    By the way, in the opening 2 of cosmos in the lostbelt we got confirmation that Ort is a giant kaiju too. I always thought he was legendary pokemon size.
    We always had 40m as his official height.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Every time I remember Groudon is only 3.5 m tall I groan

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Every time I remember Groudon is only 3.5 m tall I groan
    Wait, really? Why do I remember him being at least T-Rex sized in RS?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    The anime made him a kaiju but his size in the Pokedex in the games has always been tinier than you'd think.

This is true for a lot of Pokemon though, Charizard's game size only goes up to the player's shoulder or so. Compare to Ash's Charizard towering over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    We always had 40m as his official height.
    What, really?
    Because the shadow of that thing is bigger than trees and even a temple seems small in comparison in the opening.
    Last edited by Mementore; September 6th, 2020 at 05:23 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mementore View Post
    What, really?
    Because the shadow of that thing is bigger than trees and even a temple seems small in comparison in the opening.
    It does seem like it might have gotten a size increase for dramatic license, yeah. It's possible that it's just close to the sun, I guess, but the shadow at 1:10-1:11 in OP2 certainly seems to be some half a kilometer in diameter (assuming that the Chichen Itza-lookalike is of similar dimensions). I dunno if it being in UFO-mode changes the measurements?

Then again, it's probably safe to say that no matter how large they make it it'll still have at least one prominent bodypart be small enough to fit on-screen while your Servants wail on it. For Tiamat this meant beating her face in, and for Gugalanna it meant fighting a single leg. (Also, note that one older commercial made a hydra be dozens of meters tall. They take creative license when making things look cool for advertisements.)

Well, you lose point if you don't fit the entire character model on screen in one go. Points you usually have to make up for with story and leaving a strong impression.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Is Tuning connected to the musica universalis?

Been rereading Case Files to see if Tuning is ever mentioned alongside it, but it doesn't look like. While it would make sense to me, Melvin being a member of Valuay instead of Animusphere throws a bit of a wrench in that theory.
    Old post, but reading Miwa's tweets when the CF anime was airing, he does mention this in regard to music and Melvin's Tuning:
    https://twitter.com/baronmiwa/status...604116483?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Google Translate
    As the renowned magician says that the world is music, the whole universe is made up of vibrations at specific frequencies. The vibration becomes light, space, and material. In that sense, Melvin's technique is a universal one that works in a very fundamental area.
    Not sure who is the renowned magician he is referring to though.
    Last edited by All fictions; September 8th, 2020 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Blog Entries

So after reading fate/StrangeFake and looking up Beautiful assassins profile on the good ol type moon wiki. if she had been one of the hassen wouldn't she have meant all king Hassen requirements to not get her head lopped off.
    my understanding being that his rules are:

never become corrupt or loose in essence be a zelot at all times: check
    have powers or zabanayas that are not riddled with weakness as well as not become over reliant on them: check
    and always protect the people.: check?

No.

elaborate? please.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    She was a member of the cult and lived out her life doing the job, but didn't qualify for 'Hassan' because she was just a copycat. Mentally there was nothing about her that would make Old Man lop her head off, unlike say Serenity who is obviously talented, but deranged. She just wasn't seen as cool enough to get the title.

There is a roughly 98% chance it's going to turn out that Zabaniya: Meditative Sensitivity never existed, meaning it was her original technique, and she actually qualified for a Old Man of the Mountain all along. Sucks to suck!

- I mean, a real writer could spin it into how her real character flaw was lack of personal ambition, and how you can't be a good murderer if you're just a total tool, because the act of murder requires you to be a person yadda yadda. But Narita's writing it, so don't get your hopes up.
    Last edited by Ratman; September 9th, 2020 at 12:55 AM.

okay, so had she been a hassan she probably would have been the only one to not get her head loped off, but becuase she was seen as a copycat she never got the title so its a bit of ironic tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Serverntclassslave View Post
    okay, so had she been a hassan she probably would have been the only one to not get her head loped off, but becuase she was seen as a copycat she never got the title so its a bit of ironic tale.
    Not all the Hassans lost their heads to King Hassan, we only have confirmation Serenity did because she was so tired of her way of life that she was about to confess to the general she was supposed to kill that she was an assassin so she could be kill by him, but the moment she thought that KH chopped off her head.
    KH MyRoom lines however have a gag in which he loves taking heads so much he finds faults on all Hassans and tells them to surrender their heads. If Zealot would be added to FGO she probably would receive the same treatment

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The lack of originality thing was just a bullshit excuse the 18th Hassan made up to not let her take the title of 19th. The real reason why she was rejected is because while she's super great at the murder part of assassination, she's as bad as she can get at the stealth part. She's the type to knock the target's front door down and run in guns blazing. She's not just unqualified as a Hassan, she's unqualified as an assassin in general.

On the same line of thought, her central flaw in canon is not her lack of originality or ambition (I mean, how would she even learn 18 Zabaniyas without ambition?), but her lack of critical thinking about the Order of Assassins. She is a zealot, after all. Upon getting all her excruciating effort rejected in favor of someone very clearly inferior, her reaction is blaming herself for not working hard, because she's can't conceive the idea that the glorious Hassan-i-Sabbah lied to her their criteria or made a wrong or unfair decision.

Anyways, the popular fanon about her being Mighty Skeleton Man's favorite comes for the fact her thought patterns clearly don't fit the assassins standard, and gramps expressed his disappointment with all of his successors, so her different way of doing things could exactly what he wanted all along.

makes since, bone daddy not exactly known for being well.... suddle.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Bone daddy basically invented the idea of the assassins. He's only not subtle when it comes to handing out punishments to those who fail to live up to his standards.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP