Page 7448 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 644869487348739874387443744674477448744974507453745874987548 ... LastLast
Results 148,941 to 148,960 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Hey, Can saber give ownership of Avalon away to someone else? Also couldn't Caliburn be taken from saber by someone who is more worthy to be king?

what are the chances of fgo artoria being a heroic spirit from a timeline where she didn't make s deal with the world and became a heroic spirit properly

I'm pretty sure it's impossible for the same reason archer cant grandfather himself out of existence. They both exist outside time and space and are therefore unaffected by what occurs in time.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It really depends on the whole Avalon thing. If she goes off to the land of the fae, where she never dies, she doesn't enter the Throne.

Either way, the legend of King Arthur remains, and the legend of Arthur sticks around, and probably forms its own Servant variants.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Does Arthur have Avalon? or did it got mentioned in Protoype, ever?

As far as I know, there're some mentions in Fragments about the catalyst that Hiroki used to summon Arthur, and it plays a very similar role, even the question of being put inside Ayaka as a way to protect her, but they never make clear "what is". I think it's as close that Avalon came to being directly mentioned in Prototype.

Oh yeah, the Holy Sword's scabbard is mentioned at the end of the LN, as having been returned to the Fairies along with the sword.
    Last edited by Tenshi; November 6th, 2020 at 05:13 PM.

Doesnt Arthur do something stupid like put the sheath on Excalibur to make it "stronger" the sheath being the part of the sword with the cross and the rhombii.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno if proto sheath is called Avalon so i avoided the name cuz i asume its just FSN bias.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Doesnt Arthur do something stupid like put the sheath on Excalibur to make it "stronger" the sheath being the part of the sword with the cross and the rhombii.
    Is that so? I think my memory failed then. I just remember that whole analogy having a "second sheath" that was removed with seals and so on

His FGO 3rd ascension has the sheath removed conpared to the second, but Proto OVA has the sheath on and presumably unsealing ,based on the movement, when he vaporizes Gils flood.

I see I see. I hadn't stopped to think about it at all

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Arthur's mats don't list Avalon.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    that's because ayaka is his sheath and fgo deleted her
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I understand that the Ryougi family is doing pretty alright in the modern times, but how did Kokutou get away with marrying Shiki? Was nobody woried about his super-normie genes ruining their eugenic program? Shiki's kid isn't even psychic, either.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I understand that the Ryougi family is doing pretty alright in the modern times, but how did Kokutou get away with marrying Shiki? Was nobody woried about his super-normie genes ruining their eugenic program? Shiki's kid isn't even psychic, either.

Somehow I get the feeling that Shiki didn't ask for permission.

You seem pretty convinced that the blue-eyed, black-haired girl who sees Shiki as a rival in her quest for incest is her daughter.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Thing about that is that, cuckolding memes aside, Azaka is a psychic. SHE should marry Shiki.
    Last edited by Ratman; November 6th, 2020 at 10:20 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm with the "who'd argue with the girl who can kill time?" camp, but that does bring up a different line of questioning. If the Ryougi are lead by the one who can develop the split personality (which is why it's Shiki and not her older brother who's the heir), what happens after SHIKI dies? You're left with one heir who never attained it and another who had it but lost it through tragedy. You'd eventually go with the one who got it at all, but my guess is there's a bunch of people Shiki had to shank before everyone else wised up.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    if I recall correctly - I do not recall precisely where the runes state this, but I am confident that they do - the ryougi are no longer explicitly pursuing the eugenic policies. most likely because (a) demon hybrids are not as much of a problem in the Society in which we now Live, unless you're a nanaya, and (b) most of the split personality ryougi tend to go homicidally insane, which is not good for the property values.

shiki was something of a lucky atavism: a grand prize you win just at the moment of giving up the game - by which point it's no longer useful or interesting to you

also: she can't kill time. just like she can't kill distance. wipe this meme from the face of the earth.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Poor Shiki, never learned how to play a game or pick up a book or twiddle her thumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    alright, as far as I can determine this is not explicitly stated, but it is to some degree implied. depends on how you interpret these lines [both shiki]

Quote Originally Posted by part 2
    両儀の血にはそういった超越者の遺伝があるのだと、父は言った。それは呪のろいなのだとも。……たしかに呪 いだ。こんなもの、私から見れば超越者どころか異常者のそれに他ならない。
    幸い、ここ何代かで私以外にこの症状を持つ後継者はいなかった。理由は単純で、みな成人を前に精神病棟に行 く事になったからだ。
    一つの体に二つの人格という事実は、それだけで危うい。現実と現実との境界があやふやになって、しまいには 自殺してしまうケースが多かったという。
    そんな中、私はとりわけ狂ったそぶりもなく育った。
    tldr. there has not been a SUCCESSOR with dual personalities in several generations. this is not to say that no-one has been BORN with dual personalities in that time, but just that they didn't become the family head because they went insane or killed themselves before adulthood. (indicated that shiki's grandfather, mentioned in part 7, did not become the family head for this reason)

Quote Originally Posted by part 7
    私の父は両儀の血筋でありながら二重人格者ではなかった。だからこそ父は私という血統者の誕生を喜び、異常 者ではない兄を後継者から外してしまった。
    tldr. shiki's father did not himself have dual personalities [so it can and does skip generations, which cannot be ruled out in mana's case]. but he was glad that shiki was born with the trait, and moved to disinherit his son in favour of her for this reason. we also know from epilogue that they did stuff to her after birth which resulted in [ ] surviving and making shiki/SHIKI.

what seems to be clear here is that the trait is to a certain degree in 'recession', but that persons born with the trait are still 'handled' appropriately [in terms of training etc], even if most of them do factually end up dead or in asylums. whether this is simply due to an encrusted tradition sustaining itself, or due to an actual effort to perpetuate the trait, depends on one's interpretation
    Last edited by Dullahan; November 7th, 2020 at 02:47 AM.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty