Page 7456 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 645669567356740674467451745474557456745774587461746675067556 ... LastLast
Results 149,101 to 149,120 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    i was looking at some things on the wiki and i chanced upon this line about Araya when comparing him to Touko and Alba in the bottom refferences:

"Araya's overwhelming power is probably a result of the anguish that he ceaselessly accumulated through the ages."

considering what we know nowadays in terms of lore, what do you think this means?

and wasnt there a line somewhere about Touko being worried about Araya leaving some sort of curse as an imprint on the world if he accessed the Root or something like that?
    "Araya's overwhelming power is probably a result of the anguish that he ceaselessly accumulated through the ages."

In some cases a personal motivation or personal motivation lies behind ones magecraft. This line probably means that Araya's anguish and will to know the reason why people die served as a motivation for Araya to seek the Root and improve his magecraft in order to achieve that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hey there, guys! I have a few questions, if you please:

1) Are Dead Apostles* reanimated corpses, or are they "just" mutated humans? For instance: if they eat and drink normal food, will they produce waste? Do they need to breathe? If someone measures their vital signs, will they have a pulse? And so on and so forth.

* Specifically Dead Apostles, not True Ancestors.

2) I could swear I've read that when using rune magic, the runes need to be inscribed directly on the target for them to achieve maximum effect, but I can't seem to find a reference to that. Is that a piece of fanon, or is it actual canon? If the latter, what's the source?

3) Since Ryougi's "mental wiring" is different from Tohno's and she's better at killing abstract concepts, like magic... Is she capable of understanding phenomena? Could she kill the Night of Wallachia, for example?

do you think super Orion can pull off shots as powerful as Stella?

Blog Entries
    Hello.
    First, I would like to apologize about the all dumb things I said when I initially visited this forum, and for the ones that I might say now.

I'm a bit confused about the "Heroic Spirits are outside of time" concept.

1) Could a Servant's form/abilities/personality be affected by something from the future? For example, if an immensely influencial comic book is released in 2030 and it features the author's interpretation of Gilgamesh, massively altering the general perception of the character, could it affect his summoning in 2000?

2) Could you summon the version of a hero from another "timeline"? For example, if I use a relic associated with Socrates, could I potentially summon a version of him from an alternate past in which he became a famous warrior, assuming the relic is still appropriate?

3) If it is possible to forgo a relic and get a Servant based on my personality, am I not more likely to summon one from an alternate universe, since there's more of them than in our own universe?

I know the answer any question is "Only if the writers want it to happen", but from my understanding (and what I remember) of the Nasuverse, these should be possible in theory, right?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    marie antoinette is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the nasuverse

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Scientifically, it is impossible to throw a rock at someone, say something in German, and have it explode.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Don't step on the Saber, wild squirrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I've learned from a certain Jedi master that when you got the high ground, you automatically win.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    See, I'd say that the absolutely worst thing about "Prisma Illya" is exactly the sexualisation of children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Open your mind. There are many paths in front of you
    "I was under the influence of having a gun to shoot somebody."

Factors affecting status
    Land
    Recognition
    Magic energy of Master
    The three factors that affect the status of a Servant are land, recognition, and Master.
    With respect to land and recognition, the closer one is to the land (cultural sphere) that was the stage of the legend of the Heroic Spirit and the more that spirit is known, the stronger he is.
    The meaning of "strong" here is the Servant becoming closer to the strength, equipment of that of the legend. Through this blessing, the addition of another NP is also possible.
    If Chu Chulainn had been summoned in his homeland Ireland, a castle, chariot, protection of sleeplessness, and the like would have been added probably. Also, if the magic energy of the Master is powerful, the Servant will become closer to his strength as in the legend.
    You won't have the land or recognition of the future so.

Also I think that if someone reads like a comic book even if its influential I don't think people would think the comic 100% = the actual historical legend and stuff like that. That's like saying Dragon Ball Z is Journey to the West I feel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Also I think that if someone reads like a comic book even if its influential I don't think people would think the comic 100% = the actual historical legend and stuff like that. That's like saying Dragon Ball Z is Journey to the West I feel.
    I hope I'm not misremembering, but doesn't Semiramis get the Hanging Gardens because enough people think she built them? That seems like a similar thing, a misconception that is added to the legend.
    I know it's not realistic for a comic book to rewrite our perception of an ancient culture, but suppose it does for the thought experiment, and everyone from that future starts thinking of Gilgamesh as the main character from that comic book? Wouldn't it have some impact on their conception of him, even if they're aware of the legend behind the original character?

Or, to use Semiramis as a better example, would she still have the Hanging Gardens in an alternate timeline in which people didn't think she built them, because the Throne is outside of any specific universe?

As for the land and recognition, that seems fair.
    Spoiler:
    marie antoinette is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the nasuverse

Scientifically, it is impossible to throw a rock at someone, say something in German, and have it explode.
    I've learned from a certain Jedi master that when you got the high ground, you automatically win.
    See, I'd say that the absolutely worst thing about "Prisma Illya" is exactly the sexualisation of children.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We'll know when we get a Shen Gongbao Servant and he has Raikouben as a Noble Phantasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I think you give people too much credit for skepticism. A certain number of people really do assume that the version they saw is definitive (like the guy who was wondering why the Zero ED shows Arturia spearing Mordred when it was the other way around in the movie Excalibur); the real question is what percent.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Lets not forget the actual fictional servants like fran or moriaty

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Didn't one of the Materials books also say Medusa was fictional?

Which is really weird when you think about it, since Fate is basically a "all myths are true" setting. Or at least they're true to a small extent.
    Last edited by Mattias; December 8th, 2020 at 01:23 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Whether servants are fictional or not is pretty irrelevant due to the human order modifying reality and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Didn't one of the Materials books also say Medusa was fictional?

Which is really weird when you think about it, since Fate is basically a "all myths are true" setting. Or at least they're true to a small extent.
    Well, a clause ruling that all mythologies Actually Really Happened instead of the fact/myth distinction being irrelevant didn't need to exist back then.

wasn't there some refference to Cu having given away 3 spears to the opposing side shortly before his death?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Whether servants are fictional or not is pretty irrelevant due to the human order modifying reality and all.
    Is that from FGO?
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It’s most referenced in FGO, yes, but it’s originally from Kara no Kyoukai (there named Alaya instead instead of Human Order).

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Note that Alaya was called that because ālayavijñāna/arayashiki, so it's really just a case of giving a new word for something instead of just appropriating a Buddhist term. Also "Grand Order" has a mild obsession with "Order" and for various plot reasons finds it important to specify that it's the human order.

But yeah, it's just the collective unconsciousness same as always.

Blog Entries
    人理 can be validly translated as "Imperium of Man", as careful attention to the relevant etymological dictionaries will attest

makes u think
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    oh no no no, WoD was one thing, but now it's clear Nasu got into entirely the wrong tabletops

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Or entirely the right ones.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    人理 can be validly translated as "Imperium of Man", as careful attention to the relevant etymological dictionaries will attest

makes u think
    I don't think you know what etymology means.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.