Page 7460 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 646069607360741074507455745874597460746174627465747075107560 ... LastLast
Results 149,181 to 149,200 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Where did Goetia find the magical energy to use AAS to incinerate human history?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chaldea gave him, technically. He used his own resources to make 7 Singularities, then harvested the energy from their reparation to fuel AAS. He didn’t kill them in the London encounter because he still needed them to provide him the last three batches of fuel.

And what if Chaldea just let the singularities be?

US Friend Code
    Then everything would collapse because the singularities were stains on history.

If Lev's bombing didn't happen we would've skipped directly to part 2 with our AI mastermind

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    They're typically related to Elementals and Demons because in order to form one in the first place you need to actually have an inner self with a completely alien view of the world.
    No, that's old TMWiki fanon garbage. The requirements for an RM are to either work at magecraft till you're good enough to overlay your inner world on the outer world, or to be somebody so ridiculous you skip the decades of research to achieve it, or at least achieve something similar. The alien logic thing isn't a requirement, it's just something that stands out about the OG RM users, those weird alien beings that changed the world around them so they can pretend they're at home instead of in this weird society with taxes and children and all sorts of other stupid nonsense like that.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    I vaguely recall something about Servants being able to remember stuff that happened inside a Reality Marble across separate summonings. Does anyone know where it was from and what the explanation was?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I vaguely recall something about Servants being able to remember stuff that happened inside a Reality Marble across separate summonings. Does anyone know where it was from and what the explanation was?
    El Mellio Case Files.
    "Due to my study into Necromancy, I have a small amount of knowledge regarding Heroic Spirits. Of course, the true Heroic Spirit engraved on the Throne of Heroes certainly has knowledge of the time spent with you. Neither time nor space exists at the Throne, so the records of Heroic Spirits recorded there must be immense. ...however, for that reason, when Servants are summoned into this world, those records are not summoned with them. The knowledge Servants possess consists only of their memories of life, plus knowledge granted to them by the World required to operate in the present era. Beyond that are only a few small modifications. As the Throne of Heroes records all things regardless of time, if that knowledge wasn't stripped from them, any number of paradoxes could result."

Of course, that's all just a theory, she stipulated with the smile of a shark.

"Theory...?"

My feet suddenly felt unstable.

It felt like trying to build something, only to find out you were wrong from the very first step. I felt like the carpet might split open, dropping me straight into hell. If I didn't keep a tight rein on my feelings now, I was sure I'd collapse.

"Yes. It's just a theory. But, what if there were exceptions to it?"

Trisha continued.

"For example, memories from within a Singularity completely split off from every and all timelines, or from within Reality Marbles completely isolated from the rest of the world. Unless such conditions could be met...wouldn't your dream be impossible?"

US Friend Code
    Thanks.

Since I first heard that I've wondered if it was why the UBW anime made Archer vs Shirou happen inside UBW.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Thanks.

Since I first heard that I've wondered if it was why the UBW anime made Archer vs Shirou happen inside UBW.

I just thought it was because they wanted the cool visual of Shirou's UBW flickering over Archer's when he makes his final charge.

US Friend Code
    Well that too

So a thought randomly came to mind concerning multiple timelines, the Throne, and Heroic Spirits.

Right, so in general we get the sense that a hero ascends to the Throne and becomes a Heroic Spirit via achieving renown and whatnot. It's vague in my mind, but I get the gist I think. My question concerns the scenario where in timeline A some hero is allowed into the Throne, but what happens in every other timeline? I guess I have 2 different scenarios I want to cover.

Scenario 1 is if the hero is "entered" multiple times. Like even small divergences makes up a separate timeline right? Such as choosing to drink water or juice that morning. So would both be entered and sorta mush together into one? Actually, let's say there is a large difference in timeline B but said hero still gets into the throne. Does the Heroic Spirit have both memories then or is there just two near identical Heroic Spirits?

Also, in Scenario 2, what if the hero only achieves feats to become a Heroic Spirit in one timeline and every other time he/she just misses the mark? Is it only that singular one allowed or do the other timeline versions of that guy get a free pass and basically sorta merge into him?

So yeah overall I was wondering about how becoming a Heroic Spirit works in terms of the branching timelines that the Nasuverse goes with.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Well, based on the numerous alternative flavours of Artoria, I think it's fair to say that it depends on how much the writers Wife the character in question.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    It's not like the Throne has a storage problem. Any possible hero in any possible form from any timeline should be there.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Scenario 1, all the legends and truths are recorded together in the Throne, in a collection of legends about Crazy Mexican Man On Fire, and whichever Crazy Mexican Man On Fire you get is a mishmash of parts related to the legend (and whichever the author thinks will work better for their story).

You don't get Crazy Mexican Man On fire who had a different drink one day, because that isn't significant enough to get into a legend, unless it's like, Crazy Mexican Man decided he'd had it with all these motherfucking hydras on this motherfucking wagon, dumped his tequila hip flask all over himself, was suddenly as strong as ten men and as hot as ten car tyre fires, and killed them all, and thus the legend of Crazy Mexican Man On fire was born.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

So there are countless EMIYAs brooding apart from one another?

I mean we already know of 3 (NAMELESS, Emiya, and Pucci Bob from Detroit Emiya Alter).
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

What are the limits of Bellerophon? Can it be used on any Divine Beast or lower? How about a person or Servant?

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
    What are the limits of Bellerophon? Can it be used on any Divine Beast or lower? How about a person or Servant?
    As far as I can tell, it can be used on beasts from the Age of Gods. Dragons are an exception. It can enhance Divine Beasts capabilities, though its kinda pointless to use it on ordinary animals from the modern age, Medusa's riding skill alone is more than enouth for the job. Bellerophon is useless without a mount, and cannot be used on servants or common folks.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    No, that's old TMWiki fanon garbage. The requirements for an RM are to either work at magecraft till you're good enough to overlay your inner world on the outer world, or to be somebody so ridiculous you skip the decades of research to achieve it, or at least achieve something similar. The alien logic thing isn't a requirement, it's just something that stands out about the OG RM users, those weird alien beings that changed the world around them so they can pretend they're at home instead of in this weird society with taxes and children and all sorts of other stupid nonsense like that.
    I literally posted my source, man.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single