Page 7493 of 7508 FirstFirst ... 6493699373937443748374887491749274937494749574987503 ... LastLast
Results 149,841 to 149,860 of 150141

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Duvie View Post
    What's a magic formula exactly?
    Thanks in advance for any answers.
    A formula (術式) is for all intents and purposes the same thing as just a spell (though I don't know if there's any meaningful distinction in terms of complexity or whatever, but there isn't that I can recall right now at least). It's translated as such, as far as I know, to fit with the mathematical explanation of magic given in mahoyo.

Phenomena that can be made possible by human hands, realized with the power of a single person―――These are the general workings of magic.
    Put more simply, it would be possible for Aoko, if she so desired, to transport a huge lake to this residence.
    However, bringing something into this world that does not exist, even something as small as the tip of a finger, is not allowed.

For example, even if she was able to release an amount of energy equivalent to the heat from the afterburner of an F-15 fighter jet with her body alone, it would simply be because, thanks to a magic formula, the circuit called Aozaki Aoko had temporarily become an input variable. 
    The derived solution is thus in itself a numerical value able to occur in reality.
    However, in the case that the solution is in itself something that does not exist in reality, the formula proves invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Imaginary numbers are different from the IRL math concept correct? or has he connected the two

well, last time i looked into it, Imaginary Numbers(Math) is just the square root of minus 1 √-1 its imaginary cuz positive numbers multiplied by themselves result in a positive number and negative numbers multiplied by themselves also result in a positive number
    so the solution was to create a new axis on the Negative Positive line of numbers, this new axis could be called a "new dimension", and thats as close as i got to Imaginary Numbers (Math) being associated to Imaginary Numbers (magecraft) ability to create pocket dimensions.
    Then again this is Nasuverse and Imaginary numbers(magecraft) could just be a representative name in reference to hidden/unused/undiscovered dimensions. I dont think we even know if every use of Imaginary Numbers(magecraft) sends its content to its unique dimension or everyone is floating in the same dimension that houses primordial Tiamat

JP Friend Code
    We know at least the pocket dimension the Outer Gods are trying to use as road to Earth is the same pocket dimension we use to enter Lostbelts.

Imaginary numbers are just an Evangelion reference.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Imaginary numbers are just an Evangelion reference.
    do you mind explaining? cuz i cant remember off the top of my head.

死徒 Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    do you mind explaining? cuz i cant remember off the top of my head.
    In episode 16 of Neon Genesis Evangelion, the protagonist is pulled into the "shadow" of one of the monsters. This shadow is something like a pocket dimension, and the show calls it a Dirac Sea (because lol technobabble). Its usage in NGE isn't terribly different from how "imaginary numbers" is used in Heaven's Feel, I guess, and they're both gross misrepresentations of maths/physics that just take the general concept and run with it.

They straight up say that pocket dimension is "an Imaginary Numbers Space called Dirac Sea"
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

yup i guess you`re right

Was Aylesbury Valesti ritual the reason why mana depletion happened in Extra? I thought Crimson Moon didn't exist in Extra setting

JP Friend Code
    Both statements are true. Though to be more precise, all we know is that the world got screwed up because a ritual that was supposed to be performed in an English suburb on the 21th century was performed in 1970 instead. For all we know, it technically could have been completely different but seemingly equally big ritual happening on a different on the other side of England at the same time as Aylesbury, but we never heard of anything that else matches.

We should get the details of that on Studio BB's second or third game.

I think the ritual could end up being a completely new thing too. IIRC in Last Encore, Twice was blaming Leo/the Harweys for Overcount 1999 and I'm pretty sure magi weren't involved with Aylesbury

US Friend Code
    CM may not be Type-Moon in Extra worlds but wouldn't he have to still exist in some form since Arc's in Extra?

Living Dead Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    They straight up say that pocket dimension is "an Imaginary Numbers Space called Dirac Sea"
    Does this make Dark Sakura the Angel Chromosome-XX version of Leliel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    and here we come across a curious instance of a prosaic carmen figuratum expressed on multiple semantic strata wherein the increase both of literary temperature as noted by the laterally expanding index and the cognitive fervour rendered in monolithic paragraphs crystallises a sense of spiralling delirium which textually imaged akin to sound waves on a vertical axis could be visually rendered as a sequence of high-energy sustained primal screams emanating thusly the following sentiment: "fuuuuck ooooooff graaand oooordeeer reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    CM may not be Type-Moon in Extra worlds but wouldn't he have to still exist in some form since Arc's in Extra?

Quote Originally Posted by Extra mats - Blut die Schwester
    Originating from the brain of the Moon, it is the embodiment of the Moon that after many years became the Earth's touch. This avatar possesses Earth's Authority while also being a copy of the Moon.
    It simultaneously personifies the fundamental rules of both the Moon and the Earth, and by putting the rules of the Earth and the Moon side by side it can use the discrepancies as a method of attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10th anniversary Q&A
    Q. Is there any relationship between the Moon Cell and the Crimson Moon? Does the Moon Cell exist in universes outside of EXTRA?
    A. Moon Cell is something that is only in EXTRA, and it does not have anything to do with the Crimson Moon. However, in the world of EXTRA, the Brain of the Planet who is equivalent to the Crimson Moon should still be living somewhere.
    So I guess the brain of the Moon still existed in Extra

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Yes but no
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Sound Drama 2
    大河・Taiga
    「TYPE-MOON作品では、作品が違っても世界観を共有していることが多いけど、エクストラの世界以外にムーンセル は存在しないと言うのは本当かしら?」
    「In the works of TYPE-MOON, even where the works are different, world settings are often shared, so would it be true to state that outside of the world of EXTRA, the Moon Cell does not exist?」

桜・Sakura
    「はい、存在しません。それがフェイト/エクストラがifの世界と言われる所以でもあります。そもそも、ム ーンセルが存在したら、世界観を共有する月姫の根底が崩れてしまいます。」
    「Indeed, it does not exist. This would also be the reason that Fate/EXTRA is referred to as a World of 'if.' In the first place, were the Moon Cell to exist within it, Tsukihime -- which shares the same world settings -- would from its very premise collapse.」

セイバー・Saber
    「む?ゲーム本編で月姫のキャラクターが登場していた気がするが。あれは幻だったか?」
    「Umu? But I'm of the impression that Tsukihime characters appeared within the primary material of the game. Was that a hallucination?」

桜・Sakura
    「幻ではありませんが、月姫における人類史とは血続きではないということです。ぶっちゃけると、ファンサー ビスですね。」
    「It wasn't a hallucination, but -- the matter is that there is no direct continuity of lineage from the History of Man that exists as of Tsukihime. To put it bluntly, it was fanservice.」
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Was it explained where do the wizards get they money from? Not on the individual level but for their society as a whole.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Was it explained where do the wizards get they money from? Not on the individual level but for their society as a whole.

IIRC the Tohsaka family own some patents that the Mage Association pays them for? They also used to own land, but either property management is the one thing that Kirei isn't good at, or he deliberately mismanaged it and lost all Rin's investment properties, which is why she's poor now.

So probably stuff like that. A lot of the older Magus families are descended from Landed Gentry, so they have a base of wealth there to build from.

Of course, you could always go the Einzbern route and start gathering up cursed dragon gold, that never goes wrong.
    Last edited by forumghost; April 15th, 2021 at 09:58 AM.

US Friend Code
    Royalties from magic formulas are a big part of it, apparently. From Comun's summary of El-Melloi Adventures:

To explain whatís the deal with that we need to talk about magecraft copyright. The biggest source of income for most mages comes from royalties from their patented magecraft formulas. In fact, the main reason why so many mages want Waver dead is because his MO is figuring out the inner workings of other peopleís magecrafts, changing them, and then patenting them under his own name. But, as we know, magecraft is practiced in secrecy, so the copyright bills can only be properly charged due to the Carrion observatory in Albion. However, the Carrion canít observe the entire world, which is why the Clock Tower has other branches, which with their own observatory, allowing magecraft copyright to be enforced in about 70-80% of the globe.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Their money is the same as regular society, so it's not like Harry Potter where Wizards have this whole other economic system. As people have said, a lot of mages descend from old money, but it's notable that big names also possess significant influence in normal society. To give some examples, I believe Lord Trambelio is some sorta politician, Waver to normal people is a university professor and presumably gets paid similar rates to one and Luvia took over a shopping centre after its previous owner went to jail. So long as they're not trading in illegal stuff, a lot of their finances are probably fairly public, just being covered by suitable mundane equivalents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Blue Exorcist Wiki Plug
    https://aonoexorcist.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page