Page 7503 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 650370037403745374937498750175027503750475057508751375537603 ... LastLast
Results 150,041 to 150,060 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    How about the Age of Gods on the Americas

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Transcontinental Railroad confirmed an artificial Enkidu shackling the local land gods
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Pacific island AOGs probably lasted a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Transcontinental Railroad confirmed an artificial Enkidu shackling the local land gods
    Heroic Spirit [dude who was important to the westward expansion] whose NP is a Mystery-killing train.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Pacific island AOGs probably lasted a while.

Heroic Spirit [dude who was important to the westward expansion] whose NP is a Mystery-killing train.
    So William Tecumseh Sherman, except his NP is actually a reality marble where all the buffalo/bison get shot, including the target, who is somehow turned into one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I guess Nasu really liked Spirit Tracks

US Friend Code
    I really liked Spirit Tracks. Good game. Hard to play on a 3DS because of the mic placement though.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I enjoyed it quite a bit; reminds me of the ancient days where I wanted to write Rider Link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

夜属 Nightkin
    Where does the Idea that magic crests are a collection of magic circuits that are added to in each generation come from?

All the sources I am aware of simply refer to it as a manifestation of the mystery of a family's magecraf and collection of spells they learned, obviously there is other stuff like allowing to use the spells, or keeping you alive. But I am not really seeing anything that implies that it increases your amount of circuits in any way.

I mean, the Magic Crest has been referred to multiple times in both FSN and Case Files as something akin to a separate organ that's transplanted into a mage, and as a separate magical organ, it has its own Mystery and keeps the bearer alive. I'm not sure about it being a collection of circuits, but that does seem right to me, since I'm fairly certain for both Rin and Luvia, their Crests contribute extra circuits to their total number? IDK, someone more knowledgeable than me can probably elaborate.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I mean, the Magic Crest has been referred to multiple times in both FSN and Case Files as something akin to a separate organ that's transplanted into a mage, and as a separate magical organ, it has its own Mystery and keeps the bearer alive.
    Yes, and as far as I am aware of thats about the only thing they've been called in those, and throughout them they were just reffered to as manifestation of a family's mystery in various ways and that they grow over the generations as a family keeps adding knowledge to them. Though it was also mentioned in case files, that some crests were originally started by implanting pieces of phantasmal species into yourself.
    I'm not sure about it being a collection of circuits, but that does seem right to me, since I'm fairly certain for both Rin and Luvia, their Crests contribute extra circuits to their total number? IDK, someone more knowledgeable than me can probably elaborate.
    As far as I know the only mention of their magic circuit number are from these, and neither mention anything about crests
    By the way, Shirou’s number of magic circuits is an unexpectedly high 27.
    Rin, on the other hand, has 40 main circuits, while her sub-circuits are 30 each.
    https://www.tmdict.com/en/ma.magic-circuit
    Her own heart, now a precious stone in and of itself, cracked and shattered. The instant that illusory sound reached out to her fingertips, her body became nothing more than a cog in the machine that would produce a mystery. A number of nerves in her body, totalling one hundred, transformed themselves into magic circuits, and connected themselves to the ritual she was performing. At the same time, Luvia's consciousness spread out into a more ethereal body.
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post2187847

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Is there anything we know about Krishna in this world, or who the avatars of Vishnu are after Rama? Buddha doesn't seem to be one as far as I can tell.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We know that Krishna cursed Ashwattaman during the Mahabharata and that’s pretty much all. Also, his Lostbelt version is implied to be the first deity Altjuna absorbed.

As for Buddha, he gets an unnamed, non-speaking role in Fate/EXTRA, so it’s obvious that Nasu is being very cautious of how he’s being portrayed. Gautama’s status as a Vishnu avatar is a delicate topic, so I can’t imagine TM Buddha taking that route.

Blog Entries
    ah yes, TM's well known sensitivity concerning religious figures

if siegfried and sigurd are allowed to be seperate characters there is no reason they wouldn't just make the Tathagata and vishnu-buddha 2 seperate people lol
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Nu-TM is far more sensitive to Japanese cultural taboos. The Tokugawa event in FGO made sure not to offer any criticisms of the Tokugawa or paint them in a bad light, as compared to early works making agents of the Catholic Church heroes. They wouldn’t do that. If Buddha reappeared, he’d be a fully Buddhist depiction

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    ah yes, TM's well known sensitivity concerning religious figures

if siegfried and sigurd are allowed to be seperate characters there is no reason they wouldn't just make the Tathagata and vishnu-buddha 2 seperate people lol
    That does make sense, especially since both religions have means to allow for it, and both are mutually exclusive just like Sigurd and Siegfried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    Nu-TM is far more sensitive to Japanese cultural taboos. The Tokugawa event in FGO made sure not to offer any criticisms of the Tokugawa or paint them in a bad light, as compared to early works making agents of the Catholic Church heroes. They wouldn’t do that. If Buddha reappeared, he’d be a fully Buddhist depiction
    Saver honestly covers that already. His depiction is pretty in line with Mahayana ideas about the Tathāgata, at least thus far.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do we know when the Makiri became known as the Matou? Was that before they came to Japan or after? I'm just a lil' hazy on the whole name debacle there cause I heard Makiri used to be Zouken's given name before it became the family name or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Do we know when the Makiri became known as the Matou? Was that before they came to Japan or after? I'm just a lil' hazy on the whole name debacle there cause I heard Makiri used to be Zouken's given name before it became the family name or something?
    He was Makiri Zolgen, the last true heir of the Zolgen Family from Kiev, but after he went to Japan, he reversed which was his first vs last name, and went native as Matou Zouken/Zouken Matou.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    as compared to early works making agents of the Catholic Church heroes. They wouldn’t do that. If Buddha reappeared, he’d be a fully Buddhist depiction
    Kirei is hardly a hero, Ciel is an explicit unbeliever and also not exactly heroic herself. And Saver had already appeared as a being distinct from "earthly" deities.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    He was Makiri Zolgen, the last true heir of the Zolgen Family from Kiev, but after he went to Japan, he reversed which was his first vs last name, and went native as Matou Zouken/Zouken Matou.

Here I thought he was just too Lazy to change his name around on his Immigration paperwork and everyone just assumed that "Makiri" was his family name.

Here I thought he was just too Lazy to change his name around on his Immigration paperwork and everyone just assumed that "Makiri" was his family name.
    That too, I guess. I mean, who would he be hiding from? Witchcraft trials were so last century by then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Kirei is hardly a hero, Ciel is an explicit unbeliever and also not exactly heroic herself. And Saver had already appeared as a being distinct from "earthly" deities.
    And that makes Saver a rather Japanese depiction of the Tathāgata.