Page 7510 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 651070107410746075007505750875097510751175127515752075607610 ... LastLast
Results 150,181 to 150,200 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Since you're from Saudi Arabia, I must wonder what exactly the term that Hassan's bit uses for Shaytan is.
    It's always been 悪性の精霊.

Is Tiamat the original existence of all the earth-born pantheons(apart from greek and mesoamerican) or does each one have its own origin? Apart from mythology I've seen some people saying she is and others say she isn't so I never knew what to think about. I also remember Skadi talks about the primordial chaos in Nemo's event so that could be a thing too

Each mythology (more or less) was its own texture in different parts of the world so their individual creation myths apply to them respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifreet23 View Post
    Is Tiamat the original existence of all the earth-born pantheons(apart from greek and mesoamerican) or does each one have its own origin? Apart from mythology I've seen some people saying she is and others say she isn't so I never knew what to think about. I also remember Skadi talks about the primordial chaos in Nemo's event so that could be a thing too
    Cathy/unnamed ancient goddess says hi from bb and ccc

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Cathy/unnamed ancient goddess says hi from bb and ccc
    I do wonder if that's still canon at this point. It does feel like they've kinda replaced her with Tiamat. Tiamat obviously wasn't supposed to be as major of figure for a start, as implied by how she was datamined to just be a Berserker, not a Beast, and I don't think the concept of the 7 Beasts were around at the time of CCC, just the one Beast from Proto.

I remember hearing how Shimousa got a bunch of edit's made to it shortly after it first came out. The main one I recall was Amakusa mentioning the Fantasy Tree descending in the original version but not in the 'fixed' version we have now. Does anyone have a list of all the edits that were made there?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    I do wonder if that's still canon at this point. It does feel like they've kinda replaced her with Tiamat.
    BB was released in FGO after Tiamat, so Cathy is more recent than Tiamat in terms of mentions.

I don't think the concept of the 7 Beasts were around at the time of CCC, just the one Beast from Proto.
    CCC openly calls Tamamo and BB "Evils of Humanity". Even if the name Beast and the amount wasn't settled yet, the concept was already planned.

Throwback to where Nasu said it takes 7 "guardians" to contain PM.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Taking an existing thing and saying years later that it's actually a different thing is not planned all along, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Leaving things undecided and vaguely phrased so that you can spin them in any direction whenever you want, on the other hand, can be.

Nasu did said in an interview after FGO part 1 was over that he decided the overall plot by bringing back the unnused scenarios he had for the Beasts
    Who knows how much he had already actually planned, but the idea of the 7 Beasts does seem to be something he has had in his mind for years way before FGO was conceived

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Taking an existing thing and saying years later that it's actually a different thing is not planned all along, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Leaving things undecided and vaguely phrased so that you can spin them in any direction whenever you want, on the other hand, can be.
    Didn't say that it was, but nevertheless it fits with the now established lore, whether he intended for that at the time or not.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

I do wonder if that's still canon at this point. It does feel like they've kinda replaced her with Tiamat. Tiamat obviously wasn't supposed to be as major of figure for a start, as implied by how she was datamined to just be a Berserker, not a Beast, and I don't think the concept of the 7 Beasts were around at the time of CCC, just the one Beast from Proto.

I remember hearing how Shimousa got a bunch of edit's made to it shortly after it first came out. The main one I recall was Amakusa mentioning the Fantasy Tree descending in the original version but not in the 'fixed' version we have now. Does anyone have a list of all the edits that were made there?
    I mean it's very much, Tiamat is one of the earlier and a famous example of one. But she's still far from the first one obviously?

Like you can have Tiamat as a super weird AAAAAAA my children! earthmother god who becomes za beasto without having her be the one and only super one, or the first one ever.

Tiamat is originally more of a Sea goddess as Nammu. As Kingu said in Babylonia her true authority is the Sea of Life. She probably acquired Potnia Theron later through human worship. Her being older doesn't contradict someone else being the original Earth Mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Seres View Post
    Tiamat is originally more of a Sea goddess as Nammu. As Kingu said in Babylonia her true authority is the Sea of Life. She probably acquired Potnia Theron later through human worship. Her being older doesn't contradict someone else being the original Earth Mother.
    They could still argue that one progressed into the other like Zeus to Jupiter. So while Tiamat might not be the original name, she might hold the core of the original entity. Though we still have the 'original species' mentioned by Proto Merlin that needs explaining at some point.

I'm supposing no one has anything on the Shimousa edits then?

Is there any sort of script rip or txt or pdf for the Hollow Ataraxia TL such that'd it'd be easier to like, hunt down specific text or primary source or the like?

I'm not sure if there is one floating around in public.

I've just taken to enjoy rereading the scenes. Honestly it's not so bad with F/HA since you have a scene player too.

easy to jump in and screenshot stuff, which coincidentally is something I've been doing over the last month.

Fun things like antibacterial magic by Medea for kitchen chores.

Has genghis Khan ever been mentioned in any of the fate media? I can't remember a single time where he got namedropped.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure he wasn't.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Seemingly no? Which is kinda weird considering how important he was to the course of human history and how many other Heroic Spirit's lives he had at least some impact over. Actually, how many Servants from Asia during and after the Mongol conquests do we even have thus far?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    Has genghis Khan ever been mentioned in any of the fate media? I can't remember a single time where he got namedropped.
    I don't think so. I believe it was mentioned that there's not actually that many Chinese servants, possibly something to do with the Chinese having a dislike of ghosts or anything of a similar nature.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    Probably gonna end up being Altera Alter, Please Enjoy
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.