Page 7511 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 651170117411746175017506750975107511751275137516752175617611 ... LastLast
Results 150,201 to 150,220 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Japan has theory about Yoshitsune = Genghis Khan.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    I want to say it's a terrible theory but with how weak the connecting evidence for Scathach and Skadi were the bar has been set even lower. I really hope they don't go that route though as I can't help but feel it diminishes some of real Benkei's last stand. But then perhaps the reason we haven't gotten real Benkei yet. Regardless, Genghis Khan is one of the few I think they could get away with making a Grand with no build up to, not that they're beholden to doing them that way.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    I don't think so. I believe it was mentioned that there's not actually that many Chinese servants, possibly something to do with the Chinese having a dislike of ghosts or anything of a similar nature.
    He/they isn't/aren't really a Chinese Servant, though. He is a Mongol Servant, and one who was sort of deified after the end of the Mongol era.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Previously, my line in the sand was gender bending Kenshin, but they did it and I'm still here, so I'll be upset if this is the case, but stay anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to say it's a terrible theory but with how weak the connecting evidence for Scathach and Skadi were the bar has been set even lower. I really hope they don't go that route though as I can't help but feel it diminishes some of real Benkei's last stand. But then perhaps the reason we haven't gotten real Benkei yet. Regardless, Genghis Khan is one of the few I think they could get away with making a Grand with no build up to, not that they're beholden to doing them that way.
    Also, it diminishes the very real impact of the Mongol Empire, since Japan was quite tangential to the story of the Mongols as a whole. Giving primacy to their conspiracy theory seems rather disrespectful to actual Mongolians and other Mongolic peoples who still revere him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Haven't all the Grands so far been more on the supernatural side than historical side

Merlin, Orion, Quirinus... King Hassan being some ancient immortal zombie man thing, but I guess he also gets away with being the very origin of the word "Assassin". Like how original Fate had the rule of all Assassins being Hassans

Since we don't have historical Attila, I think Chinggis would be the strongest historical candidate for Grand Rider, given that he was the face of nomadic mounted warfare for centuries, and remains so. That being said, based on the pattern, I'd bet someone like Bellerophon would be chosen instead.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Attila had very little history him, didn't he? Like, the Huns didn't write

US Friend Code
    The only other candidate for Grand Rider I personally can think of besides Genghis Khan is Noah. Or Santa Claus.

JP Friend Code
    Grand Rider Jason with the Argo please
    Or Cyrus the Great
    Last edited by Zork Knight; May 25th, 2021 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Attila had very little history him, didn't he? Like, the Huns didn't write
    True, but the Romans gave him enough of a reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    True, but the Romans gave him enough of a reputation.
    And then add all the medieval sources that just kept adding stuff or making him a recurring cameo character, like Siegfried and Sigurd's stories

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Giving primacy to their conspiracy theory seems rather disrespectful to actual Mongolians and other Mongolic peoples who still revere him.
    The Secret History of the Mongols is a pretty famous and accessible source material. Honestly, if we ever get a Genghis Khan servant and he hasn't been based on/doesn't have material from that source, I'll be dissapointed

My two picks for Grand Rider are Ashoka the Great and Rider Napoleon. It feels odd that we didn't get a proper version of him, almost like they're saving the real one for something.

Blog Entries
    My two picks for Grand Rider are Ashoka the Great and Rider Napoleon. It feels odd that we didn't get a proper version of him, almost like they're saving the real one for something.
    I feel like it's a very Sakurai sort of thing to release a Servant and then claim in the story that of course there's an even more powerful version that could be released some day. Saber Raikou, the whole Shuten Douji -> Ibuki Douji -> Orochi thing, Scathach -> Skadi...
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well so far all the Grands have been from different mythologies too. King Hassan obviously from Iran and the Crusader era, Merlin from ancient Welsh/Briton myth with some good ol' christian white washing thrown in, Orion is old school Greek and Quirinus is one of the few myths Rome didn't rip off from somewhere else to my knowledge, so I'd be expecting the remaining three to all be from different regions/myths, assuming Grand Saber isn't some ludicrous version of Artoria, not that that would surprise me in particular.

Whenever Kintoki got his Heian costume, I honestly thought it was gonna be a new version of him as Grand Berserker since the last two Grands were seemingly making up for how terrible their normal versions were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Real Santa Claus/St. Nick is the only Grand Rider I'll ever accept.

It feels odd that we didn't get a proper version of him, almost like they're saving the real one for something.
    I don't see what's so odd about it. It's just creating an openly idealized version of Napoleon as an easy excuse for not having to acknowledge any of the bad things real Napoleon did. I imagined Sakurai simply researched him, found out about his actions to unfree the freed slaves and went "Welp, I need to find a reason to completely make this a non-factor".

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Well so far all the Grands have been from different mythologies too. King Hassan obviously from Iran and the Crusader era, Merlin from ancient Welsh/Briton myth with some good ol' christian white washing thrown in, Orion is old school Greek and Quirinus is one of the few myths Rome didn't rip off from somewhere else to my knowledge, so I'd be expecting the remaining three to all be from different regions/myths, assuming Grand Saber isn't some ludicrous version of Artoria, not that that would surprise me in particular.

Whenever Kintoki got his Heian costume, I honestly thought it was gonna be a new version of him as Grand Berserker since the last two Grands were seemingly making up for how terrible their normal versions were.
    True but the original Grand Caster was Solomon, not Merlin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I don't really consider Merlin a Grand till he appears in the game as one. He's shown up after his mats were released but didn't have any indication he was a Grand, the most notable being he wasn't level 100 like the other Grands have been. And the mats have been a bit odd in some of the things they say, such as Gray being a Lancer. Sure there's reason why she isn't, but it's something that doesn't align with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I don't see what's so odd about it. It's just creating an openly idealized version of Napoleon as an easy excuse for not having to acknowledge any of the bad things real Napoleon did. I imagined Sakurai simply researched him, found out about his actions to unfree the freed slaves and went "Welp, I need to find a reason to completely make this a non-factor".
    Maybe, but we have at least two references to Rider Napoleon. It feels like they're really trying to prepare us for him. First we know he's shorter than Archer Nap, and his NP is likely Ionioi Hetairoi on steroids, having 10x the numbers and much better weaponry if history is anything to go by. It fits with the theme of how some of the Grands show up in some capacity before appearing as a Grand, rather than showing up with no prelude.

If what you suggest is correct, then it'd be rich coming from Sakurai given how they handle Nero.

The Real Santa Claus/St. Nick is the only Grand Rider I'll ever accept.

To be fair, he's not the first or only one to separate Napoleon Bonaparte the revolutionary from Emperor Napoleon and what came after. Heck, even Beethoven did it to some small extent.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's easier to overlook 2000 year old crimes than less than 200. We tend to judge one's morality harsher the closer it approaches the present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Blog Entries
    I don't know what else you'd be expecting from FGO honestly
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

I don't see what's so odd about it. It's just creating an openly idealized version of Napoleon as an easy excuse for not having to acknowledge any of the bad things real Napoleon did.
    There were a LOT of people that saw Napoleon as a liberator, at the time.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.