Page 7515 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 651570157415746575057510751375147515751675177520752575657615 ... LastLast
Results 150,281 to 150,300 of 157517

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He's said to be a candidate.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Merlin in Babylonia was not Grand servant because he's still alive.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A thought just occurred to me. Would it not be super weird for Daybit's servant to be Chinese since he's in the South American Lostbelt? All the other Crypter servants so far have matched up to their region, haven't they?

Kadoc - Russia - Anastasia
    Ophelia - Scandinavia - Sigurd/Surtr
    Hinako - China - Lanling
    Pepe - India - Ashwatthama
    Kirshtaria - Greek - Caenis & Dioscuri

Be a bit out of left field for him to be the one asshole with a Chinese Grand Berserker (I know, might not be all these things) in the middle of some like Neo-Aztec empire that continued into the 21st century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Merlin in Babylonia was not Grand servant because he's still alive.
    Merlin will always be still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    A thought just occurred to me. Would it not be super weird for Daybit's servant to be Chinese since he's in the South American Lostbelt? All the other Crypter servants so far have matched up to their region, haven't they?

Kadoc - Russia - Anastasia
    Ophelia - Scandinavia - Sigurd/Surtr
    Hinako - China - Lanling
    Pepe - India - Ashwatthama
    Kirshtaria - Greek - Caenis & Dioscuri

Be a bit out of left field for him to be the one asshole with a Chinese Grand Berserker (I know, might not be all these things) in the middle of some like Neo-Aztec empire that continued into the 21st century.
    It's not weird because one of the more likely explanations for how he has a grand is that he didn't just regularly summon it like everyone else did with their servants, but rather he either "hijacked" (as in, the grand was summoned naturally and he either contracted with it on his own or used his genius powers to form a contract with it), or he cheated a grand in like we did in Olympus. Since it's a grand and not his own naturally summoned servant like with the other crypters, there's nothing that says it has to follow the same pattern. Not to mention that it's daybit, so that alone should be alone justification to break the trend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    It's not weird because one of the more likely explanations for how he has a grand is that he didn't just regularly summon it like everyone else did with their servants, but rather he either "hijacked" (as in, the grand was summoned naturally and he either contracted with it on his own or used his genius powers to form a contract with it), or he cheated a grand in like we did in Olympus. Since it's a grand and not his own naturally summoned servant like with the other crypters, there's nothing that says it has to follow the same pattern. Not to mention that it's daybit, so that alone should be alone justification to break the trend.
    I mean isn't there this as well about his Grand?:

Daybit arrives in the Lostbelt of India in the company of a Grand Servant -- though da Vinci observes that the miasma exuded about the Grand's body prevents detailed observation. Recognizing the Authority wielded by Asclepius as that of Yama -- "Or is it Yama-ten (deva)?" -- the Grand gives, "Tell me, what sort of joke is it -- this thinking that one might judge the dead? Death is to be consumed. Life is to be offered up in sacrifice. That one would permit freedom to the dead is a violation of Law that in my World doesn't exist."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Sounds perfectly in-character for Daybit to me.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    He's said to be a candidate.
    Pretty sure they said Gil as a Caster was as well. It's not confirmation he is a Grand now.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Grand Assassin: give me [your] head
    HAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Pretty sure they said Gil as a Caster was as well. It's not confirmation he is a Grand now.
    No, they explicitly didn't say that.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    If the Grand isn’t Daybit’s summoned Servant, it could very well be a Saber or Rider instead—maybe even a Caster.

Was excalibur capable of giving limited immortality?

Iirc a major point in goddess rhongo backstory is she didnt die because bedi didnt return excalibur. That would imply that excalibur was bestowing limited immortality or something but i dont remember that ever being the case. Iirc the only ones who gave saber partial immortality was caliburn and avalon

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, they explicitly didn't say that.

I think what they said was something like "to qualify as a Grand Caster candidate you need to have some high level Clairvoyance" and Gil immediately follows that up by saying that while he has the skill it's no where near that level.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I think what they said was something like "to qualify as a Grand Caster candidate you need to have some high level Clairvoyance" and Gil immediately follows that up by saying that while he has the skill it's no where near that level.
    Preceded by him literally saying "I'm not a grand tho"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    If the Grand isn’t Daybit’s summoned Servant, it could very well be a Saber or Rider instead—maybe even a Caster.
    If we're following what I said I don't think he did summon a regular servant, the grand would be enough.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    Was excalibur capable of giving limited immortality?

Iirc a major point in goddess rhongo backstory is she didnt die because bedi didnt return excalibur. That would imply that excalibur was bestowing limited immortality or something but i dont remember that ever being the case. Iirc the only ones who gave saber partial immortality was caliburn and avalon
    There's a reason they referred to her as the Goddess Rhongomyniad. It's because she was wielding the tower at the ends of the world for however many years that she was elevated.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Preceded by him literally saying "I'm not a grand tho"
    As did Merlin shortly after we first met him. So again I return to the question, what makes you think he's a Grand; just the fact that he can qualify?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    As did Merlin shortly after we first met him. So again I return to the question, what makes you think he's a Grand; just the fact that he can qualify?
    I don't think anyone really said that Merlin was a Grand, just that he can qualify to be one.

US Friend Code
    I'm pretty sure Merlin's mats profile labels his class as Grand Caster instead of just Caster. CasGil on the other hand isn't even a real mage, he's just shooting Mystic Codes from his gate instead of swords.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I'm pretty sure Merlin's mats profile labels his class as Grand Caster instead of just Caster. CasGil on the other hand isn't even a real mage, he's just shooting Mystic Codes from his gate instead of swords.
    Hard to take that part of his mats profile as anything more than just reiterating that he can be one when Merlin himself is already faking being a Servant and never proclaims himself as a Grand when relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The mats also have Gray's class listed as Lancer. Yes they indicate why it isn't, but it still shows that things don't match up to the game. Active Grands are also level 100 as supports but Merlin is only level 85 in Babylonia, and this is when he said he'd come over to the singularity using his real body. KH is only 90 but he'd given up his Grand title at that point. Sure maybe they only allow one Grand per class at a time. But then it would indicate in change in his classes in the Mats, like it does with King Hassan. And anyway it should mean that after we see him in the story after Goetia's defeat he'd be the Grand and level 100 support, but yet he shows up in Christmas three, one of the main interludes which seem to indicate story importance, and is canonically set after Goetia's defeat, and yet Merlin's only level 80, even further from being a Grand than before. And again this is implied to be his 'true' body.

The stuff in summer is a little hard to claim as canon when the requirements to participate aren't very high, and summer never seemed to be connected to the main story so I doubt it is.

If we're following what I said I don't think he did summon a regular servant, the grand would be enough.
    I think he's saying that if Daybit's Grand servant isn't the first one that he summoned, said to be a Berserker, and instead made a contract with him after that, then it could be the Grand Rider, Grand Saber, Grand Berserker or maybe even Grand Caster.
    Last edited by Arete; May 30th, 2021 at 11:06 PM.