Page 7517 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 651770177417746775077512751575167517751875197522752775677617 ... LastLast
Results 150,321 to 150,340 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    That's her original, living self during Heian era, serving as courtesan for Emperor Toba. EXTRA also delved a little on that as one of her Matrix conversations.
    I'm confused, wasn't Emperor Toba about one hundred years later? Correct me if I'm wrong but LB5.5 takes place in 1008 AD while Toba wasn't even born until 1103 AD, 95 years later. Is there some sort of weird time period merging thing going on here like we got with Okeanus? Or did they just change up Tamamo and Toba's timelines? And didn't that chapter take place in the capital of the time anyway? So shouldn't she be nearby? Do they give a reason why she doesn't involve herself in the story?

Sorry for several questions at once. I'm not trying to be a bother, just a little confused at it all, and the translation I saw was very vague about it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I'm pretty confident that "crown position" is just another way of saying Grand Servant/Class, others can feel free to check again (like castor asks).
    Yes. Crowned mage = Grand Caster, crowned bowman = Grand Archer, etc.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    I'm confused, wasn't Emperor Toba about one hundred years later? Correct me if I'm wrong but LB5.5 takes place in 1008 AD while Toba wasn't even born until 1103 AD, 95 years later. Is there some sort of weird time period merging thing going on here like we got with Okeanus? Or did they just change up Tamamo and Toba's timelines? And didn't that chapter take place in the capital of the time anyway? So shouldn't she be nearby? Do they give a reason why she doesn't involve herself in the story?

Sorry for several questions at once. I'm not trying to be a bother, just a little confused at it all, and the translation I saw was very vague about it.
    It's okay, It also encourages me to research some plot points and fact-check them. In the LB 5.5 proper, she went by the name 尊子 (Takako?) and claimed to be a courtesan serving the then-Emperor. From wiki (yes, not the most reliable source, though there're references) she served Emperor Toba during 794-1185. The time gap isn't far-fetched when you take her inhuman nature into account. It's possible she was serving other Emperors during that gap, and was only made famous when her true nature was found out by Seimei, who was similarly long-living, at the end of Heian era.

It's okay, It also encourages me to research some plot points and fact-check them. In the LB 5.5 proper, she went by the name 尊子 (Takako?) and claimed to be a courtesan serving the then-Emperor. From wiki (yes, not the most reliable source, though there're references) she served Emperor Toba during 794-1185. The time gap isn't far-fetched when you take her inhuman nature into account. It's possible she was serving other Emperors during that gap, and was only made famous when her true nature was found out by Seimei, who was similarly long-living, at the end of Heian era.
    Gotcha, that makes more sense, though does raise the mystery around her and Seimei a bit more. That does make her feel a bit more like she deserves her status as a great yokai rather than just bothering the one emperor once. Doesn't that chapter take place at the capital so shouldn't she be nearby?

And what was the purpose of the sword regalia in the chapter? I know Douman ditches the idea of using Ibuki but from the visuals it seemed he still needed the sword for something.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Gotcha, that makes more sense, though does raise the mystery around her and Seimei a bit more. That does make her feel a bit more like she deserves her status as a great yokai rather than just bothering the one emperor once. Doesn't that chapter take place at the capital so shouldn't she be nearby?

And what was the purpose of the sword regalia in the chapter? I know Douman ditches the idea of using Ibuki but from the visuals it seemed he still needed the sword for something.
    Tamamo was there, in the palace. She was trying to keep a low profile as to not be noticed by the Onmyoujis, especially Seimei. She even told Guda to keep her nature a secret, since she's not who they were after.

By sword regalia, you mean Ibuki's sword, Kusanagi? That wasn't Douman's doing, but Ibuki separated Kusanagi from the Fantasy Tree so that Kintoki's robot could use it to cut down the tree along with Douman.

Tamamo was there, in the palace. She was trying to keep a low profile as to not be noticed by the Onmyoujis, especially Seimei. She even told Guda to keep her nature a secret, since she's not who they were after.

By sword regalia, you mean Ibuki's sword, Kusanagi? That wasn't Douman's doing, but Ibuki separated Kusanagi from the Fantasy Tree so that Kintoki's robot could use it to cut down the tree along with Douman.
    Right thank you. It kinda shows that Seimei might not be as powerful as first thought if Tamamo escapes his notice for over a hundred years. Unless he wasn't concerned about her cause she (presumably) wasn't doing anything bad while she was hidden.

I suppose the question then becomes, why was the sword in the tree in the first place? Was Douman using it as a battery?

I suppose the question then becomes, why was the sword in the tree in the first place? Was Douman using it as a battery?
    Douman had the tree absorb Ibuki, but she resisted being consume 'cause she's a Divine Spirit. So she lend the sword (that's her NP) to Kintoki and co. Douman wasn't using the sword but Ibuki herself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

She recreates the legend of when Yamata Orochi lost, the sword is released and bestowed upon someone.
    The point of the sword is that it's yet another thing that Douman overlooked.

Something something at high levels a battle of magecraft becomes about which rules have less holes.
    He didn't anticipate that if he was to use Ibuki as fuel for the tree, the legend meant her sword became available.
    Last edited by You; June 1st, 2021 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

It’s not as cool a info dump when you don’t have Rin and Bazett staring at each other or Caren in a church tho.

tbh it felt like Ibuki barely actually existed and she was there just for selling a new 5* servant and to give Kinmech a sentai power up to win the day with.

but I feel liketotally not a normal filler event/arc it’s a main chapter guys 5.5 was largely pointless and didn’t do much either in general.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It offed Douman
    A recurrying villain from Shimouse and the Lostbelts

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    As Zork said, it killed off Douman in glorious fashion. Go to hell, ya bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

There was no reason to waste an entire chapter on trash like Douman. He should have died to Pepe in 5. They just wanted to stall LB6 which is the real start of the second half of part 2 according to Maaya interview.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Gyakkou is the main theme song for the second part of the film, but Nasu wanted a song that would represent a bit of a change of scenery. "He wanted to make the audience look forward to what happens next and to kick off the second half of part 2 with a bang with Chapter 6"

So that's the role of "Yakudou"...! "So the idea was to draw a theme song to match Chapter 6, so when you finish chapter 6 I think you will know clearly who the main character of Yokudou is."

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Pepe still has the chance to off Beryl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Douman had the tree absorb Ibuki, but she resisted being consume 'cause she's a Divine Spirit. So she lend the sword (that's her NP) to Kintoki and co. Douman wasn't using the sword but Ibuki herself
    Right, I was a little mistaken then. It seemed like the sword was coming out from the tree. There seems to be fewer translations of this chapter than for others. Is that just cause it's not a main one, or does it have to do with the complexity of all the Japanese terms?

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Pepe still has the chance to off Beryl.
    I've been thinking about that. I kinda expect he won't in the end, but Beryl will still die anyway. I suppose we'll find out soon enough. Beryl's chances of making out of this Lostbelt though seem worse that us restoring humanity.
    Last edited by Arete; June 2nd, 2021 at 07:26 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Right, I was a little mistaken then. It seemed like the sword was coming out from the tree. There seems to be fewer translations of this chapter than for others. Is that just cause it's not a main one, or does it have to do with the complexity of all the Japanese terms?

I've been thinking about that. I kinda expect he won't in the end, but Beryl will still die anyway. I suppose we'll find out soon enough. Beryl's chances of making out of this Lostbelt though seem worse that us restoring humanity.
    That's because some translators weren't interested in translating a lot beyond summaries. That said, you can find what you want with some smart searching.

Wait till Beryl helps us restore humanity.

Is that just cause it's not a main one, or does it have to do with the complexity of all the Japanese terms?
    It's because it's shit. See my post in the FGO story thread for more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    It's because it's shit. See my post in the FGO story thread for more information.
    Ah right, yes I had that open in another tab to read later but hadn't gotten around to it. Does fit with how I was feeling playing it, how most of the bosses were a one and done sort of deal. Pity about Tsuna and Medea, they seemed like a good matchup. I might not like either gameplay wise, but character wise they're interesting. The whole thing with Kintoki's mech felt way too contrived all up. Not to mention, we'd just had a giant mech support in the previous chapter. Wasn't very original at that point.

I appreciate the review. It's often helpful preparing for the chapters when they come out in English (didn't help with Septem but did with Agartha). I can at least appreciate Kintoki's costume, but they really should've given him that for a start.

One more question I have is why did Douman choose Ibuki to be the host originally? I mean beyond giving them another servant to push out.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Probably because Ibuki is Orochi and Orochi is a great calamity dragon thing so close enough to a Beast?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Coincidentally, I just got the Tamamo scene in my personal playthrough of Heian. I think the scene can be broken down into three parts.

First, she passes by the party inside the imperial palace, and Murasaki introduces her as Takako, Emperor Ichijou's nyogo. This shows that the fox youkai had been doing some more identity-hopping in the 22 centuries between Daji and Tamamo no Mae.

Second, she greets Kintoki, saying this is the first time they meet "in this form". Kintoki doesn't understand, and comments that he was too young to tell a fox apart from a tanuki when then met in Sagami. I'm not sure what was the relevance of this part. It's either to say Tamamo spends time as a fox between her human identities, or maybe to show how much more trusting she used to be during the Heian era, because I can't imagine Caster dropping such open hints about her secrets.

Third, she greets Fujimaru and notices her illusion doesn't work on them. Takako is confused at first, thinking that Fujimaru'd need to be on Seimei's level to notice her fox ears. Wondering what's going on there, Takako figures that she and Fujimaru have a past connection. They agree to keep the secret and Tamamo leaves. This one is probably foreshadowing for Koyanskaya's endgame. Olympus reveals that her contract is Koyanskaya vowing not eliminate Olga and Olga vowing not understand Koyanskaya. She's clearly hiding some big, since she chose not be understood as her terms to the contract, and her stated archenemy is Holmes, the guy who exposes secrets as naturally as he breathes. Now that this interaction set precedent for Fujimaru's bond with Tamamo causing them to she through Tamamo's deception, I simply can't see this not happening again whenever Koyanskaya is ultimately dealt with.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Second, she greets Kintoki, saying this is the first time they meet "in this form". Kintoki doesn't understand, and comments that he was too young to tell a fox apart from a tanuki when then met in Sagami. I'm not sure what was the relevance of this part. It's either to say Tamamo spends time as a fox between her human identities, or maybe to show how much more trusting she used to be during the Heian era, because I can't imagine Caster dropping such open hints about her secrets.
    I'd say it's more likely that since Tanuki to my understanding aren't typically seen as malicious while Kitsune can be that Kintoki's probably saying he didn't recognise her as a threat back then. Though saying you can't imagine Caster dropping such open hints seems really weird since in her very first appearance she's notable for straight blurting out her true name like it was nothing while you have to wrench Nero and Nameless' stories out like you're trying to pull Caliburn from between Agravain's stony buttcheeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0