Page 7536 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 653670367436748675267531753475357536753775387541754675867636 ... LastLast
Results 150,701 to 150,720 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd spoiler tag the HF part because the person asking the question said he's still finishing the Fate route now.

EDIT: Now this look silly with the other post deleted.
    Last edited by Comun; August 3rd, 2021 at 01:50 PM.

This is the Fate route. I have not reached Heaven's Feel.

Quote Originally Posted by King Fox View Post
    Hey, all. I'm playing the Fate VN for the first and I have a question I hope someone can answer. When Shirou and Kirei fight at the end of the Fate route, Shirou's reason for not bringing out Caliburn is that he needs one minute to project it, and Kirei wasn't giving him enough time. But he didn't seem to have that limitation when he projected Caliburn to defend against Berserker's attack while he was mid-swing. Is there a reason for that? I feel like I might've skimmed over an explanation somewhere for why he had the one-minute limitation in that fight but seemingly nowhere else, but I'm not finding anything.
    Maybe It has to do with saber (the original owner of the sword and all of that) sticking with shirou in that fight? I don't remember that well but sounds acceptable as a factor.

Blog Entries
    I think it just depends on how you want to look at it. You could try to argue that Shirou had been concentrating prior to projecting Caliburn during the berserker fight, or you could argue (like the other guy did) that Shirou was talking about his specific circumstances during the fight against Kirei despite how general the text makes it seem. You could also maybe argue that Shirou's just thinking out of his ass. If I had to guess I'd say the second option is the most likely, but I'm sure it could be refuted. Other people would be able to give a more definitive answer than that, but those are my two cents.
    I LIKE GIRLS

Do the fairy clans in LB6 have any bearing on PHH fairy lore or are they pure invention

US Friend Code
    I'm pretty sure they're Lostbelt only, because I believe they were formed long after the Lostbelt's divergence point

Quote Originally Posted by King Fox View Post
    Hey, all. I'm playing the Fate VN for the first and I have a question I hope someone can answer. When Shirou and Kirei fight at the end of the Fate route, Shirou's reason for not bringing out Caliburn is that he needs one minute to project it, and Kirei wasn't giving him enough time. But he didn't seem to have that limitation when he projected Caliburn to defend against Berserker's attack while he was mid-swing. Is there a reason for that? I feel like I might've skimmed over an explanation somewhere for why he had the one-minute limitation in that fight but seemingly nowhere else, but I'm not finding anything.
    Shirou's Projection is not regular Projection in the sense that he is not loading an object from memory or a blue print, but from Unlimited Blade Works.
    In the Berserker scene you can see he actually spent a long time retrieving the image, and tried multiple times before getting it right.
    The Fate Shirou is also the worst magus amongst all 3 versions of Shirou.

You will see in the later routes that the other versions of Shirou do not have this limitation. In fact the other versions of Shirou actually transcended a lot of supposed limitations of Projection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolque View Post
    Maybe It has to do with saber (the original owner of the sword and all of that) sticking with shirou in that fight? I don't remember that well but sounds acceptable as a factor.
    This may be part of it too, because the image of Caliburn came from Sabre's memory. The actual Noble Phantasm no longer exists.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    Shirou's Projection is not regular Projection in the sense that he is not loading an object from memory or a blue print, but from Unlimited Blade Works.
    In the Berserker scene you can see he actually spent a long time retrieving the image, and tried multiple times before getting it right.

You will see in the later routes that the other versions of Shirou do not have this limitation. In fact the other versions of Shirou actually transcended a lot of supposed limitations of Projection.

- - - Updated - - -

This may be part of it too, because the image of Caliburn came from Sabre's memory. The actual Noble Phantasm no longer exists.
    Theat reminds me on the Question i had that where are the counless Noblephantasm of the Heros and other Legendary beings actually as they must have some where abouts or atleast their remnants and have they still the abbillities they had during the live of the Hero or the Summoned servant has acces to it i kno some are still keeped at museum or archives like William Wallace sword example wise ?

and is true ether really not contained withhin the Air and World are would hypothetically it be able to be sealed with bounded fields created during the Age of Gods ?

and if modern Mages come into contact with it how would they bodies react ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Theat reminds me on the Question i had that where are the counless Noblephantasm of the Heros and other Legendary beings actually as they must have some where abouts or atleast their remnants and have they still the abbillities they had during the live of the Hero or the Summoned servant has acces to it i kno some are still keeped at museum or archives like William Wallace sword example wise ?
    If you have the genuine article of the said Noble Phantasm, then yes, they would work as before. Noble Phantasms are concepts. Their powers may fluctuate depending on how mankind perceive the legends, but they are never truly gone (unless mankind go extinct).

and is true ether really not contained withhin the Air and World are would hypothetically it be able to be sealed with bounded fields created during the Age of Gods ?

and if modern Mages come into contact with it how would they bodies react ?
    Not sure exactly what you are trying to say here.
    Things get locked in Reality Marble, boundary field, and Marble Phantasm all the time. Nothing special happens.
    As long as the person maintaining it is powerful enough, anything inside will stand.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Do the fairy clans in LB6 have any bearing on PHH fairy lore or are they pure invention
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're Lostbelt only, because I believe they were formed long after the Lostbelt's divergence point
    lol how greatly things change in a single day
    Last edited by You; August 5th, 2021 at 02:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This makes sense. Thank you.

US Friend Code
    So is Albion the same as Vortigern's white dragon or not?

I wanna know more bout this pureblood dragon thing more than anything, since im not a fan of shitting on literally every dragon elsewhere.

It's the same thing as every other fantasy setting where you have actual real DRAGON dragons at the very top and below them you have offshoots that might as well be dragons (like drakes, wyverns, flying serpents etc) but per definition it's not the real thing. This isn't something TM-specific at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    It's the same thing as every other fantasy setting where you have actual real DRAGON dragons at the very top and below them you have offshoots that might as well be dragons (like drakes, wyverns, flying serpents etc) but per definition it's not the real thing. This isn't something TM-specific at all.
    Does that mean i have to like it? at least usually at worse those settings are using the names and nothing else like FF

On another hand im looking for stuff on mystery and how it made whats his face stronger and how it can make things take longer to die ect
    Last edited by Byegod; August 8th, 2021 at 08:10 AM.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    There's some company that does occult and mythological research for Nasu, but I can't recall the name. Anyone here can help?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Barrel something
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    The only thing I can recall is Team Barrel Roll who helped Narita with FSF research

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    TM's research is done mainly by Kiyomune Miwa and Ryou Morise (Miwa doing Servant research since FsN and Morise joining for FGO, I think). As far as I can tell, Team Barrel Roll is just Kiyomune Miwa and Ukyou Kodachi.

Kodachi contributed to TM by helping Riyo writing his FGO mini-event, writing some parts of Extella LINK, scripting some episodes for anime adaptations (3, 6, 8, 9, 14, and 18 of Apocrypha, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 11 of Babylonia, and the first Camelot movie), and commanding the writer team for the Rail Zeppelin anime while also scripting all of its episodes except 2, 6, and 13, but I don't think he's also does the research part.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I was in the middle of watching Neobenedict's translation vids of Avalon le Fae, and something Boggart told Mash made me curious. He said the fairies from the North washed up from the Isle of Shadows before the Summer War. Does that mean the King Clan washed into the Lostbelt from Panhuman History, or does it mean something else entirely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself