Page 7552 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 655270527452750275427547755075517552755375547557756276027652 ... LastLast
Results 151,021 to 151,040 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Do we know who wrote the HA sex scenes?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    Do we know who wrote the HA sex scenes?
    VNDB lists it as Aramoto Kei (阿羅本景).

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    So, over time humanity has been moving onto using Human Supremacist Magecraft as they increasingly depend on patterns established by humanity exclusively?

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I mean does HSDW B cast slower than HSDW A tho?

All you need is a word after all.
    World-altering Grand Rituals are not the same length. Compare UBW and Blue, for example.

Like, maybe A rank 1 word = 10 lines, B rank 1 word = 7 lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    So, over time humanity has been moving onto using Human Supremacist Magecraft as they increasingly depend on patterns established by humanity exclusively?
    More like humans were being rejected by nature as well as Gods, and also began to degrade as a species.

Then human just went full Bender, and be like "I am going to build my own Mystery with blackjack and hookers".
    And thus modern magecraft was born.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    Now we just need to know what magecraft's equivalent to mumble rapping is.
    Probably what Cornelius Alba was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    World-altering Grand Rituals are not the same length. Compare UBW and Blue, for example.

Like, maybe A rank 1 word = 10 lines, B rank 1 word = 7 lines.

- - - Updated - - -

More like humans were being rejected by nature as well as Gods, and also began to degrade as a species.

Then human just went full Bender, and be like "I am going to build my own Mystery with blackjack and hookers".
    And thus modern magecraft was born.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably what Cornelius Alba was doing.
    TBH we'd need a reason to believe that Circe casts slower than Medea.

Is this a special talent of Medea? is Circe just really good in all facets except for this? Because if it is so, it's kind of a heavy nerf. I don't think Circe needs say double the time of Medea to cast a instant contract or A rank spell for example.

Is it a matter of the contract with your god? Does Circe have B rank because she doesn't need to rely on Hecate authority as much as Medea?

I mean we have no information whatsoever and nothing really points to Circe having any lacking abilities or having anything lesser than Medea. The only thing that feels different at all is just gameplay.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Flat
    I thought he's more like free jazz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

What character material is this? Also can i check it out somwhere?

Character Material:

Ado Edem

Introduction: Knight Arm Slash Emperor
    The Knight Arm that Ado Edem possesses. The sword that consumes planets.
    It is a simple Knight Arm that is able to grow according to the size of its opponent.
    The seed that Edem holds in his hand sprouts and grows at the speed of his thoughts.

However, with regards to this sword’s use of True Ether (Grain), it requires huge quantities to manifest itself, and needs an enormous convertible energy source.
    As the sword grows larger, it chips away at the earth to do so. This method of gaining energy by eroding the earth is similar to that of the old world. Edem’s Knight Arm can be called the embodiment of human nature, as it destroys the world in order to protect humans.
    Before it takes form, the Knight Arm stays in a seed-like state, and when Edem awakens it by driving it into the earth, it grows like a plant.
    Pictured is its usual battle state. The blue aura-like part is not the Grain released by the blade, but the sky split open by the blade. Splitting apart the “red sky” of the wasteland world and displaying its true state is the dignity of Slash Emperor.

- - - Updated - - -

Also is true ether really the same as grain?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    From what I've been told here, Grain isn't True Ether but rather a product of the dead Earth in Notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    From what I've been told here, Grain isn't True Ether but rather a product of the dead Earth in Notes.
    Weren't the types mentioned to be made of them? So isnt it unlikely to just be an earth product?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    IIRC Grain is what the earth releases one it's dead, is what poisons humanity to the point that humanity changed itself into the Liners and A-Rays to adapt, and makes GG need all those expensive drugs just to survive.

Another "I'll take you down with me" tactic from the planet that didn't work as well as intended.

Now that ufotable is done with F/SN, I really want them to do Notes as the next Nasu project. That is unless they decide to do a proper Fate route. Or Hollow. Or Tsuki:Re. Or Melty. Or DDD.
    Last edited by Mattias; September 19th, 2021 at 04:09 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Lol, I just went on a deep dive and my only conclusion is that Land of Steel ideas have been retconned and abandoned.

If you go to Angel Notes and the OG Character Material book, you will see definitive evidence that Nasu's original idea was that:
    Grain = True Ether = Fifth Imaginary Element

There's really no disputing, because Grain was literally the ruby text for True Ether. And Black Barrel, the slayer of Grain, is made of Fifth True Theoretical Element which antagonizes the Fifth Imaginary Element (i.e. Grain).

I think all of the above have been abandoned.

Between Mahoyo and FGO, we know:
    Ether = Fifth Imaginary Element, used to replace the now lost Fifth True Theoretical Element

True Ether = Fifth True Theoretical Element

Soooo, ya, the terms have been shuffled and the meanings kind of changed.

Incidentally, the original Angel Notes described Grain as a particle that cannot be precisely measured. I think the intention is for it to be space dust as the story described (or I guess something like photons?), rather than actual mana.
    Last edited by Araya's Dry Cleaner; September 19th, 2021 at 04:18 AM.

Anyways, TLDR:

Ye Ol' Definition
    Grain = True Ether = Fifth Imaginary Element = ?Regular Ether
    Fifth True Theoretical Element = Black Barrel

New Definition
    True Ether = Fifth True Theoretical Element = ? Grain
    Regular Ether = Fifth Imaginary Element

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    Anyways, TLDR:

Ye Ol' Definition
    Grain = True Ether = Fifth Imaginary Element = ?Regular Ether
    Fifth True Theoretical Element = Black Barrel

New Definition
    True Ether = Fifth True Theoretical Element = ? Grain
    Regular Ether = Fifth Imaginary Element
    There have been thoughts about this on the Japanese side of the fandom as well.

死徒関連の設定更新と並んで
    架空元素についての部分も何か変化があるかもしれません

架空属性については魔術寄りの項目なので
    事件簿での詳細な設定公開を希望しますが
    エーテルについてはどうでしょう

エーテル周辺の設定は下手に変わってしまうと
    まほよやプリヤ、EXTRAに影響が出るから滅多な事はないと思うが

鋼の大地が大きく絡む部分だから何とも言えないな
    せめて封印区アトラシアの設定がメルブラでも登場すれば・・・

So basically as it stands now its something like this?

Mana=ether= fifth imaginary element

True ether=fifth true theoretical element

Grain=as of now is an unknown element?

Then if we apply the new logic to the modern setting Black barrel ,which uses True ether as ammo, is now capable of killing Types which are also made of True ether wherein previously it was more of a sleeping pill. Unless there's a difference between BB replica(uses TE) and True BB(uses grain)

The headscratcher is that as it stands, true ether counters itself. Another question would be what's causing fake ether to be produced in the first place.

>>
    what we thought
    fifth imaginary element=association's ether, an elemental classification of magical energy in their systems of magecraft
    true ether=the good stuff that was in the air back in the AoG=gin/grain, the material of the stars
    fifth theoretical element=anti-grain/gin, anti-ether?

cm3 said that
    fifth element=association ether, an elemental classification of magical energy in their systems of magecraft= gin/grain, the material of the stars; and also logically = mana, ambient magical energy, the breath of the planet
    fifth true theoretical element=anti-everything listed above

zeroth problem: if fifth element=gin/grain then wtf is true ether?

and then we're told
    fifth element=association's ether = FAKE, an artifical replacement to true ether
    true ether=FIFTH THEORETICAL ELEMENT (anti grain/gin; anti-ether????) = material of the stars/spacedust(????gin/grain????)

which is just, what??

first problem: if true ether is anti-gin/grain then is gin/grain not true ether, the material of stars and breath of the planet in the AoG? is gin/grain=fake ether? or is true ether both anti-fake ether AND anti-gin/grain (but why?). if true ether=gin/grain=spacedust=true theoretical element, then true ether literally counters itself?

second problem: black barrel is made of a material that counters all gin/grain (land of steel ether), including that of aristoteles (logically spacedust/material of the stars, wtf would they have to do with any artificially created element). if gin/grain=spacedust/land of steel ether and true ether is anti-gin/grain then spacedust/material of the stars isn't true ether. wtf is the planet made of, and why did it spew out true ether in the AoG if true ether counters the very same material that composes it?

third problem: if fake ether is all that is around in the air in the modern era, then mana, the breath of the planet = fake ether. how is that possible? how is the planet producing an artificial replacement to true ether? is ambient magical energy something different from ether?

fourth problem: if true ether is the material of the stars, then the land of steel is filled with beings that live and breathe in it. black barrel being made of the same material and destroying the same material is nonsensical. does cm3's assertion that the association's ether=the material of the stars still stand ie. is gin/grain=(fake) ether? as with the third problem, how can the planet's composition match that of an artificial element?

So basically as it stands now its something like this?

Mana=ether= fifth imaginary element

True ether=fifth true theoretical element

Grain=as of now is an unknown element?

Then if we apply the new logic to the modern setting Black barrel ,which uses True ether as ammo, is now capable of killing Types which are also made of True ether wherein previously it was more of a sleeping pill. Unless there's a difference between BB replica(uses TE) and True BB(uses grain)
    Ya, something like that. Basically just ignore all the terms in Angel Notes/Land of Steel, because everything has been retconned upside down. I do not think it is possible to reconcile Angel Notes/Land of Steel terms with the more recent stuff.

There's still a possibility that Grain may be retconned to True Ether in the new works though.
    True Ether as it stands now is still the constituent of celestial bodies, and is still toxic to humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    The headscratcher is that as it stands, true ether counters itself.
    Ya, with the new information, the elegant "UNO reverse card" aspect of Black Barrel is gone. I don't know, maybe the new idea is that "you need the real stuff to counter the real stuff"?
    Another question would be what's causing fake ether to be produced in the first place.
    I subscribed to "It probably has something to do with the First".

The First supposedly changed everything. The user of the First was born when True Ether was depleted. Fake Ether based magecraft was founded when the user of the First would be around 20 years old. It sounded like a Mahoyo type scenario, e.g. young man/girl discovering Magic.

I guess that's one way to nerf TYPES now lol.

Didnt solomon started fake ether based magecraft or was that just magic circuits based?
    Last edited by Reverse_side98; September 19th, 2021 at 05:30 AM.

Remember this little gem about the First and ether:

Ether lump (Others)

Ether, the Fifth Imaginary Substance as coined by the Association. It is a necessary medium that gives shape by mixing with the Four Elements.

It is shapeless, but it is a critical element in the functioning of magecraft.

Ether is bound to become one of Earth, Water, Fire and Wind, but in the hands of a novice, it would fail to become one of the Four Elements and materialize. This is ether lump.

Ether lump is completely useless. In some sense, creating ether lump is analogous to creating "Nothingness". Looking at it from this perspective makes it sound like "True Magic" In fact, ether lump is originally the First Magic's ----------
    - - - Updated - - -

I guess that's one way to nerf TYPES now lol.

Didnt solomon started fake ether based magecraft or was that just magic circuits based?
    Solomon was still balling True Ether magecraft.
    His death marked the thinning of True Ether. True Ether disappeared around 0 AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    TBH we'd need a reason to believe that Circe casts slower than Medea.

Is this a special talent of Medea?
    }

I'm 99% sure its explained by circe in salem. When we watch the story of Circe and Medea meeting to train originally, circe quotes. "But it's clear now that your talent for spellweaving is one of a kind".
    So yea it just seems she has a special talent for weaving spells together. This is really the only thing that makes sense as to why her Divine words is ranked higher. But I guess its speculation until we're straight up told sometime in the future... or never. also good to recall Nitocris also has her Divine words at B.

(Also as an extra funfact that's not related to our convo. Pasiphae is also brought up during this and Circe quotes that she had the most talent for magic of all their siblings, but she was lazy and never put effort into anything, so it didn't really go anywhere. I wonder if we'll see her at some point in the future.)
    Last edited by Duvie; September 19th, 2021 at 09:33 AM.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    If this has already been answered somewhere, then feel free to point me there instead, but are we ever given an actual reason for why Olga-Marie is incapable of becoming a Master? From what I remember her ability as a magus are top notch, even if her circuits are kinda weird, and I don't remember any reason from other series that would prevent someone from summoning a Servant or at least forming a contract with one that has already been summoned.

Is the reason literally just an author fiat of, "lol, she just can't. Trust me!"?