Page 7558 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 655870587458750875487553755675577558755975607563756876087658 ... LastLast
Results 151,141 to 151,160 of 157522

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    So it's proximity and not quality/strength of the pull of the vessel that determines who gets the soul? Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    Is there a reasoning behind the title "Melty Blood"?

It's part of the engrish in the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    When you have 2 lesser grails the closer one absorbs the soul.
    Therefore likely, it would depend on the pull of Gray's body as a container at that moment vs the pull of the lesser grail at that moment.
    In short, this would be a potential plot point the hypothetical author would use to drive the narrative in the direction they want.
    But isn't Saber's soul only on loan to the grail in the first place, with her not being all the way dead? Her soul still needs to go back to Bevidere to die properly, so wouldn't it being hijacked by either Grey or the Grail fuck up the timeline?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    But isn't Saber's soul only on loan to the grail in the first place, with her not being all the way dead? Her soul still needs to go back to Bevidere to die properly, so wouldn't it being hijacked by either Grey or the Grail fuck up the timeline?
    In theory if Saber ended up accidentally hijacking Gray's body there wouldn't be a paradox since she'd just be stuck chilling in the modern day until she either died of old age, was exercised, or willingly gave up control of the body, then she would get pulled back in time to die properly or maybe get sent out to another HGW until she either won or gives up on retconning her reign. Granted the later two options of getting her out of Gray's body would likely depend on whether Gray's soul gets overridden or just pushed out of the driver's seat so to say while Saber's in control.

Though Artoria getting stuck in Gray's meat suit might have interesting implications for the rest of the 5th HGW. She wouldn't be a Servant anymore and was technically defeated, so she might be out of the running and even if she wasn't I don't think she'd still be able to interact with the Grail like a normal Servant would need to in order to claim the Grail from my vague recollections of Rin's lore dumps in F/SN. Tho Kerei's enough of a shitter to see this situation and give her a ommand Seal along with Gil or Cu because this shit's the best entertainment he's had in years.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    When you have 2 lesser grails the closer one absorbs the soul.
    Therefore likely, it would depend on the pull of Gray's body as a container at that moment vs the pull of the lesser grail at that moment.
    In short, this would be a potential plot point the hypothetical author would use to drive the narrative in the direction they want.
    Sanda taking notes as we speak

It's likely he has long ago taken notes about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    In theory if Saber ended up accidentally hijacking Gray's body there wouldn't be a paradox since she'd just be stuck chilling in the modern day until she either died of old age, was exercised, or willingly gave up control of the body, then she would get pulled back in time to die properly or maybe get sent out to another HGW until she either won or gives up on retconning her reign. Granted the later two options of getting her out of Gray's body would likely depend on whether Gray's soul gets overridden or just pushed out of the driver's seat so to say while Saber's in control.

Though Artoria getting stuck in Gray's meat suit might have interesting implications for the rest of the 5th HGW. She wouldn't be a Servant anymore and was technically defeated, so she might be out of the running and even if she wasn't I don't think she'd still be able to interact with the Grail like a normal Servant would need to in order to claim the Grail from my vague recollections of Rin's lore dumps in F/SN. Tho Kerei's enough of a shitter to see this situation and give her a ommand Seal along with Gil or Cu because this shit's the best entertainment he's had in years.
    Kirei would find Gray's whole situation and her village's hopes absolutely hilarious, especially if he learns how Magdalena tried to protect Gray by acting like a super believer.

- - - Updated - - -

However, if what Gilgamesh said mostly holds true, then she'd actually be able to wish on it for something other than incarnation.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post

Iirc in F zero the grail gives itself to Kiritsugu on its own so the part about needing you servant to get you the grail cuz the grail is a ghost is probably just bull to stop 8th participants from highjacking the reward without any of the effort.

That is not indicative of how the Greater Grail is supposed to work, and in any case, by the time Kiritsugu and AM even spoke, the Lesser Grail was literally overflowing, meaning the ritual was very nearly complete.

US Friend Code
    Is the Clock Tower Director being a several-thousand years old disciple of Solomon common knowledge?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Goredolf apparently knows. When Chaldea reaches the Wandering Sea and Holmes suggests opening the stone gate to ask the AoG mages for help, Goredolf chickens out saying that it's like there are multiples of the principal behind the door.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    That doesn't really mean he knows what the principal did, just that he recognizes the same "aura" or whatever.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Goredorf is fairly prominent in the Clocktower, right? Maybe only those above a certain rank are privy to the Director's true nature, kind of like the whole Yumina thing?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Is he even a Lord? I seem to remember he isn't.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    He's not a Lord but he's part of the same pseudo-police force as Adashino so he probably has at least some political pull. And he had enough money to buy Chaldea.

Wait, he's a Policies man? He could not he more different from Adashino...

US Friend Code
    He arrested the villain of the week in one of the Case Files anime's early episodes, and in the latest Strange Fake volume he and Adashino cooperated to put Waver under house arrest.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Case Files mats notes that Adashino bullies him.
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

The part about roa knowing AOG magecraft. Was that just fanon? Also was it ever said where he learned it or if hes actually capable of using it?
    Last edited by Reverse_side98; September 27th, 2021 at 09:28 AM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    The part about roa knowing AOG magecraft. Was that just fanon? Also was it ever said where he learned it or if hes actually capable of using it?
    AFAIK, that refers specifically to Roa teaching Nrvnqsr Soil of Genesis, which at some point was said to be an AoG thing

regrettably I can't find the source for SoG being an AoG spell
    don't quote me on this

I heard in the spoiler thread that the Tsukihime-Fate world divergence was basically the defeat of Crimson Moon by Zelretch. My question is was it just that battle, and everything else remained the same up to it, or were there several events leading up to it that happened subtly differently to lead to a different outcome, at least that we know of?