Page 7561 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 656170617461751175517556755975607561756275637566757176117661 ... LastLast
Results 151,201 to 151,220 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Is that the actual myth or is that the adaption they made up for fate
    The first time to cheer up Roland is real, the continuing to do it is only Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    ^ What will really blow your mind is if Nasu sticks with Percival being Pellinore's illegitimate son then that would make him Galahad's uncle by way of being cousins to Galahad's mother.

Its all just 1 big disfunctional family

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    You don't put seamen into a dude
    Oh, hello, sailor!
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The first time to cheer up Roland is real, the continuing to do it is only Fate.
    Is it something outside Orlando Furioso? Because at least in Furioso there is nothing like that as far as I remember - Astolfo with friends subdued Roland by force to heal him from madness.

US Friend Code
    I thought I heard it was, but I'm having trouble finding a source because googling "Astolfo crossdressing" does not, uh, get me literary results.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    >implying sadpanda isn't a modern-day library of alexandria
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    There are times you must love the internet.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Astolfo heals Roland in Canto 39, which you can read online, and there is nothing about crossdressing there. Most of the things about Alstolfo and Roland in Fate is from Furioso, so I think crossdressing most probably is just made up by Nasu (or who designed Astolfo).

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Literally all the Knights we've seen so far are brothers in some way, except for Bedivere. The Round Table was always full of nepotism but goddamn Nasu.

Except for Tristan too, forgot about him.
    Fun tidbit, in one version of the family tree, the Isolde that Tristan marries is a cousin of Arthur

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desann View Post
    Astolfo heals Roland in Canto 39, which you can read online, and there is nothing about crossdressing there. Most of the things about Alstolfo and Roland in Fate is from Furioso, so I think crossdressing most probably is just made up by Nasu (or who designed Astolfo).
    The only incident of crossdressing I can remember in the Furioso is done by Richardet (Bradamante's twin brother)
    Basically as I can remember it, there was this princess that got rescue by Bradamante and so the princess got the hots for her but Brada rejected her on the excuse that she was a woman. But Richardeto also got the hots for the princess, so he crossdress (put on Brada's clothes) and went to the princess and told her a spell have turned her (Bradamante) into a man and now they could be together, the princess buy into it but her guards knights were not thrilled about it and chase Richardet away. Then the guards came upon the actual Brada and tried to burn her on the excuse that she was an evil male knight going around pretending to be a woman so the guards would drop their guard and she could seduce princesses. I literally only remember this incident because it was like the only time that Ruggiero came and rescue Bradamante instead of the other way around like it always happens.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    lmao imagining that with brad cracks me up
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    the princess buy into it but her guards knights were not thrilled about it and chase Richardet away. Then the guards came upon the actual Brada and tried to burn her on the excuse that she was an evil male knight going around pretending to be a woman so the guards would drop their guard and she could seduce princesses.
    It was slightly different - princess and Richardet were hiding their relationship for several months, until someone finally noticed and reported to her father, and then he tried to burn Richardet at the stake, and here Ruggiero saved him.
    Actually Ruggiero thought that he is saving Bradamante, so I guess those twins really look alike.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/orl/orl25.htm
    Or this is Bradamant, or I no more
    Am the Rogero which I was before.
    Lol, he was dead sure it's Bradamante.
    Last edited by Desann; October 8th, 2021 at 10:28 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Which novels did the Case Files anime skip and which did it adapt? Because I remember they skipped the first one but beyond that I have no idea.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Adapted 4 and 5.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alright, thanks.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    TsukiRE stuff
    So the Tsuki thread has been throwing around the term Idea Blood a lot lately, and as someone who can't read moonrunes and doesn't have an anime or manga adaptation to go through it tangentially (yet. Maybe once ufotable is done with Demon Slayer S2), is it just a Reality Marble? The few descriptions I found make it sound like it's an explanation to give all high tier DAA's this one in a million magic, and basing it on bloodlines explains away why Satsuki hits double jackpot in skipping all the vampire steps and instinctively bending reality to her whim.
    Last edited by Mattias; October 17th, 2021 at 01:16 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Spoiler:
    So the Tsuki thread has been throwing around the term Idea Blood a lot lately, and as someone who can't read moonrunes and doesn't have an anime or manga adaptation to go through it tangentially (yet. Maybe once ufotable is done with Demon Slayer S2), is it just a Reality Marble? The few descriptions I found make it sound like it's an explanation to give all high tier DAA's this one in a million magic, and basing it on bloodlines explains away why Satsuki hits double jackpot in skipping all the vampire steps and instinctively bending reality to her whim.
    It'd be easier if you posted this question in the actual spoiler thread, since this thread is technically spoiler-free (thus you ought to spoiler tag your post).

Tsukihime R spoilers
    As for your question. Idea Blood is indeed similar to Reality Marbles. In fact, many suspect that the many Reality Marbles used by the Ancestors have been replaced by this concept. The kanji used for writing Idea Blood (原理血戒) also sounds vaguely similar to the kanji used for writing Reality Marble (固有結界).

That said, it is not entirely the same. A reality marble is at the end of the day, a Bounded Field. It will eventually disperse through the pressure put upon it by the world. But Idea Blood is not that easy to get rid of. It is 'a poison that infringes upon the world'. Vlov has to actually suppress it himself by desperately consuming human blood as "heat" to counter its "cold" (in his case). Once unleashed, Vlov himself is not exempt from its effects. He can't move very fast, and is always assaulted by a feeling of terrible cold.

I could also recommend reading this post by me, which has translations of most of the explanation given in the game about Idea Blood.
    Last edited by Petrikow; October 17th, 2021 at 05:54 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Just wanted to double check, but where is it mentioned that Tamamo and Dakini-ten are connected? And isn't Dakini a species, so are there more of them, or have they effectively all been combined into one entity here?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    It'd be easier if you posted this question in the actual spoiler thread, since this thread is technically spoiler-free (thus you ought to spoiler tag your post).
    Thanks, Petri. Is it really that much of a spoiler to ask the question though? DAA's used to have RM's all over the place and now all I hear about is this new thing.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Just wanted to double check, but where is it mentioned that Tamamo and Dakini-ten are connected? And isn't Dakini a species, so are there more of them, or have they effectively all been combined into one entity here?
    It's not Dakini but Dakini-ten in particular.

And the mention come from her entire skill set in the Extra games as well as the materials.

US Friend Code
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Add's hammer mode is equivalent in power to a D-rank Noble Phantasm, does anyone have a source for that? I kind of doubt it honestly.