Page 7581 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 658170817481753175717576757975807581758275837586759176317681 ... LastLast
Results 151,601 to 151,620 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So was a world-split planned all along?
    That right after Tsuki-Re 4gamer interview's google translate said Nasu knew that if he wrote Fate he'd have to split the worlds, but its vague.

So i go with the interpretation that Nasu feared he might need to split the worlds, and hoped not to, and then Fate got to big and he had to.

I still feel he didnt need to honestly

Maybe in 20 more years that Fundamental incompatability between the 2 will be more obvious.

Or maybe Nasu just plans to have Fate live nicely on the planet while Tsuki will have a apocalyptic cataclysm that makes the remaining survivors live on the moon. Be it inside, or terraformed by Arc

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Is there a place to read DDD in English?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Would like to ask too; Is there some place to read Notes. in English?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Thanks!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Maybe in 20 more years that Fundamental incompatability between the 2 will be more obvious.

Or maybe Nasu just plans to have Fate live nicely on the planet while Tsuki will have a apocalyptic cataclysm that makes the remaining survivors live on the moon. Be it inside, or terraformed by Arc
    of course you could also argue that the incompatibilities that nasu saw were allowed to flourish cause he felt he didnt need to make them compatible in the first place
    Last edited by Byegod; December 8th, 2021 at 10:12 AM.

Actually wanna ask, what was dr heartless plan, was it for all magi or for everyone period

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Do we know about anything that uses True Ether currently besides Black Barrel?

NPs of Pseudo-Servants or Divine Constructs, for example. Do they have it or are made of it?

Blog Entries
    Wasn't that Gi something from Notes related to True Ether?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Do we know about anything that uses True Ether currently besides Black Barrel?

NPs of Pseudo-Servants or Divine Constructs, for example. Do they have it or are made of it?
    I think Balmung has some in its pommel.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Sword of Paracelsus had some True Ether (False) or something like that too.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Wasn't that Gi something from Notes related to True Ether?
    I was looking for examples in the current time. Grain is weird. It's True Ether but also anti-True Ether or smth, it's not totally clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I think Balmung has some in its pommel.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Sword of Paracelsus had some True Ether (False) or something like that too.
    Huh, not where I expected it to be mentioned at all.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I was looking for examples in the current time. Grain is weird. It's True Ether but also anti-True Ether or smth, it's not totally clear.

Huh, not where I expected it to be mentioned at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc Mats
    -Balmung [Noble Phantasm]Phantasmal Greatsword, Felling of the Sky Demon. The Noble Phantasm of Saber of Black, Siegfried. The Nibelungs, a tribe which lived in an underground country, requested that Siegfried fairly and impartially divide up and distribute their treasure, and he accepted the request. Balmung was planned to be given to him as payment for this. However, two kings felt that the allocation of treasure was done unfairly (both kings felt they were being treated unfairly, so it’s highly possible that it was actually divided up fairly without Siegfried favoring either one) and fought Siegfried, but he killed them in return.
    The remaining treasure which no longer had an owner became Siegfried’s, and Balmung also became his weapon. He wielded Balmung in every battle after that. It is also said that he won in the battle against Fafnir thanks to Balmung.
    It is a sword of twilight that has reached A rank and possesses the quality of both a holy and cursed sword. Perhaps because it was owned by a king, it specializes in fighting against armies, shooting off a semi-circular slash wave. The blue jewel attached to the handle stores True Ether to use as a boost when activating the Noble Phantasm.
    Now then, it does have a fast activation rate for a so-called beam weapon, but in a comparison of speed, Siegfried when he was alive was the fastest in activating it, with Sieg being the next fastest and the Servant Siegfried being the slowest out of them.
    Sieg possesses the “Galvanism” ability, which the Servant Siegfried does not have, and can draw out the needed prana all at once when activating the Noble Phantasm. The living Siegfried, on the other hand, had his inborn disposition combined with the transformation of his heart due to being bathed in and drinking a dragon’s blood, so he could draw forth prana and fire the slash wave even faster than Sieg. Unfortunately, the moment he was summoned as the Servant Saber, that special characteristic of his was highly degraded.
    Quote Originally Posted by FGO Mats
    Sword of Paracelsus: The Magic Sword of the ElementalistRank: A+
    Classification: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1~99
    Maximum Number of Targets: 300 people

The original Azoth Sword. Paracelsus’ magic sword. A Mystic Code that utilizes the Philosopher’s Stone he created during his lifetime. The whole sword blade is composed of Philosopher’s Stones purified to an ultra-high density. Its original effect is to amplify/supplement/strengthen the power of Magecraft.

Paracelsus does not use this sword to attack his target(s) directly, but he instead exercises Ritual Magecraft instantly with the Magical Energy charged up within the sword, and by making use of all the Five Elements, a pseudo-composition of True Ether – which was viewed as the Magical Energy that the world from the Age of Gods was filled with – is stimulated. Although it is a small fragment, the pseudo-True Ether (Fake) that had materialized is converted into a light of destruction that mows down the surroundings.

Moreover, it possesses a true function that differs from its simple destruction ability…
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I went and read their materials after your first answer but thanks anyway Raff.

We know Master quality can have a pretty massive impact on Servant stats (compare Shirou Saber vs. Rin Saber, for example). Is this purely an expression of quantity of magical energy supplied?

'Yes' would make certain changes, like Kiritsugu Saber having higher Endurance than Rin Saber, not make much sense.

'No' would make different things not make much sense, like Medea's FGO stats being identical to her stats with Souichirou. (This also indicates certain things about how much energy she was managing to draw from leylines etc.)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't think too much about FGO parameters like that. They mostly just copy the ones from the original work.

See Hassan.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    If there were to be a lore reason for FGO's copied stats, it'd probably be due to Saint Graph replication in the same way Chaldea allows for unique Servant memory retention and allows for the retention of items like Proto Cu's spear. Realistically, they never put any thought into it because it was just a cash grab quickie phone game and that aspect of it has remained even with the overall improvement in writing quality.