Page 7593 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 659370937493754375837588759175927593759475957598760376437693 ... LastLast
Results 151,841 to 151,860 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Herk math in 2022, swear to god

12 lives (11 resurrections) -> killed 6 times by Archer -> 6 lives (5 resurrections) -> killed 1 time by Rin -> 5 lives (4 resurrections) -> overkilled 7 times by Caliburn -> -2 lives (no rez)

The only tricky thing to keep in mind is that God Hand = 11 resurrections + Herk's original life. Lives regen doesn't matter in the VN because he either loses them all in one day or get killed so much the regen wouldn't matter. At any rate the timeframe is something cooked up with an anime-specific cause (even though it doesn't matter there either):

Why was Heracles unscathed even after getting hit by Archer's A-rank Noble Phantasm, Caladbolg? He couldn't have nullified it, so did he just endure the full brunt of the attack?

N: Oh, that. In the original work, it was like "Even though none of the attacks up until then had been worth dodging, that one alone would be fatal so Berserker intercepted it, and there was catastrophic damage from the explosion."
    In the anime, on the other hand, Berserker couldn't respond due to the fatal wound he had taken from Saber, so he took the attack head-on, lost another life, and regenerated. So he lost two lives in total.
    T: Ah, so that's why God Hand needed three days to regenerate in the anime version!
    It's more to emphasise that Illya is the sugoiest Master.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, there is another interpretation of this:

VN -> Lost one life, regenerated in ? days
    Anime -> Lost two lives, regenerated in 3 days instead

Which considering the awkwardness of straight-up division might indicate that it's a total lives stock regen that takes more time relative to the lives lost?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Which considering the awkwardness of straight-up division might indicate that it's a total lives stock regen that takes more time relative to the lives lost?
    no lets try fitting a non-liner model and publish in journal of geeks studies
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

You go ahead, I lost my license after one WMG post too many.

Herk math in 2022, swear to god

12 lives (11 resurrections) -> killed 6 times by Archer -> 6 lives (5 resurrections) -> killed 1 time by Rin -> 5 lives (4 resurrections) -> overkilled 7 times by Caliburn -> -2 lives (no rez)

The only tricky thing to keep in mind is that God Hand = 11 resurrections + Herk's original life. Lives regen doesn't matter in the VN because he either loses them all in one day or get killed so much the regen wouldn't matter. At any rate the timeframe is something cooked up with an anime-specific cause (even though it doesn't matter there either):

It's more to emphasise that Illya is the sugoiest Master.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, there is another interpretation of this:

VN -> Lost one life, regenerated in ? days
    Anime -> Lost two lives, regenerated in 3 days instead

It doesn't matter...but it is interesting to know how many times he died because that would give an indication of how he "surpassed his own myth"...at least for me...

As you observed in a previous post of yours, breaking free of Enkidu after being killed to death is double-impossible, which is what makes it impressive.

…I don't even need to check if he's alive or not.
    Even if he is a great hero that overcame ten deaths, he should not be able to get up after receiving twenty.
    …Yes.
    Even if he is alive, he should not even have the power to breathe.
    Whether he still had a life left or came back from permadeath is kind of secondary to the act itself.

As you observed in a previous post of yours, breaking free of Enkidu after being killed to death is double-impossible, which is what makes it impressive.

Whether he still had a life left or came back from permadeath is kind of secondary to the act itself.
    I guess you're right ... that would explain Gil's last words more clearly: "You surpass your own to the very end" ... in the end it doesn't matter how many lives he had left or if he had already passed the maximum number of resurrections ... what matters is that he recovered from a mortal wound and escaped from the chains of heaven ...

Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    Except... they did that.

The Tohsakas "own the land" as they oversee Fuyuki as a House.

The Greater Grail literally sits on the city's ley line and siphons the life of the land to initiate the ritual.

Why do you think the magic circle was strategically carved below the temple in the cavern?
    It is Tohsaka land in the Magus's society, not human's society. Kerry buy his house from Taiga's family, not from Tohsaka.
    They have 200 years to prepare. Even when Tohsaka is collapsed, Rin's budget still around 10,000,000 yen x ???. And Einzbern is far more wealthy than Tohsaka. Einzbern+Matou+Tohsaka, even if they just buy 1/4 or 1/2 of the Fuyuki land, it will help to reduce the casualties very much.

But they just keep complain about " in the modern age, even the territory of the far east country now full of people. It is very difficult to keep magecraft in secret from them.".

Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    It is Tohsaka land in the Magus's society, not human's society. Kerry buy his house from Taiga's family, not from Tohsaka.
    They have 200 years to prepare. Even when Tohsaka is collapsed, Rin's budget still around 10,000,000 yen x ???. And Einzbern is far more wealthy than Tohsaka. Einzbern+Matou+Tohsaka, even if they just buy 1/4 or 1/2 of the Fuyuki land, it will help to reduce the casualties very much.

But they just keep complain about " in the modern age, even the territory of the far east country now full of people. It is very difficult to keep magecraft in secret from them.".
    And what happens after they get the land?
    What would be your excuse for evicting all these people and business?

How to get back all that money invested?
    How did they deal with the attention that such action would attract?
    Last edited by Alfredo845; January 2nd, 2022 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    And what happens after they get the land?
    What would be your excuse for evicting all these people and business?

How to get back all that money invested?
    How did they deal with the attention that such action would attract?
    200 years ago, Fuyuki's people is fewer than they are in the present-day.

if they can buy a forest, why it is the trouble if they buy a city? Turn 500km2 ( we know Fuyuki actually created follow the Kobe city in the real world) to the national park. Or create the huge gas leak or something, and " this land is very dangerous. Please stay away from it.". If they can have compromise with even Japan's JSDF, why not? If they keep pay the tax, the government doesn't care.

In the reality, several private landowners own more these land which larger than even that city:

https://www.onemorehectare.com/en/la...s-in-the-world

You think the money they used to find relic of Angra Mainyu, Arthur and Gilgamesh's relic is cheaper than buy the territory?

" How to get back all that money invested?" - > Yeah. It is my question,too. Where these money from? How can these Magus so wealthy like that? Wealthy enough to buy the old and unique relic for every HGW, and never ask any question about " How to get back all that money invested?".

------------------------------------

The more serious question: What Einzbern trying to do with HGW?

I mean, I know they are trying to recreat 3th True Magic. But, how?
    Illya is collapsed after she "received" 5 Servant ( Fate route). How can she can defeat the last Servant to win the war? And even if she can, does she still healthy enough to finish the ritual?

And even if she finished the ritual, what will happen after that? She will die and the Greater Grail will collapse forever ( as same as HF true end)? Or Greater Grail will become the 3th True Magic machine, always there for anyone to use?

And, it looks like Einzbern doesn't care about Angra Mainyu or the mud at all. Why? Anga Mainyu will be prevented from give birth, if Illya finishes her ritual? Or they simply doesn't care even if the mud will destroy the world?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know the name of the track that plays at the start of Section 21 in Avalon le Fae?

just in case

Right at the start, just after the jingle.

Not the first time I hear it either. Been trying to find it but no luck so far.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    Are you seriously complaining about some bullshit city buying made up tangent as a plot hole and then asking what was the Einzbern reason to want the Holy Grail?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know the name of the track that plays at the start of Section 21 in Avalon le Fae?

just in case

Right at the start, just after the jingle.

Not the first time I hear it either. Been trying to find it but no luck so far.

Forbidden Advent Garden: Salem

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Much appreciated.
    burn your dread you coward

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Are you seriously complaining about some bullshit city buying made up tangent as a plot hole and then asking what was the Einzbern reason to want the Holy Grail?
    "buying city" just the discussion more than the question. And it is the question for the Three Families of 19th century, not about the generation of Rin. It is too late already.

The question about Einzbern is more serious question.

Blog Entries
    The reason anybody other than main dumbasses want the holy grail is because holy grail = magical energy jackpot nuke of doom.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post

As a mage, why would you be interested in who owns the deed of the land lol.

If you want to hide things, the last thing you would want to do is buy a city and leave it empty lol.

I completely fail to see your logic. The best way to hide things is to make it look like nothing is happening, and everything is going as it should.

Blog Entries
    Where's the comment that F/SF servants are not allowed in FGO come form?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    Where's the comment that F/SF servants are not allowed in FGO come form?
    Reddit.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    And /fgog/.
    Spoiler:

My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

US Friend Code
    Do we know what department Waver took classes in as a student? Kayneth was the Lord of Mineralogy but whenever we see Waver in his class they're never talking about minerals, so I assume he was lecturing for a different department.