Page 7599 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 659970997499754975897594759775987599760076017604760976497699 ... LastLast
Results 151,961 to 151,980 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Man, I really dislike the nuances of such a type of power being genetically inherited. Maybe I'm understanding wrong, and I definitely have talked about this before, but I really like how the Shikis have the eyes that they have purely because they've died, seen death, and remained alive. Having the bloodline stuff weakens the effect for me.

Also, Shikis really aren't people, huh.
    Well, that is why they have those powers and not Pure Eyes. You don't see the rest of their family running around with Death Perception.

In seemingly both cases, the Pure Eyes latent in their bloodline served as a basis for their experiences with death (and in Ryougi's case, her Origin) to materialize as an eye-based power. That's the extent of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Man, I really dislike the nuances of such a type of power being genetically inherited. Maybe I'm understanding wrong, and I definitely have talked about this before, but I really like how the Shikis have the eyes that they have purely because they've died, seen death, and remained alive. Having the bloodline stuff weakens the effect for me.
    If dying, seen death and remaining alive was the only thing that mattered, then MEoDP would be a very common power.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    Whilst I understand the possible implications in such a chuuni work (and thinking about it holy shit it really would be everywhere) I still like the solely experience based thing better. Also, I don't mean to say that the genetics is everything, but that it has to be there at all already makes me groan.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

what the hell is the point of sealing designations? is it just the biggest case of tall poppy syndrome in existence or is there just something I'm missing?

Blog Entries
    Do you mean in a burocratic sense?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Most people are designated for sealing for being interesting as a test subject. It's the basic idea of a mad scientist finding a mutant and want to dissect it.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenhero36 View Post
    what the hell is the point of sealing designations? is it just the biggest case of tall poppy syndrome in existence or is there just something I'm missing?
    Something that's special and one of a kind that can't be passed on. Whether it's a quirk/mutation, or a special kind of genius wants to be preserved so its not lost when someone dies instead of being preserved forever.

Most sealing designates don't even care about the fact that they'd be pickled preserved brains other than the fact that they wouldn't be able to research their theory and read books anymore. It's legitimate in being a sort of mark of honor. But its also a case of everyone involved being incredibly autistic.

That said Sealing Designates tend to come in two types. Hermits and I forget what the other designation was. But hermits like Touko and whatnot are Sealing Designates they don't chase very hard and are fine with leaving alone unless they suddenly do something that rocks the boat, is large in scale and is bad for everyone and such. Bazett's scenes have a lot of information on this stuff.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Parent in the text here is used generically. Not pointing towards Kiri specifically. Thus one would presume the process can be repeated across several generations.

Of course, I imagine the incest comes in when it comes to the qualifier of having a child "spiritual" enough to inherit this special ability. Just inbreed for spirituality, lol.
    Breeding for spirituality may also be a thing. Their incest seemed multi-faceted given they carried over psychic abilities, a unique killing disposition and a unique sort of physical body structure. Psychic abilities are supposed to be a mutational gene that dies out after a generation but Nanaya practices managed to cultivate them consistently. This means Nanaya likely either all had pure eyes of some variant or that they had other psychic abilities in general that constantly manifested.
    Like turning into a panther...?
    Like Akiha's curse, perhaps viewing Nero's thoughts and seeing the past is because that's what his specific pure eyes were meant for.

I also believe it was mentioned by Arc that the traits required for the eyes doesn't necessarily have to be passed down from a direct parent to offspring but that it could indeed be a distant ancestor like you suggested. The bloodline is what is important. This is probably why the Ryougi who aren't known for pure/mystic eyes or incest have a member who possesses the traits to awaken a hybrid eye power after her incident. A latent/recessive carryover since the implication is that the Nanaya and Ryougi crossbred long long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post

Most sealing designates don't even care about the fact that they'd be pickled preserved brains other than the fact that they wouldn't be able to research their theory and read books anymore. It's legitimate in being a sort of mark of honor. But its also a case of everyone involved being incredibly autistic.
    right I forgot that most mages have fundamentally alien psychology when comes to things like this.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Since both FGO and Foxtail managed to dodge explaining what's up with Daji and Tamamo, when do you it will get explained, if ever?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Right after The Dark Six.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    what's up with Daji and Tamamo
    They are two different bunrei of Amaterasu.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

What exactly is Evocation?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Unless there's something else with the same name that I'm missing, evocation is magecraft involving summoning spirits. Fiore from Fate/Apocrypha's mechanical arms were animated by the ghosts of her dead dogs, that's an example of it. The Department of Spiritual Evocation at the Clock Tower has mages that deal with ghosts, spirits, etc. in it. Like the leader of the department keeps ghosts inside the rings he wears. The department also collects catalysts to summon Heroic Spirits. In Apocrypha it's where Kairi went to get the piece of the Round Table that he used to summon Mordred.

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryLime View Post
    Are the mechanics of GoB's portals ever actually discussed? I'm very curious about potential applications. What exactly can Gil do with those portals, and are they only one way?
    We've never seen him use portals without summoning an object at the same time, so he might not be able to summon just a portal without summoning an object too. Could he cut a person in half by summoning a portal in their body? We'll never know because it's never going to happen.
    In the Babylonia anime we see that he can summon one gigantic portal with a lot of objects coming out of it instead of many individual ones.

He can store stuff in there (he chucked Shinji in there in the UBW anime) and presumably shit he collects as a servant would get added to the database, as he'd have no reason to collect Karna's weapon otherwise. I'm like 96% certain he can choose to delete stuff permanently too as he didn't want back the weapons he launched at Gilles' sea creature in Zero. It does seemingly have to be permanently deleted however, as Vajra explodes in Zero as does the Vimana but they both return later (Vajra in F/SN, Vimana in SF).

At the end of UBW Rin leaves with Shirou on a trip leaving the clock tower ... can we assume that 10 years after the events in UBW Rin and Shirou return to the clock tower and embark on the mission to dismantle the great grail? ... I'm sure somewhere I read that Nasu had written about it ...

Addressed in Case Files p sure

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don’t remember Shirou being mentioned for the Dismantling War. The heroes there a supposed to be Rin and Waver.

US Friend Code
    Though I can't imagine Shirou willingly staying out of it unless he's already been executed by that point. But yeah the protagonists of the dismantling are Rin and Waver.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I think Rin and Waver were stated as the protagonists because of alternate route shenanigans. Otherwise, Shirou would probably participate in some capacity in worlds where he can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself