Page 7611 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 661171117511756176017606760976107611761276137616762176617711 ... LastLast
Results 152,201 to 152,220 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah kinda, it's been a thing since MEoDP.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    NA used "the strenght of your fate" (Babylonia), "future" (Solomon), and "fate" (Ishtar Cup).
    I always think that this fandom would be so much better off if there were openly agreed upon translations for certain terms. Index really has it lucky.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Standardized translations with a unified lore bible that would set the standard for all of the Nasuverse's stuff going forward would also be nice if we're wishing for stuff, lol

After rewatching Zero, Fate, UBW and Heaven's Feel...finishing the visual novel for the third time...and reading the official material about Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night...I come to the conclusion that the ritual of the holy grail needs 4 "big and importants elements".

1.- The Grail Vessel (Iri and Illya)
    2.- The Lesser Grail (which is found inside Iri and Illya later)
    3.- The Dress of Heaven (Which can only be controlled by a Homunculus)
    4.- The Greater Grail (which is found in the caverns below the city of Fuyuki)

Am I right?...or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Jesse1089; January 22nd, 2022 at 02:14 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    I don't recall Sakura needing the Dress of Heaven, though perhaps there was something else that compensated for that.

And looking Apocrypha, all that's really needed is the Greater Grail, though you could perhaps argue still needing a grail vessel.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    There's a Lesser Grail in Apocrypha, purposely kept in a broken state to keep the Greater Grail from going into wish mode but not broken enough to cause the Greater Grail to glitch out. So Greater and Lesser are definitely needed. The "vessel" is just the Lesser Grail in another form, so it's the same thing. The Dress of Heaven seems to just basically be admin rights, so it's not necessary.

According to the Material Works Dress of Heaven function is to control the Greater Grail...so I'd say it is necessary...

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    If you're looking to establish the Third on a wide scale like intended, it's probably necessary, which is why Amakusa had to manually go inside it. But otherwise, it seems to be completely set up to self-function in the capacity of generic wish granter. Darnic's setup seems to have been completely without issue as far as we're shown.

Is the mass of meat attached to Shinji Illya's heart? but growing out of control because he is unsuited for the job?

What exactly are the textures of reality? I've seen the term used before and just kinda brushed it off but I saw the tsukihime RE finale I'm really confused

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenhero36 View Post
    What exactly are the textures of reality? I've seen the term used before and just kinda brushed it off but I saw the tsukihime RE finale I'm really confused
    Someone else already asked the question, and was answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Textures are different layers of reality spread out over the planet. Like imagine if the planet was a basketball, then textures would be different blankets wrapped around it. The human world is a texture, the Reverse Side is a texture, and the ocean where the Wandering Sea is located is a texture too. Lynchpins like Rhongmyniad hold textures in place, and without them their respective texture would disappear. So like without Rhon, the human layer of reality would vanish.
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    The term "texture" is actually pretty literal in its description. Each texture is a metaphysical "layer" over the planet, but to continue the ball analogy: a table tennis ball is smooth and glossy, while a regular tennis ball is fuzzy. They have different textures, in the literal sense. This fact also results in both of them behaving differently (ignoring what's inside the ball for the sake of this).

So let's say that in the beginning, there were only regular table tennis balls. One day, someone ended up putting the exterior of a regular tennis ball on all the table tennis balls, so now they play like shit. So in order for table tennis to continue as it had always done, you would have literally had to also change the properties of physics which interact with the ball.
    This is pretty much how world textures work as well. Whatever species become the apex/prime ones of the planet cover the world in their own unique coat of paint to make it suit them more specifically, but since the world will not tolerate any paradoxes or inconsistencies, then it also needs to retcon history itself. So when humanity took over, science was the hot topic, and so the world would now be governed by natural laws of physics, which also retconned all the magical history to fit with that.

If the pins weren't there, the texture would come loose, and the texture below it (in the current case, the AoG texture) would be on top again. However, I don't think we really know if pins are just for human textures, or if AoG ones even have them in the first place, but it would make sense for it to just be human-specific because the world hates us or whatever.
    Now that Textures were brought up, I'm reminded of The Shekinah Glory in SMTV which I think is similar in principle.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; January 22nd, 2022 at 11:06 PM.

So did gil use a grail in babylonia for the servants or not, i think its the latter but Why did he do that if thats the case

have not read it in a while
    Last edited by Byegod; January 23rd, 2022 at 12:38 AM.

Yesterday I was talking with some friends who are beginners in the nasuverse... and a question came up...

Why do so many people confuse Iri and Illya being the Lesser Grail if they are the vessel and not the Lesser Grail?...
    Is it because they need each other to work and because the Lesser Grail is melted and integrated in the vessel?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1089 View Post
    Yesterday I was talking with some friends who are beginners in the nasuverse... and a question came up...

Why do so many people confuse Iri and Illya being the Lesser Grail if they are the vessel and not the Lesser Grail?...
    Is it because they need each other to work and because the Lesser Grail is melted and integrated in the vessel?
    Because almost nobody knows and the difference is irrelevant anyway.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It makes the person bringing the distinction up sound pedantic. Imagine you saw a car go really fast and you told the owner his car was good, and then he corrected you saying that it's the engine that's good. That's what it sounds like.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Were you really talking about the nature of the Nasuverse? Because somehow you came back on the exact same subject you have talked about for two(!) weeks now.

Surely you have other interests than the nature of the Lesser Grail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Why did Caren remember about Angra in the world outside the loop? Wasn't she supposed to not remember anything because the real her wasn't part of the four days?
    Am I supposed to not think too hard about it just like which timeline the epilogue takes place in?
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate. Much like Daybit, I am simply correct, and that is the end of the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    I am not a shitposter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Impressive argument.

Mine, however, is superior: you are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The planet is on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    GOT DICK? ANY PENIS? COCK DONATIONS?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi(kari) View Post
    Am I supposed to not think too hard about it just like which timeline the epilogue takes place in?
    Pretty much, I even remember there was some statement by Nasu somewhere pretty much saying as much. That said, since I can't on the top of my head provide a good source for that recollection, take this with a grain of salt.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I simply never interpreted the epilogue as outside of the dream because Arthuria and Medusa were there.

Do we have a date for humanity CF?

I ask cause it feels like humanity CF seems to operate in a odd timescale since it operated in a time when gods were the dominate ones of the planet