Page 7649 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 664971497549759976397644764776487649765076517654765976997749 ... LastLast
Results 152,961 to 152,980 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's probably to do with Shirou being thought to perform miracles as opposed to mere martyrdom to achieve sainthood (Not trying to diminish these people, but none of them were said to be magic to my understanding) So they might mean closer to sainthood in that respect since the other saints featured in Fate are those that weren't just canonised, but performed feats thought to be divine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Blog Entries
    Plus they didn't need any Japanese "saint" but one who would answer the call to participate in the Holy Grail War as a Ruler rather than mediate it.

You gotta admit though, Amakusa Shirou was the closest the Einzbern's ever came to achieving their true goal (Kiritsugu and Saber don't really count since the Grail was corrupted by then).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Is there any RL source about Hakudou Jounin, the japanese Xian said to be Seimei's master according to Douman's profile? I can't seem to find any info about this person outside of that, unless it's just a made-up character for Seimei's background in Nasuverse.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The translation note I put in Douman's profile is that long because there's no source in English. Even in Japanese it's hard to come by because Hakudou doesn't exist anywhere other than as a footnote to Douman's story. Even e-Kyoto's mythological biography of Seimei only ever mention Hakudou in the context of Douman's final battle.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the main source I used for that TL note.

Blog Entries
    Stuff like this makes me realize just how effortfull the BL TL team is
    Thanks
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

US Friend Code
    Thanks a lot Comun. He's quite obscure figure indeed, and there's even a note suggesting he's a made-up addition to Seimei's story. I guess TM needs to reference him considering how big Xian stuffs are in Nasuverse.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The translation note I put in Douman's profile is that long because there's no source in English. Even in Japanese it's hard to come by because Hakudou doesn't exist anywhere other than as a footnote to Douman's story. Even e-Kyoto's mythological biography of Seimei only ever mention Hakudou in the context of Douman's final battle.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the main source I used for that TL note.
    This site has some interesting notes about Hakudou btw: https://yamimin-planet.com/【現代語訳】安倍晴明物語より「伯道上人の事」/

Key points were that he tried to study Xian arts, but later became disciple of Manjushri in Buddhism arts (this motif is used in several wuxia and xianxia novels, including in the Fengshen Yanyi where some Xians end up turning into Buddhist monks and went to India with Amida Buddha), and then passed the secret arts of both schools down to Seimei and even the likes of Jiang Ziya who allegedly learnt some of his art through some records he left in a cave. Idk how much Nasu dig deep into these things tho, but considering the obscurity of Hakudou, TM can do w/e with him ranging from making him a Golden rank Xian who is also a Bodhisattva or sth to perhaps the bunrei of a top Shenxian.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; April 8th, 2022 at 02:39 AM.

Two questions

So they mentioned the bunyip, whats the context of it? as its like the 2nd australian thing EVER in nasu and i'm aussie so....

and the other, we have a general time period for siegfried, is there a explanation why AOG stuff was in the middle of a continent in teh 5th century AD including a massive dragon, as like it only held on until the 6th century on a island cause 'muh islands' Any explanation for the seigfried stuff? (also doesnt odin appear in his myth?)

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    and the other, we have a general time period for siegfried, is there a explanation why AOG stuff was in the middle of a continent in teh 5th century AD including a massive dragon, as like it only held on until the 6th century on a island cause 'muh islands' Any explanation for the seigfried stuff?
    From LB 6...
    "The Dragon of Albion was the last pure-blooded dragon in the world. Modern dragons are the result of the "dragon factor" left behind by dragons who emigrated to the Reverse Side, and has become nothing more than "dragon territories" while maintaining their own territories. Pureblood dragons no longer exist in the world, besides Albion's corpse that is."
    (also doesnt odin appear in his myth?)
    I want to say "no" since that wasn't in the Nibelungenlied, but we've already seen Wagner-isms creep into the Nasuverse Siegfried so I can't completely rule out the possibility.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Honestly what is albion in normal arturian stuff, I've heard the word before in arturian stuff but i have no clue what it is.

and it would still feel weird to have a dragon thats super high tier like fafnir in europe at the time no? I mean I could just go meta and say it's a issue with the OC lore and the AOG dates not working with the dates a lot of myth or folklore takes place and that friction but that feels like a copout

US Friend Code
    Fafnir isn't a pureblood dragon type, its existence is caused by Evil Dragon Phenomenon that transforms people with overwhelming greed into Fafnir. It's not exclusive to humans. Beside Sieg, a dwarf could become Fafnir, and even a Giant like Surtr could become Fafnir as shown in LB2, but in his case the transformation isn't finished yet.

Blog Entries
    Honestly what is albion in normal arturian stuff, I've heard the word before in arturian stuff but i have no clue what it is.
    When you say "normal" Arthurian stuff are you referring to IRL or just non-Lostbelt Nasuverse?

and it would still feel weird to have a dragon thats super high tier like fafnir in europe at the time no? I mean I could just go meta and say it's a issue with the OC lore and the AOG dates not working with the dates a lot of myth or folklore takes place and that friction but that feels like a copout
    Apparently not, since Zmei Gorynych was running around in tenth century Europe if Anastasia is anything to go by.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    You dont need to be in the age of the gods to have Fafnir. You just need a super greedy person. Probably was way easier to manifest in Siegfried's time than today.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So they mentioned the bunyip, whats the context of it? as its like the 2nd australian thing EVER in nasu and i'm aussie so....
    Turtle Island is plagued by sea-monsters. We beat a merman first, which as a creature that can be from pretty much anywhere really. Next battle is against kamuna bouzus, so we deduced we're dealing with Japanese sea-monsters. Then the third fight is against bunyips, unquestionably Australian, which makes a drop the theory that the monsters come all from the same place.

The bunyip are known in their myths for killing anyone who looks at them, so their gimmick here is that if you look at them, they teleport behind you and bite. We beat them building armor, so their teleport bite can't deal damage and we get the bite moment to strike them back.

- - - Updated - - -

Alternate name for Britain. But Nasu uses Albion as name to (a) normally unnamed dragon(s).
    Last edited by Comun; April 8th, 2022 at 10:40 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Jeff Bezos the dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Turtle Island is plagued by sea-monsters. We beat a merman first, which as a creature that can be from pretty much anywhere really. Next battle is against kamuna bouzus, so we deduced we're dealing with Japanese sea-monsters. Then the third fight is against bunyips, unquestionably Australian, which makes a drop the theory that the monsters come all from the same place.

The bunyip are known in their myths for killing anyone who looks at them, so their gimmick here is that if you look at them, they teleport behind you and bite. We beat them building armor, so their teleport bite can't deal damage and we get the bite moment to strike them back.

- - - Updated - - -

Alternate name for Britain. But Nasu uses Albion as name to (a) normally unnamed dragon(s).
    What version of the myth is that? Like im australian and I do no recall that version, unless this is a obscure version which wouldnt surprise me since it seems meteo used a obscure version of the rainbow snake. i recall them being monsters that dwell in water and strike you, typically they live in swamps, billabangs, watering holes and so on.

I do not recall that at all, hell one of the notable things is that most aboriginal stuff has many versions like the bunyip has many different ascribed appearances, there using the sealdog one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Jeff Bezos the dragon
    I always thought he looked like a lizard person...

But for real though, the prospect of all the Dragons that appear in medieval romances and are slain by people less than Siegfried-tier not actually being “pure blood” actually makes a lot more sense in my mind now. Certainly makes it easier to justify giving out the Dragon-Slayer Skill to a C-List Servant when making one in CaS3.

US Friend Code
    Other franchises have given the nameless white dragon the name Albion before too (etymologically, "Albion" is believed to be derived from an ancient word for "white", and the island was called that because of its white cliffs when approaching from the continent), but the weird thing with Nasu is he seems to have combined the red and white dragons both into Albion, in a similar manner to Morgan and Vivian. Going by the description for Melusine's costume at least.

希望の地の門番として現れる竜の影。 白き竜と赤き竜は相克し、また同一
    The shadow of the dragon appears as the gatekeeper of the land of hope. The white dragon and the red dragon are both conflicting and identical.

We also have Melusine saying her scales are supposed to be white (they turned black by curses) but then you fight a fragment of Albion while traveling down the Spirit Tomb and its name as an enemy is Red Dragon.
    Last edited by Reign; April 8th, 2022 at 01:40 PM.

What is a true dragon then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    but the weird thing with Nasu is he seems to have combined the red and white dragons both into Albion, in a similar manner to Morgan and Vivian.
    If this is legit then it irks me as it feels like stacking another needlessly convoluted aspect onto Artoria's life.
    Sometimes simple is best.

What is a true dragon then.
    A miserable pile of secrets.