Page 7650 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 665071507550760076407645764876497650765176527655766077007750 ... LastLast
Results 152,981 to 153,000 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dragons are a weird spot where actually have a lot of information on what they were and how they worked, but it’s in crumbs scattered all over the place. There’s no one reliable and comprehensive scene to look for if you want to recheck the dragon lore.

Okay, so different question

Sefars protection seems weird, I dont get how it works.

Its absolute against things of intelligence? or like techniques or authorities? but brute force or lifeforce work? Can I ask, why then zeus powering up was able to effect it, as didnt he strike it with lightning or whatever that would just be a authority or something of intelligence.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ Before you move on, I had one last thought about dragons and that's how I raise my eyebrow at the decision to have Siegfried gain Das Rhinegold from Fafnir after killing him. The reason being that means he didn't get it from the Nibelungs and thus it kinda undermines the title of the story (Nibelungenlied) if everyone isn't killing each other over the Nibelung's treasure.

Not really related I guess but it was a shower thought I had a few days ago.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    ^ Before you move on, I had one last thought about dragons and that's how I raise my eyebrow at the decision to have Siegfried gain Das Rhinegold from Fafnir after killing him. The reason being that means he didn't get it from the Nibelungs and thus it kinda undermines the title of the story (Nibelungenlied) if everyone isn't killing each other over the Nibelung's treasure.

Not really related I guess but it was a shower thought I had a few days ago.
    Would this be for miscellaneous or unpopular opinions? Id be willing to add thoughts there?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huh? It's not *for* either, I was just finishing up the conversation we had earlier today in this thread about dragons.

So do whatever you want.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post

Its absolute against things of intelligence? or like techniques or authorities? but brute force or lifeforce work? Can I ask, why then zeus powering up was able to effect it, as didnt he strike it with lightning or whatever that would just be a authority or something of intelligence.
    Keep in mind that the machine gods are fusing back together rather than simply powering up. The machine gods are originally parts of mothership Chaos, and Zeus forced the other machine gods to merge back into a single entity before they were 12 Olympians, which made Zeus strong enough to brute force Sefar. They just returned to their older state and not becoming something new, so the attack is effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post

pictures from extella

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post

pictures from extella

Spoiler:
    Wait, so how did he bypass it then? as zeus is a product of knowledge? im legitimately confused honestly

US Friend Code
    You just need to hit her with a pure mana beam with nothing special to it besides raw power. That's why Excalibur works because it's just an amplifier. Presumably the gattai'd Olympians could do something similar to an excaliblast.

US Friend Code
    Zeus himself may be one, but his method of attacking is simple and straightforward; pure brute force. Ares, a machine god at the time, was considered to be Sefar's most feared opponent, despite him still no match for her, meaning Sefar is wary of his attacks. But Ares didn't use enough power behind those for the damage to register. Meanwhile, Combined Zeus is on another level entirely that the attacks manage to harm Sefar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    You just need to hit her with a pure mana beam with nothing special to it besides raw power. That's why Excalibur works because it's just an amplifier. Presumably the gattai'd Olympians could do something similar to an excaliblast.
    That reminds me, Zeus did have infinity crystal to harness infinite Magical Energy from, so it could also work against Sefar.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    In TM, how do you defeat someone you have no business contending with? Shoot a beamu at them. It's literally dude with a gun analogy.

Wouldn't many things like nuclear weapons or other such things work then?, but my issue is this quote i guess

Any form of attack (interference) designed by intellect - however undeveloped the theory behind it may be - will only grant more power to Altera.
    from the mats

Wouldn't him directing lightning or however they described it still ping the defense, hell they imply vasavi shakti works so i feel like some of the skill descrip is hyperbole?

US Friend Code
    Nuclear weapons won't work, because it's a result of engineered chemical reactions, so it's definitely "designed by intellect".

Pure energy, which is 'unprocessed' energy, works as long as its base composition is the same, so if the amount increases, it still doesn't change the base. That's why amplifying it works.

I mean nuclear weaponry is explicitly compared to one thing that is implied to work, vasavi shakti, a nd you think a mystery like that would bloody count

US Friend Code
    Karna's NP which is compared to nuclear weapon is Brahmastra Kundala, not Vasavi Shakti. Regardless, I don't think even Vasavi Shakti could work, since there's no proof or instance that it does.

- - - Updated - - -

His side story only has him vows to stop Sefar with his life.

It feels like you are like 1 or 2 steps away from saying "aiming" is a form of intelect so nothing should work unless it's 360 Aoe burst or just blind luck.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    It's only effective if it's collateral damage.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Zeus himself may be one, but his method of attacking is simple and straightforward; pure brute force. Ares, a machine god at the time, was considered to be Sefar's most feared opponent, despite him still no match for her, meaning Sefar is wary of his attacks. But Ares didn't use enough power behind those for the damage to register. Meanwhile, Combined Zeus is on another level entirely that the attacks manage to harm Sefar.
    Ares in particular was dangerous because of his sword, the Photon Ray. It is the prototype of Divine Constructs, and Excalibur was implied to be created based on it, just shortly after Ares was defeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Karna's NP which is compared to nuclear weapon is Brahmastra Kundala, not Vasavi Shakti. Regardless, I don't think even Vasavi Shakti could work, since there's no proof or instance that it does.

- - - Updated - - -

His side story only has him vows to stop Sefar with his life.
    The timeline in his side story was able to continue past the pruning point, shown in the ending credits, implying he did killed Sefar and saved that timeline, while in some other side stories the timelines got pruned. Also prior to that during Altera route, Gil warned her in haste that she needs to watch out for the spear.

In the first place Vasavi Shakti is anti-god not because it has that trait in particular, but it is because its firepower is so strong it can destroy almost everything with one blast, including the likes of gods, according to the statement in Fate/Apocrypha. It is literally just a super strong thunderbolt strike, no different from Zeus' thunderbolt in term of what it is. The difference is that one comes from Zeus' mechanical function, and the other comes from a Divine Construct created by the Hindu gods. So the implication here is that Divine Constructs are somehow much more effective than godly attacks from the gods themselves.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    In the first place Vasavi Shakti is anti-god not because it has that trait in particular, but it is because its firepower is so strong it can destroy almost everything with one blast, including the likes of gods, according to the statement in Fate/Apocrypha. It is literally just a super strong thunderbolt strike, no different from Zeus' thunderbolt in term of what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by FGO Mats III, Karna's profile
    Vasavi Shakti (Sun, abide to death)Rank: EX
    Type: Anti-Divine Noble Phantasm
    Range: 2-5
    Max. targets: 1 person

The single-use Spear of Light that can take down even the gods. The spear of mortality, made of lighting.
    It manifests in exchange for his armor, replacing tremendous defensive power for a powerful spear with Anti-Divine properties.
    FGO, devil that it is, retconned that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    FGO, devil that it is, retconned that.
    It's an exact copy of this from Fate/Apocrypha's Karna profile.

Quote Originally Posted by F/A Mats
    ■ Vasavi Shakti: O Sun, Abide to Death
    Type: Anti-Divine
    Range: 2~5
    Max Targets: 1 Person
    An one-shot only spear of light that takes down even gods. A spear of mortality made out of lightning.
    Manifested by converting the golden armor, in exchange of a tremendous defensive power, a spear with a powerful "anti-god" performance is equipped.
    There is no retcon.