Page 7709 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 670972097609765976997704770777087709771077117714771977597809 ... LastLast
Results 154,161 to 154,180 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry GudaGuda isn't canon, not even to Fate, so we don't even have to think about her much less than we do say, Prisma.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    For the record (so we don't have to rely on just Comun's paraphrasing), this is the part of the interview in question:

4Gamer:
     なるほど。……ちょっと設定寄りの話になるんですが,この機会にFateシリーズと月姫の世界の違いにつ いて,改めて教えていただければと思います。というのも「FGO」でTYPE-MOONを知って,月姫世界に触れるのはこれが初めてという人も多いと思うんです。

奈須氏:
     そうですね。端的に言えば,月姫の世界はサーヴァントが存在し得ない世界です。
     「月姫」や「空の境界」「まほよ」で固めてきたTYPE-MOONの世界観は,本来こちらからスタートしています。
     そんなとき,武内から「Fate/stay night」をやろうと持ちかけられ……これは困ったぞと。なにせ月姫世界だと,サーヴァントはちょっと派 手すぎる。「空の境界」では絵に描いていた餅が,現実化してしまう。そうなると全体の重力が狂ってしまう。 なのでFateをやるとしたら,これまで積み上げてきたルールを一旦棚上げするしかありません でした。

4Gamer:
     結果として,Fateによって多くの人がTYPE-MOON世界を知ることになりました。

奈須氏:
     そうですね。幸いにもFateは大きなコンテンツに育ってくれました。なので,これはもう明確に世界を分 けるしかないなと。そうして生まれたのが,先ほどお話しした聖堂教会と魔術協会の二つの年表です。ほぼ同じ だけど,細部が違う。根本で言えば,“朱い月”が現役かそうでないかの違いでしかないんですが 。
    Thanks for finding it.

I think the paraphrasing is pretty accurate. It just trims Nasu's boomer sense of humour.

It does look like it is a power level issue. Servants are basically fighting at a power level that is so fantastical, that it is considered pie-in-the-sky for KnK-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Is it really though? Other than creating Archer and possibly empowering Jeanne, the Counter Force seems to have had fuck-all presence in human history, at least the parts FGO covers.
    Seriously, it's bizzare we haven't gotten another Counter Guardian all these years if it's such a big deal (not counting Assassin Kerry because 1) he is everything wrong with FGO in one character and 2) he barely exists in the game beyond occasionally being part of the "Emiya family" set for collectors.)
    My conspiracy theory is that Nasu explicitly did not let the FGO team do too much with the Counter Guardians.

He is probably saving a deep dive for Mahoyo.

In Mahou 2 the red shadow will take off its shroud to reveal it was EMIYA all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    In Mahou 2 the red shadow will take off its shroud to reveal it was EMIYA all along.
    You need to delete this post.

It gave me cancer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Well there are clearly mechanic differences between Mahoyo/Tsuki worlds and Fate where things become impossible fundamentally. Presumably the CF also has differences with Alaya/Gaia. KnK always felt like the odd one out and if not for adventures I'd probably not consider it a part of Fate at all especially with his sentiment there.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    And I'll clap

Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post
    Thanks for finding it.

I think the paraphrasing is pretty accurate. It just trims Nasu's boomer sense of humour.

It does look like it is a power level issue. Servants are basically fighting at a power level that is so fantastical, that it is considered pie-in-the-sky for KnK-verse.
    Tbh

Spoiler:
    I feel like nasu conception of powerlevels is skewed, as it feels like he looked at all the big singularity villians and beasts and thought 'yes that is standard and normal for history' and amped DAA up far too much, am i the only one to see that? it would be like saying the CCC alter ego's are average servants

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Tbh

Spoiler:
    I feel like nasu conception of powerlevels is skewed, as it feels like he looked at all the big singularity villians and beasts and thought 'yes that is standard and normal for history' and amped DAA up far too much, am i the only one to see that? it would be like saying the CCC alter ego's are average servants
    I don't think that's right at all. You have Saber carrying around an anti-alien weapon made by the planet to protect itself and which is able to blast away the greatest threat the planet ever faced, Gilgamesh has access to not just every magical weapon or equipment in any story but also all things human-made, even those that haven't been invented yet, and already in something like Fragments you have Ozy who is said to be able to easily raze Tokyo with his ship in a very short time.

A lot of old DAA were like "this guy is a forest" or "this guy has dogs for arms". It's quite plain to see that the discrepancy was always there, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    Even as far back as Zero wasn't Iskandar supposed to be able to level Tokyo?

I have to disagree with the saber one as she cant use that by herself. And i should've rephrased it to also add in gil and ozy. But I still feel like focusing on powerlevels is a problem tbh

but anyway, anyone know hwere it was stated in extella the HGW was to get a master for like when sefar comes back or whatever

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Even as far back as Zero wasn't Iskandar supposed to be able to level Tokyo?
    Raze a city in an hour, IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I have to disagree with the saber one as she cant use that by herself. And i should've rephrased it to also add in gil and ozy. But I still feel like focusing on powerlevels is a problem tbh
    Well you asked if it seemed like it was a result of the big fgo villains and Beasts and the answer is that Servants were always very powerful to a large extent, only brought down by the confines of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    I have to disagree with the saber one as she cant use that by herself.
    Hm, yes she can? She only needs a battery to provide enough juice (aka not Shirou). She split the sky vs Rider in the Fate Route, using her own pool, so yeah.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Hm, yes she can? She only needs a battery to provide enough juice (aka not Shirou). She split the sky vs Rider in the Fate Route, using her own pool, so yeah.
    I think they meant the "blast away the greatest threat the planet ever faced" part. Excalibur needs particular conditions to unleash that much power.

I did, i thought that was obvious based on what I said

Apologies,

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Well there are clearly mechanic differences between Mahoyo/Tsuki worlds and Fate where things become impossible fundamentally. Presumably the CF also has differences with Alaya/Gaia. KnK always felt like the odd one out and if not for adventures I'd probably not consider it a part of Fate at all especially with his sentiment there.
    Because it isn't a part of Fate... have we really gotten to the point where Fate has swallowed even the concept of the Nasuverse?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Because it isn't a part of Fate... have we really gotten to the point where Fate has swallowed even the concept of the Nasuverse?
    t. Nasu
    Stop letting hacks write in your settings kthx.

US Friend Code
    It's in the same part of the Nasuverse as Fate as of El-Melloi Adventures, is what they mean.

Something something KnK is a Tsuki world and only Fate stuff is stuck in a segregationists bubble where it has to deal with offbrand versions of the events of other stories.

And FSF is its own bubble cuz Nasu doesnt wanna bother with Narita's other bosses.