Page 7774 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 677472747674772477647769777277737774777577767779778478247874 ... LastLast
Results 155,461 to 155,480 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Why does Alt Arjuna shoot out a horse? Is there an anecdote about it in his legend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna Alter mats, Seasonal Tea's translation
    In Indian mythology, there is a hero whose existence is close to a god who can end and begin everything infinitely. It is from him that the power of destruction was inherited from, and thus Arjuna Alter.
    As far as I know, this description only fits Krishna or Kalki, which in either case Arjuna is able to ape because they're Vishnu avatars. And Kalki in particular is described as either riding a white horse or being a giant with a white horse's head. Another evidence in favor of Kalki being the main "deity" Altjuna is aping is that Kalki is Vishnu's 10th avatar and Altjuna drops a random 第十の…… when loading Maha Pralaya.
    Size

Blog Entries
    Why does Alt Arjuna shoot out a horse? Is there an anecdote about it in his legend?
    One of Arjuna's many epithets is Swetavahana, meaning "one who possess a white horse". He has four* named white horses given to him by Agni and operated by Krishna in his chariot during the war.
    Last edited by Kamera; April 30th, 2023 at 06:22 PM.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    Kayneth is a relatively good dude, and that Waver was a shitter with a garbage thesis
    What sad and/or funny is that Waver feels the exact same way. It's easy to miss under all the weeping over Iskander, but arguably Kayneth's death is Waver's biggest regret about the War.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the El-Melloi class is kind of a super undermine about Waver's "hard work beats natural talent!" thesising, all of his most notable students are natural geniuses and powerhouses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Is there any line to actually differentiate Xians from Shenxians in IRL Taoism? I know some schools says that attain Godhood and Immortality are fairly different things, or that some descriptions says that unlike Xians, Shenxians are naturally born as nature concepts. But I was wondering how exactly the difference works in a modern general sense, or if there isn't one depending on what you're looking in.

Blog Entries
    Xians (仙) are bearded human hermits that got immortality through crippling opium addiction.
    Shenxians (神仙) are Elementals or Divine Spirits that already has natural state of immortality.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    Is there any line to actually differentiate Xians from Shenxians in IRL Taoism?
    Strictly speaking, Shenxian is a RANK. As a Xian you will train and rise through the ranks till you ascend to the highest. Traditionally it is one of the nine ranks a Xian can reach, namely (from lowest to highest): Shangxian, Gaoxian, Taixian, Xuanxian, Tianxian, Zhenxian, Shenxian, Lingxian, Zhixian.

However later on there are other ranking systems, which then put Shenxian into subcategories (it is still a rank). Such as they now have the lower tier Xian (splits into some sub ranks), shenxian (split into some sub ranks), saints (the highest rank, but still have sub ranks). Shenxian and Saints have some overlaps due to several of their members are Da Lua Xians which are yet another way of ranking them but base on different criterias. These rankings then became more and more diverse with the imagination of xianxia writers.

Fate's take on that however, is still unclear. But at least they got Taigong's rank correctly as a Shenxian. His Master Yuanshi however, should be Saint rank (or a Zhixian in traditional ranks).
    I know some schools says that attain Godhood and Immortality are fairly different things
    Chinese gods are more or less titles. Think of Heaven like their feudal government, you have the Emperor (Jade Emperor) and his lower officials (the gods governing other stuffs). Every single of these positions can be changed, including the Jade Emperor himself where there have been several guys taking that post already. So having a godly title isn't as crazy as being a Xian, since you can still die or get fired and a new person will replace you or because the position is too demanding (that's why there are 60 Taisui for example).
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; May 2nd, 2023 at 12:11 PM.

I see, that makes it way more clear. Thanks Mizu!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Xians (仙) are bearded human hermits that got immortality through crippling opium addiction.
    Shenxians (神仙) are Elementals or Divine Spirits that already has natural state of immortality.
    And thanks as well.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still sounds like a cushy existence. Imagine having a job that you only have to do once every 60 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Still sounds like a cushy existence. Imagine having a job that you only have to do once every 60 years.
    Yeah, it is still much much better than some other gods' such as the Stove god who has to stuck in some mortal's kitchen, documenting every single one of their good and bad deeds daily, then report to the Jade Emperor at the end of each month (later changed to each year's end to reduce the torture). You don't even have your fancy divine mounts like a lot of the gods and xians, so the mortals have to give you one in the form of offerings so you can fly up there and report (in Vietnam the mount is a carp, in China it's a horse and the mortals also have to buy grass for that horse because you are such a broke god you can't afford it).

And then you have gods who are just there chilling and watching hot sexy xians dancing, such is Heaven.

Blog Entries
    How does the lesser Holy Grail grant wishes anyways. From my understanding the Holy Grail is just a big pot of mana so do you have to apply that mana to a spell?
    FGO

Like how did the Grail grant Romani his wish of reincarnation? Did the grail make a new body or something.

The Tales of Heroes Awaits

My Servant Compendium

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    How does the lesser Holy Grail grant wishes anyways. From my understanding the Holy Grail is just a big pot of mana so do you have to apply that mana to a spell?
    FGO

Like how did the Grail grant Romani his wish of reincarnation? Did the grail make a new body or something.
    The Lesser grail establishes a link to the Greater Grail. So a wish that's granted by the Lesser grail (6 or fewer Servants) is really just a wish from the Greater Grail running on the magical energy from the Lesser Grail.

The hole in the sky is a hole to the Greater Grail. Shirou falls into the Greater Grail if Gilgamesh pulls him in during the final fight of UBW.
    Last edited by You; May 4th, 2023 at 12:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Officially there's no answer beyond "that's a trait of their magecraft because they're Holy Grails" but one angle to consider is that one of the maids in Hollow (I think Leys?) describes the Einzbern homunculi as artificial Natural Spirits, which matches with how doing something without needing to know any magecraft theory for it is essentially Marble Phantasms.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Officially there's no answer beyond "that's a trait of their magecraft because they're Holy Grails" but one angle to consider is that one of the maids in Hollow (I think Leys?) describes the Einzbern homunculi as artificial Natural Spirits, which matches with how doing something without needing to know any magecraft theory for it is essentially Marble Phantasms.
    I think the secret to the wish granting has to do with how Nasu describes Ilya's circuits as a 3D printer.
    Refer back to how she made Ilya's Castle in Hollow with her wish granting too. Seems like it fits together.

奈須氏:
     MPだけで言うならそうですね。でもほかにも色々な特性・才能がありますから。トランベリオは毎ターンの MP回復量が破格ですし,ゼルレッチは平行世界の運用があるから事実上無限だし。イリヤはMPというより魔 術回路の質がすごい感じ。例えるならもしもボックスというか,何でも叶える3Dプリンタみたい な?
    Last edited by You; May 4th, 2023 at 12:17 AM.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Seems like having Red Eyes and pale hair is an important part of being a spirit

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Lesser grail establishes a link to the Greater Grail. So a wish that's granted by the Lesser grail (6 or fewer Servants) is really just a wish from the Greater Grail running on the magical energy from the Lesser Grail.
    The 360p Grail. Same wishes, lower framerate.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    I've been trying to get a good grasp on the concept of souls/spiritrons, but it's hard. The more I try to learn about it, the more questions I have. So I'm really sorry for all the questions I'm about to ask, I hope you won't mind too much.

As I understand it, Spiritrons were discovered in the Extra Timeline as a way to compensate for the loss of the Third Magic. So by projecting them into a virtual world, they can basically become immortal beings (since it doesn't seem like their virtual bodies are affected by the decay of the soul...).

But spiritrons also seem to be a thing outside of Extra (it's used in a lot of tech created by Atlas, and is also the basis of rayshifting in Chaldea). But how? Isn't it supposed to be something only possible in the world of Extra? Does this mean that it's actually possible to become immortal in the world of FGO? (Or is it only in the Moon Cell that virtual spiritrons are immortal?)

And does the existence of a spiritron and its ability to be projected into a computer mean that it's basically data? Could someone actually make a copy of your soul? For example, if I had a jar of spiritron, could I use it to build a soul? Could someone code a specific soul and then build it with spiritrons? And would it be possible to bypass the decay of the soul by making said copy of the soul and attaching it to a new body (since it's a "new" soul, it wouldn't be attached to a pre-existing body)?

Is it safe to assume that spirits such as wraiths or elementals are made of Spiritrons (since they are "spiritual" beings)?
    Wanna see some historical figures turned into cute anime girls? I got you

His Servant's Compendium
    Frigix's Fridge

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's hell you're walking into.

The easiest answer I can give without driving myself to madness is that in a lot of cases, "spiritron" is just used as a shortening for "virtual spiritron" and that these ("spiritron" and "virtual spiritron") should be thought of as being nominally separate.
    But where are these "spiritrons" actually abbreviations and where are they not? Why do Atlas make golems out of virtual spiritrons? Why is Chaldea made of them? Well, as I said, I will refain.

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    I always understood that spiritrons are the particles that make up the soul, like protons, neutrons and electrons make up physical matter. And just like electrons are used to store "normal" data irl, spiritrons can be used to work with soul data, which cannot, however, be accessed through means that are not specific kinds of magecraft or a supercomputer on the scale of the Moon Cell, due tor the ethereal/spiritual nature of the soul.

So yes, you could build a soul with a theoretical jar of spiritrons but doing that costs absurd amounts of energy according to Extella Link. To circumvent that you'd need blue particles, which are circuits made of spiritrons carrying the necessary information to shape the frame of a soul, making so that you don't have to spend the enormous amounts of time and energy needed for such a task. As far as we know, however, circuits con only be obtained by extracting them from preexisting spiritual frames, like the bodies of servants, so it's not something readily available to every wizard or mage.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigix View Post
    I've been trying to get a good grasp on the concept of souls/spiritrons, but it's hard. The more I try to learn about it, the more questions I have. So I'm really sorry for all the questions I'm about to ask, I hope you won't mind too much.
    A spiritron 霊子 is reference to a 量子 quantum. It takes the idea of the quantum and applies it to the soul. It is the fundamental discrete unit of the soul.

What they did in Extra was not discover virtual spiritrons. They redefined the soul and measured, not the actual soul, but its location (which they called "the soul"). By knowing its location, you can output a copy into a virtual world (information network). Thus an Avatar created with virtual spiritrons.

It's like plugging an external harddrive into a network. As long as you know where the usb port (location of the soul) is, and have a cable (magic circuits), it doesn't matter what the Hard Drive has in it, you can copypasta.
    Last edited by You; May 4th, 2023 at 09:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    What they did in Extra was not discover virtual spiritrons. They redefined the soul and measured, not the actual soul, but its location (which they called "the soul"). By knowing its location, you can output a copy into a virtual world (information network). Thus an Avatar created with virtual spiritrons.
    But doesn't rayshift imply that the location of the soul was also discovered in the world of FGO? It seems to use the same mechanism that in Extra (projection of the soul into the computer / projection of the soul into the past). For it to work they should have somewhat of an idea of the location of the soul right?
    Wanna see some historical figures turned into cute anime girls? I got you

His Servant's Compendium
    Frigix's Fridge