Page 7555 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 655570557455750575457550755375547555755675577560756576057655 ... LastLast
Results 151,081 to 151,100 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Blog Entries
    This has probably been asked before, but if Archer's limitations for projecting divine constructs is raw magical power, could an Archer powered by the grail make an Excalibur and live? Could the Counter-Force give him enough magical energy if required?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Its my favourite headcanon, the counter force uses Archer for everything cuz UBW is just to versatile.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I wonder if he and Assassin Kiritsugu ever worked together on a job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    This has probably been asked before, but if Archer's limitations for projecting divine constructs is raw magical power, could an Archer powered by the grail make an Excalibur and live? Could the Counter-Force give him enough magical energy if required?
    That was most likely a bluff. Or Archer would project something like Gram and die after firing it.

Actual full replication of a Divine construct would be impossible due to him not able to comprehend it.
    Q: What is the limit of replication in UBW? The highest level of NP (sword types) is probably Ea, but while it might be impossible for Shirou, could Archer make it? Also, under the meaning of weapons, to what extent can he make modern weapons? Must it be only blade types or can he make guns and mobile weapons?

A: Divine constructs like Ea and Excalibur are non-replicable. There might be some degraded NPs with similar performance in stock though. Also, since sword is becoming his origin, the weapons that he has stored are fundamentally limited to close combat.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    That’s always seemed a bit strange to me since HF Shirou thinks that his copy of the Jeweled Sword was a failure which should have caused the sword to break based on his projections in the other routes.

Unless Archer’s superior skills means that his projections no longer break when they don’t match his image.
    What Shirou/Archer think don't matter. It's what the World thinks that really matters.

Shirou did not understand the intricacies of Zelretch, but what he got was close enough such that the World did not crush it instantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinom View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked already, so sorry for a repeat if it has. Is UBW able to copy highly advance melee weapons like the lightsaber or for something that looks more like a sword, the power sword from Warhammer 40k? I'm new to the franchise and my friends said this is the forum for fans of the nasuverse.
    I am pretty sure you can make a power sword in your shed.
    You don't need UWB.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinom View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked already, so sorry for a repeat if it has. Is UBW able to copy highly advance melee weapons like the lightsaber or for something that looks more like a sword, the power sword from Warhammer 40k? I'm new to the franchise and my friends said this is the forum for fans of the nasuverse.
    You are thinking too small my friend. The real big brain question is can he copy and project the sword of the emperor or a nemisis level weapon?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    What Shirou/Archer think don't matter. It's what the World thinks that really matters.

Shirou did not understand the intricacies of Zelretch, but what he got was close enough such that the World did not crush it instantly.
    It's actually the other way around, what the world thinks doesn't matter because Shirou has his own world. Which is why Shirou can have a shed of random projected junk for months when projections should only last minutes.

But if what he creates in reality contradicts the image he has of it in his mind, then the projection breaks ( projections being a blatant metaphor for his ideals). But for some reason this didn't happen when he saw his projected jeweled sword and thought that it wasn't anything like the real thing.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Question about the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

The wiki being the wiki, it claims that Shiki Tohno can have retrocognition and precognition, as in he can have visions of the past and the future in extremely specific circumstances related to death. Likewise, Shiki Ryougi is said to be able to see the future "under the influence of her self-suggestion".

Does anyone recall these claims being actually being true? I only know Shiki T. sees Roa's past in TsukiRe, but nothing like that in the original game.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Shirou is unable to project Ea because it predates the concept of a weapon or much of anything, for that matter
    Nah, it's just copyright strike:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Zero Anime Visual Guide II
    Though it is wielded by Gilgamesh, who has the prototypes of every Noble Phantasm, the Sword of Rupture Ea is different from the other Noble Phantasms that can be possessed by other heroes. It alone is a completely unique existence that can only be possessed by Gilgamesh. Therefore, even with Unlimited Blade Works, it is impossible to reproduce it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    Question about the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

The wiki being the wiki, it claims that Shiki Tohno can have retrocognition and precognition, as in he can have visions of the past and the future in extremely specific circumstances related to death. Likewise, Shiki Ryougi is said to be able to see the future "under the influence of her self-suggestion".
    tohno one sounds like bullshit. the ryougi one is a very questionable interpretation of something that happens in paradox spiral. don't read the wiki.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    The wiki being the wiki, it claims that Shiki Tohno can have retrocognition and precognition, as in he can have visions of the past and the future in extremely specific circumstances related to death.
    Sounds like someone thought KT dreamfuckery is generally applicable.

Remake
    Well, Tohno did see Vlov's life right as he saw the latter's line of death or right before he killed Vlov, so maybe?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Forgot about that policy. My b.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Counter or dodging it physically? No, and that's the whole point. He is cheating by distorting time-space so you cannot do anything about it.

The only way to counter it would be through other Mysteries or distorting Causality (which is what Instinct is).

I was kind of getting at you can probably "counter" it by face-tanking it if you are a good Servant.
    Instinct distorts causality? First I ever heard of this.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber surviving GB was put down to Instinct + Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber's CM3 Profile
    Instinct: A
    Instinct is the ability to instantly identify “the best personal course of action” during combat. Because this skill allows for the prediction of trajectory, it is possible to avoid attacks from firearms. At rank A, it is essentially in the realm of predicting the future. Through this ability, it is possible to negate the penalties inflicted by visual and auditory interference to a certain extend.
    Being able to discern Cú Chulainn’s ultimate technique certainly reflects her skills, but having exceptional Instinct also helped her immensely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cu's CM3 Profile
    Gáe Bolg: Spear of Piercing Barbed Death
    Without a great deal of luck (like Artoria), it can be said that this is a technique that determines "if it is released, the opponent is dead."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    don't read the wiki.
    It's usually pretty fun trying to understand where it got its sourceless claims from.
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

I'll be real, I felt that was fishy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    It's actually the other way around, what the world thinks doesn't matter because Shirou has his own world. Which is why Shirou can have a shed of random projected junk for months when projections should only last minutes.

But if what he creates in reality contradicts the image he has of it in his mind, then the projection breaks ( projections being a blatant metaphor for his ideals). But for some reason this didn't happen when he saw his projected jeweled sword and thought that it wasn't anything like the real thing.
    That was most likely a bluff. Or Archer would project something like Gram and die after firing it.

Actual full replication of a Divine construct would be impossible due to him not able to comprehend it.

All right, so the metaphor in writing here is that:

Shirou's power is to be able to make his own world, where his projections can last as long as he wishes, and are comparable to the real thing, especially with the whole fake/true ordeal. Then, we see Archer fighting against himself with this same world, being an incredibly on the nose metaphor for the autophagic nature of his own ideals. But, its influence on power levels essentially means, whatever he idealizes is something he can copy, not necessarily something he can understand. Now, I don't know if Caliburn itself was a Divine Construct, but that was feasible some way I don't remember the intricacies of. Not only that, Shirou needs a lot of Mana to actually make UBW. Case in point, were he able to idealize Excalibur to a level he could find replicable, even though he didn't understand it, as it is a Divine Construct, and he had enough mana (aka Will, the metaphor is right there), it seems to me it would indeed be possible. Unless there's something in a material book that does the whole copyright strike thing to Divine Constructs the same way it does to Ea.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Shirou's power is to be able to make his own world, where his projections can last as long as he wishes, and are comparable to the real thing, especially with the whole fake/true ordeal. Then, we see Archer fighting against himself with this same world, being an incredibly on the nose metaphor for the autophagic nature of his own ideals. But, its influence on power levels essentially means, whatever he idealizes is something he can copy, not necessarily something he can understand. Now, I don't know if Caliburn itself was a Divine Construct, but that was feasible some way I don't remember the intricacies of. Not only that, Shirou needs a lot of Mana to actually make UBW. Case in point, were he able to idealize Excalibur to a level he could find replicable, even though he didn't understand it, as it is a Divine Construct, and he had enough mana (aka Will, the metaphor is right there), it seems to me it would indeed be possible. Unless there's something in a material book that does the whole copyright strike thing to Divine Constructs the same way it does to Ea.
    Caliburn isn't a Divine Construct, Excalibur is. Shirou/Archer can project the former, not the latter. Shirou projecting Caliburn and using it with Artoria is what makes it strong enough to take out Heracles in the Fate route where they're both holding the sword and swinging.

You already got the quote explaining they can't project Divine Constructs earlier, this is pretty clearcut.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Instinct is essentially combat future sight so, like all time-traveling abilities, it fucks around with causality.
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I'll be real, I felt that was fishy.
    Then y'all need to go back to the OG Fate lore.

Q. I have a question about the Servants vs. other character answer in the 9th issue of Comptiq. About a Servant with an average Noble Phantasm, who would have one and what rank would that have been?

A: That's a serious question. The level of the Noble Phantasm would be B, and ability being represented by numbers would be called an average Noble Phantasm. Broken Phantasm, Barrier of the Wind King (C), Gae Bolg (thrown) (B), that sort.
    On the other hand, those with conceptual effects, destiny interference types fall into a special category. With Gae Bolg (regular), no matter how much Arcueid might be superior to Lancer in numbers, she will be killed depending on her luck, you see.
    Instinct: A
    Instinct is the ability to instantly identify “the best personal course of action” during combat. Because this skill allows for the prediction of trajectory, it is possible to avoid attacks from firearms. At rank A, it is essentially in the realm of predicting the future. Through this ability, it is possible to negate the penalties inflicted by visual and auditory interference to a certain extend.
    Being able to discern Cú Chulainn’s ultimate technique certainly reflects her skills, but having exceptional Instinct also helped her immensely.
    - - - Updated - - -

Bro, I literally found you the Nasu interview where the man himself said UBW cannot project Divine Construct.
    I will post it again just for you.

Q: What is the limit of replication in UBW? The highest level of NP (sword types) is probably Ea, but while it might be impossible for Shirou, could Archer make it? Also, under the meaning of weapons, to what extent can he make modern weapons? Must it be only blade types or can he make guns and mobile weapons?

A: Divine constructs like Ea and Excalibur are non-replicable. There might be some degraded NPs with similar performance in stock though. Also, since sword is becoming his origin, the weapons that he has stored are fundamentally limited to close combat.
    Also, your understanding of Shirou's projection is incorrect.
    UBW facilitates Shirou to make a really precise projection.
    How long the projection lasts depends entirely on how fast the World perceives the fake and decides to destroy it.
    Last edited by Araya's Dry Cleaner; September 22nd, 2021 at 04:17 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Also, your understanding of Shirou's projection is incorrect.
    UBW facilitates Shirou to make a really precise projection.
    How long the projection lasts depends entirely on how fast the World perceives the fake and decides to destroy it.
    What the world thinks doesn't matter because Shirou's projections come from his own world.

When Shirou's projections break, it isn't because of the world. It's because he stops believing in them (again, blatant metaphor for ideals).