Page 7586 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 658670867486753675767581758475857586758775887591759676367686 ... LastLast
Results 151,701 to 151,720 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Life force is referred to as "pure magical energy" in Extella materials.
    And you can convert souls into spiritrons, which can then be converted into magical energy. These days anything can be converted into spiritrons and magical energy tbh, even concepts, as long as you have the tech/ability to do so, much more expanded compare to the older works. And I would roll with it rather than the old information.

Blog Entries
    anyone know where this is from?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yamanaka Kotetsu's (Goetia's actual designer) doujin for Winter Comiket 2018.

Blog Entries
    thank you. now i shall scavenge to the end of the internet to find it.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    I was wondering, do servants need to breath? And additionally, are servants able to drown?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    I was wondering, do servants need to breath? And additionally, are servants able to drown?
    I'm fairly certain that Servant's can't drown under normal circumstances. I think they mentioned in the F/GO Summer 2020 event that Servants do not usually drown, but because of the unusual makeup of that Singularity, they could.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah wait, I found a definitive statement about this from Atlantis:

イアソン ……ま、サーヴァントが溺れる訳ないんだし。
    何とかなるだろ。

Jason: "Well, It's not like Servants can drown anyways. She'll be fine."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fate/Protoype: Fragments of Sky Silver Dear My Hero Act 4: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post2190627

Servants were not proper beings, but they could carry out pulmonary respiration as a land type endoskeleton life form.Therefore they were magical beings who do not get energy from oxygen, and probably could endure more than a human, but since they can obtain a form similar to a life form that can inhale air, they can halt their prana cycle if they’re suffocating.Eventually they’d reach their limit because they were made into a substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    Od is basically your life force. Mana is the life force of the natural world. Both will regenerate normally.

Body fluid carries life force regardless of mage or non-mage. Just see all the blood-sucking species. That's how they get power.

I do not give a fuck about dumb theories like this lol.

Yes, I do not see how that is a problem.
    Your soul has nothing to do with having or not having magic energy.

Really, if you want a plain, out-of-universe answer:

Nasu did not know what the fuck to do with Ether, because there are like 5 flavours of it.
    Then the people who helped him write Mahoyo and FGO came to a consensus.

There has basically been a small retcon.

Magic currency = Ether.
    So we can conclude that this life force is absorbed by the magic circuits, converted into magic energy and then used to do magic?

By the way...merry christmas from Mexico!
    Last edited by Jesse1089; December 24th, 2021 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1089 View Post
    So we can conclude that this life force is absorbed by the magic circuits, converted into magic energy and then used to do magic?

By the way...merry christmas from Mexico!
    follow the picture on typemoon wikia ( Fate/Complete Material III). They call both Od and Mana is " Life Force"( 生命力)

And Magic Circuits help to convert them to Magical Energy (魔力, Maryoku).

If follow this way, everything in FSN will easier to understand.

Thinks about Od and Mana as Crude oil. And Magical Energy as Gasoline.

So, when they having sex, they actually transfer "magical energy", not " mana", not "Od". Because Nasu keeps confusing when use the words" Mana, Od is is life force/Magical Energy...

It exists very many method to convert Mana, Od to ME. Medea converts mana from the air. Waver and Iris draw the huge magic circle on the ground, to consume Mana from the soil.
    Autrum use machine to consume victims' Od and convert it to "magical energy".

Fate/Complete Material III

Magic is activated when a magic formula is set into motion. For example, to light a fire with magic, one must contact a magic foundation engraved in the world and activate the magic formula for the phenomenon of “igniting a fire.”
    To run a magic formula, one must first generate mystic energy. As previously mentioned, mystic energy is generated through the conversion of life force with magic circuits. Magic is classified into two major groups depending on whether the internal life force of the magus (Lesser Source = od) is converted into magic power, or whether the external life force of nature (Greater Source = mana) is taken in and converted into energy.
    ---------------
    But. Still the question:

So, Kuzuki actually doesn't transfer any Od/soul/magical energy to Medea ( when they have sex with each other)? Why Nasu doesn't even care to explain it clearly in FSN novel???
    Last edited by kohaku; December 25th, 2021 at 09:44 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    And additionally, are servants able to drown?
    They wouldn't drown from jumping on an ocean of physical water with nothing magical about it, but if they were, say, hit by a Servant's attack whose effect is drowning people, they'd drown like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    follow the picture on typemoon wikia ( Fate/Complete Material III). They call both Od and Mana is " Life Force"

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ty...20111018161141

So, when they having sex, they actually transfer "magical energy", not " mana", not "Od". Because Nasu keeps confusing when use the words" Mana, Od is is life force/Magical Energy...

It exists very many method to convert Mana, Od to ME. Medea converts mana from the air. Waver and Iris draw the huge magic circle on the ground, to consume Mana from the soil.

---------------
    But. Still the question:

So, Kuzuki actually doesn't transfer any Od/soul/magical energy to Medea ( when they have sex with each other)? Why Nasu doesn't even care to explain it clearly in FSN novel???
    Yeah... in many Type Moon anime adaptations (Kara no Kyoukai, Fate UBW) they use the term mana to refer to magical energy...so I suppose that mana, od and magical energy are interchangeable terms...
    Last edited by Jesse1089; December 25th, 2021 at 04:10 PM.

Yeah... in many Type Moon anime adaptations they use the term mana to refer to magical energy...so I suppose that mana, od and magica energy are interchangeable terms...
    Basically the flow is this:

Od (internal life force)/Mana (external life force) -> Magic Circuits -> Ether -> Foundation -> Spell Effect

Of course special people can bypass some of the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    follow the picture on typemoon wikia ( Fate/Complete Material III). They call both Od and Mana is " Life Force"

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ty...20111018161141

---------------
    But. Still the question:

There is a interesting thing about transfering circuits someone linked a week or two ago from teh sites creator, back from 2002 and man you can feel some of that lore changed

Of course question, how are foundations made, magecraft ones, as circuits interface with foundations so how does one make a foundation....
    Last edited by Byegod; December 25th, 2021 at 04:32 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Foundations is just fancy terminology for culture, tradition and religion.

Then why do they say flat makes his own for every spell

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Individual foundations independent of land like oral tradition and family teachings can exist.

No idea about Flat, but he's weird and does impossible things so

Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    Basically the flow is this:

Od (internal life force)/Mana (external life force) -> Magic Circuits -> Ether -> Foundation -> Spell Effect

Of course special people can bypass some of the steps.
    Can we consider it as a translation error when using the term mana when referring to magic energy? or according to what we have been able to read from Nasu, can they be interchangeable concepts?...I've wondered this for a long time....

I remember that in the UBW anime there are many times that the word mana is used to refer to magic energy...
    Last edited by Jesse1089; December 25th, 2021 at 04:47 PM.

Can we consider it as a translation error when using the term mana when referring to magic energy? or according to what we have been able to read from Nasu, can they be interchangeable concepts?

I remember that in the UBW anime there are many times that the word mana is used to refer to magic energy ...I've wondered this for a long time....
    It's not really translation error.

Nasu uses ruby texts very liberally. There are times in the visual novel when the text is "magical energy", but the ruby text is "mana". The translator just used "mana" because that was the author's intent. However, you never saw the kanji, so you have no idea of the context.

Ideas get lost in translation all the time. That's why some times you read the stuff I translated and it sounds retarded, because I try to lay out all the context and word play.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can we consider it as a translation error when using the term mana when referring to magic energy? or according to what we have been able to read from Nasu, can they be interchangeable concepts?

I remember that in the UBW anime there are many times that the word mana is used to refer to magic energy ...
    It depends on context

Quote Originally Posted by day 1
    ""
    The power that fills me is pure magical energy from the air.
    It is absorbed by my body, which has become a circuit, and transformed into a different form of magical energy.
    The body of a magus is nothing more than a circuit.
    A circuit to connect the spiritual and the real.
    We call the result of this, the many mystic occurrences it has made real, magic.
    "But then, the jewels have limited capacities and I cannot control magical energy outside me.
    The magical energy inside the jewels is just an ignition to instantly activate a large-scale magic."

"…? Um, so you're putting your magical energy into the jewels as a backup?"
    If the red line line was translated to "the power that fills me is pure mana" it would be fine.
    If the blue line was translated to "a different form of mana" it could be fine.
    If the green line was translated to "you're putting your mana into the jewels" it would not be fine.

Magical energy is a neutral word. Mana implies the magical energy is from the environment.
    There are many times when the text does not tell you where the magical energy is coming from, translating it as mana is taking a position on the text.
    At those times, whether it is a provable mistake is arguable because it very well COULD be that the character is using external magical energy; however, I believe most would consider it bad form, since magical energy, the neutral version of the term exists for that reason.
    Last edited by You; December 25th, 2021 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I think we have come to the conclusion a long time ago that you cannot interrogate the translations for concrete answers.

If you want concrete answers, you have to translate the prose literally, which does not result in a pleasant reading experience. Japanese is a much denser language than English.