Page 7393 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 639368937293734373837388739173927393739473957398740374437493 ... LastLast
Results 147,841 to 147,860 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Yeah Around Round Table, that was it. So it's Tachie's.
    Where is Mash getting Mana Defense from? It's not in her mats.
    Mana Defense is mentioned under her Possession Inheritance as a Skill she got from Galahad. So it's a pretty natural assumption he has it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ninja'ed.

US Friend Code
    Thanks

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    BOND 4Succeed Phantasm: ?
    A special skill usable by Demi-Servants.
    The user can succeed one skill from the possessed Heroic Spirit, and then make it into the user's own skill
    In the case of Mash, the skill is "Magical Defense." Similar with "Mana Burst", the user transforms magical energy into defensive ability.
    If it's a Heroic Spirit with tremendous amount of magical energy, it's possible to create a wall protecting an entire nation.
    I think that's where the wiki editor got it from.

- - - Updated - - -

damn, zetta slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

So what would happen if someone summoned a caster before there foundation that they used magic in existed

like say.... paracelsus in the year 400 AD
    Last edited by Byegod; June 27th, 2020 at 05:03 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Servants take their stuff with them. The Throne doesn't care about linear time. Amakusa could presumably do his stuff even in 2700BC in Babylonia.

Also alchemy dates back to the first century AD, I'm pretty sure?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    So where does the whole "Illya survived in Archer's HGW but died after a year" thing come from? It's not in the OP doc, searching this thread has a lot of people talking about it in '13-'15ish but never posting a source (but the search engine wouldn't catch images anyhow), and I checked the LP but it's not in the HF Archer death scene.

Is it from the VN, some side material, an interview, Tiger Colosseum, or what?

I think in Fate somewhere it's said that Ilya's lifespan ends one year after the 5th HGW

The Archer thing would probably then stem from how Nasu said Archer's HGW was similar to Shirou's Fate route, minus a true understanding with Saber

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Servants take their stuff with them. The Throne doesn't care about linear time. Amakusa could presumably do his stuff even in 2700BC in Babylonia.
    Even if it doesn't work like that, most Casters have the Territory Creation skill. I imagine they'd be capable of setting up a "fragment" of their foundations.

JP Friend Code
    And if you are in an area extremely compatible with your magecraft + has top class magic energy quality, like a certain Crypter in LB5, you might as well become god.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Even if it doesn't work like that, most Casters have the Territory Creation skill. I imagine they'd be capable of setting up a "fragment" of their foundations.
    That wouldn't work at all.

"Foundation" is not a piece of land. It is a concept imprinted on the World. An example that is used a lot is Catholicism. Baptism works because billions of people in the World believe it works, the idea is "registered" with the World.

If you are TRULY using something that has no foundation, it would fizzle.

However, for mages/Casters, it is highly unlikely. Remember, magecraft is more or less on a course of decline since Age of Gods. We are rapidly losing knowledge rather than truly inventing new things.

Also alchemy dates back to the first century AD, I'm pretty sure?
    The Association was founded at that time.

ALL the magical disciplines pre-date that by a long long time.

Alchemy descends from Greek thought and Egyptian Metallurgy so.

Atlas definitely has Egyptian aesthetics, just look at Dust of Osiris and Hermes.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What the hell does Ophelia's Mystic Eyes do? I don't get how observing possibilities and pinning translates into what we actually see it do in the story.
    It is able to form a connection to Surtr, mess with Ortenaus Auto-Repair in a manner that's described like rewinding time (?), partially restore Sigurd's Spirit Core (?), reverse the effect of Brynhildr's Odinseal...

So where does the whole "Illya survived in Archer's HGW but died after a year" thing come from? It's not in the OP doc, searching this thread has a lot of people talking about it in '13-'15ish but never posting a source (but the search engine wouldn't catch images anyhow), and I checked the LP but it's not in the HF Archer death scene.

Is it from the VN, some side material, an interview, Tiger Colosseum, or what?
    The Illya dies in 1 year in Archer route is conjecture from Hotspring tiger dojo saying Fate Shirou doesn't turn into Archer cuz he has Illya and Zouken droping hints twice that Illya has 1, 1.5 years left. I think it's the Zouken and Illya interlude before alter and the one with heavens dress

Also the punchline of the hotspring tiger dojo is that they are already dead in heaven.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    What the hell does Ophelia's Mystic Eyes do? I don't get how observing possibilities and pinning translates into what we actually see it do in the story.
    It is able to form a connection to Surtr, mess with Ortenaus Auto-Repair in a manner that's described like rewinding time (?), partially restore Sigurd's Spirit Core (?), reverse the effect of Brynhildr's Odinseal...
    The surtr thing was just looking at possibilities and found him.
    It pins down a possibility to stop it from happening so something else can happen.
    So the auto-repair future will not be happening a different future (she doesn't get to choose but she can see what it'll be) will be happening instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm Luke View Post
    If you are TRULY using something that has no foundation, it would fizzle.
    Shirou's reinforcement doesn't have a foundation. It's just him plugging up gaps with magical energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    To appreciate just how big a deal her Mystic Eye is, you need to understand the tiers of Mystic Eyes.

Her Mystic Eye is "Jewel" tier, the only thing above it that we know of is Crimson Moon's. It's on the same tier as the Gorgon, essentially a Servant level Mystic Eyes.

In terms of potency of Mystic Eyes, destiny-interference is considered the pinnacle. The reason Mystic Eyes of Death Perception is considered so dangerous is precisely because it falls into the destiny-inference category.

Knowing all this, her Mystic Eyes of Postponement is a huge deal. It basically grants limited future-sight and allows for destiny-interference to delay/avoid undesired events.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Shirou's reinforcement doesn't have a foundation. It's just him plugging up gaps with magical energy.
    Reinforcement is literally one of the most basic spell. Shirou does it through the application of Unlimited Blade Works. Unorthodox, yes. Doesn't have a foundation? No.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A magical theory engraved into the world. It’s strength is greatly influenced by the faith and the collective unconscious of the people.
    As a Mystery propagates, it loses power. However, the reason they become more stable as knowledge about them spreads, though it may seem contradictory at first glance, is because of this system of Magical Foundations.
    In the present day, the most widespread and most powerful Magical Foundation is the “Teachings of God,” used by the Holy Church.
    Of course, there also exist families who develop magical formulas entirely independent of such Foundations, and weirdos like Flat who “build an entirely new formula from scratch every time.”

He’s just making magical energy and putting it into something. His circuits aren’t connecting to a foundation and activating a spell formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

He’s just making magical energy and putting it into something. His circuits aren’t connecting to a foundation and activating a spell formula.
    The Foundation is intrinsic.

Priests are not mages, but Baptism rite is a spell that can be casted.

You don't look for a specific Foundation when you cast a spell. It's more the World looks for a Foundation to decide whether what you are doing is allowed.

Types of magic in which attributes are used have high versatility and have a wide range of applications, so what I will be introducing here are not representative of magic in which attributes are used; these are simply a few examples. Among these, there are also types of magic which have a high degree of freedom compared to even magic of the same attribute and have no set form of execution, just like reinforcement.
    [...]
    The addition of meaning through attributes will change the usage of elemental magic. The reinforcement ability of Shirou, who has no elemental alignment, will fall in a special category.
    Tbh I just assume everything Shirou does is some flavour of sword magic. But maybe foundations come into play in nature interference/recreation of phenomena and not the (self-)application of magical energy in basic ways. Or maybe the attributes that give magic meaning are inherently accounted for in the foundation itself.