Page 7570 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 657070707470752075607565756875697570757175727575758076207670 ... LastLast
Results 151,381 to 151,400 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Thanks for the answers...another question...the world, Alaya and the Counterforce are synonyms? are they all the same thing?

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I dont think many had such long rests, usually it was like a day as you all said

Maybe some obscure spells i could see having long restrictions but 7 days seems quite harsh even by old 'you die lol -gygax' type Dnd
    I think 7 days makes a decent amount of sense if you consider how large Rin's reserves are. Her capacity is like twenty times larger than a normal magus. Assuming it doesen't restore itself twenty times faster too, it would take a while to restore itself without any mana from her lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1089 View Post
    Hi, I'm a Newbie and I have a Question about the differences between Magic Circuits and Magic Crest...it is a Magic Crest a bunch of artificial magic circuits???
    Like the others said, magic circuit are what lets your body use magecraft, connecting yourself to a magecraft system and being responsible for the generation, conversion and flow of magical energy inside your body and even allowing you to absorb magical energy from the enviroment.

Magic Crests on the other hand are basically a representation of your families accomplishments, letting you access the knowledge they accumulated over generations and stored inside it, allowing you to use the spells very easily and it even notably enhances the power of your magecraft. We know originally they're based around mystic codes(magic items) or parts of magical creatures.

Though Magic Crests come with a lot of difficulty, as they're basically new organs, so they can normally only be transfered among blood relatives, require regular consumption of medication and herbs, and even then are incredibly dangerous to transfer to children after puberty had set it. They are also incredibly painful to use, much more so than regular magecraft, Rin compares it to feeling like your nerves are made out of thornes, and she talks about how she sometimes thinks of cutting her arm off.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the answers...another question...the world, Alaya and the Counterforce are synonyms? are they all the same thing?
    https://www.tmdict.com/en/yo.counter-force

It seems the Counter Force sits at a level of combination of the two of some sort. It's meant to prolong the existence of the world as we know it, and that is in the interest of both Alaya and Gaia. However, the battle between Alaya and Gaia goes into a sort of fantasty environmentalism, especially with stories such as Notes. of the planet being destroyed as a result of human advancement.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Then when Archer says he made a pact with the world...this world is the counter force? Alaya?

Blog Entries
    It's more complicated than I can answer. But, I'll try it anyways.

What he refers to as 'the world' is a bit unclear to me. Due to the nature of the tsukihime/fate split, wherein the tsuki worlds gaia prevails, and in the fate worlds, alaya prevails, it could be that the world he refers to is Alaya. However, I don't think that's necessarily the case. Yet, that would mean that the alternative is that the world he refers to, or that material books describe, is the counter force, and I'm not too keen on that either. I don't have a definitive answer, but those are the questions I'd be asking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    But... if everyone's super, no one will be!
    The best way to balance is buff everyone to shit. If everybody has a bazooka, an smg and three tanks, yeah, they won't be as effective or as dispar as one guy having three tanks and the rest carrying bullet casings. Yet, everybody still has a handheld bomb.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You're thinking too hard about it imo, Fate makes it pretty clear it's Alaya. The page you linked does too.

Individuals who became Heroes through the aspect of Alaya are said to be integrated into Alaya after death. However, the accuracy of this statement is uncertain.
    These individuals are also called Counter Guardians. The emphasis here is “Counter,” because they have no autonomy and will only activate in response to an event.
    That's what Archer is.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I see. I think the paragraph about both Alaya and Gaia messed me up a bit.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Yep...I understand that but in the original visual novel Rin says that Archer made a pact with world, that's why I'm confused about it and the reason that I asked about if those three concepts are synonym...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yep...I understand that but in the original visual novel Rin says that Archer made a pact with world, that's why I'm confused about it and the reason that I asked about if those three concepts are synonym...
    "The World" is a general word used to refer to Gaia, Alaya or both. You have to differentiate it from context. It's like when they call Servants Heroic Spirits. They're not, Servants are a facet of the true Heroic Spirit squeezed into a Class container, but they use it as synonyms in prose anyway.
    Archer made a pact with Alaya and became one of its Counter Guardians.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    What's the difference between Ophelia's mystic eye and Musashi's eyes? Seems like they do mostly the same thing.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    What's the difference between Ophelia's mystic eye and Musashi's eyes? Seems like they do mostly the same thing.
    Ophelia can pin down a possibility and deny it. Which means it won't happen, but anything else besides that can happen.
    Musashi can cut down all possibilities to arrive at the one she wants. Which means only the thing she wants will happen (if it's possible).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    Would Shirou or EMIYA be able to trace a sapient weapon like Oki-tan's sword, or would that be impossible due to likely having a soul of some sort?
    Fate Shirou does noted this after seeing Merodach.

That… is a familiar sword.
    The ornamentation on it is different.
    But its true nature, the idea of its creation, and its soul are too close to those of this sword
    So swords or at least nps do seems to have souls.

So Counter Force, Alaya and "The World" are pretty much the same thing...

Ophelia's eye is "This 1 thing wont fucking happen EVER"
    Musashi's is "This 1 thing will happen"

Ophelia will be trapped in a room with combustible toxic gas and make sure it wont ignite, but she'll still choke to death
    Musashi will say,i will get out of this room and she'll succeed despite the gas exploding, and choking her, and Sasaki Kojiro appearing out of nowhere and pelting her with molotovs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ophelia's mystic eye is about running away from an undesired future.
    Musashi's mystic eyes are about making a future you wish for to occur.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Fate Shirou does noted this after seeing Merodach.
    That… is a familiar sword.
    The ornamentation on it is different.
    But its true nature, the idea of its creation, and its soul are too close to those of this sword
    So swords or at least nps do seems to have souls.
    soul
    the essence or embodiment of a specified quality.
    "he was the soul of discretion"

That being "royal selection". If famous swords had souls in the spiritual sense, they'd be Heroic Spirits. Also I contest the "and" conjunction there.

それは、見覚えのある剣だった。
     装飾は違う。
     だが物の本質、作られた理念、その魂が、あまりにもこの剣と似すぎている

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Remake
    So, if Calvaria's Star is the pinnacle of human Magecraft in Tsuki:Are, does it exist in Fate worlds, and who might be able to pull it off? Fate Ciel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Remake
    So, if Calvaria's Star is the pinnacle of human Magecraft in Tsuki:Are, does it exist in Fate worlds, and who might be able to pull it off? Fate Ciel?
    Tsukihime Remake
    Technically nobody, since it requires the use of Be'ze's Idea Blood, and as far as we know, Idea Blood does not exist in the Fate worlds.

I know that sounds like a bit of a cop-out answer though. Since Roa does exist in Fate worlds, I imagine Ciel's role is fairly similar. She might thus still be a magecraft genius (from just having inherited Roa's knowledge, of course) together with her scary magical potential. She's a good bet.

Spoiler:
    god know, theres too many what ifs in that statement.

Like, do equivalent ingredients exist? If Calvaria Star is made from Be'ze idea blood what would you even replace it with?
    Even if we somewhat accept that Ciel still somehow ends up in the church due to superpowers attracting superpowers, with Roa dead at the hands of Dantes, Ciel doesnt actually get her turbo charged magic knowledge to turn her into a instant archmage.
    Most likely answer is that, "Something" exists in fate worlds, and its refered to as the pinnacle of magecraft, but its probably not Calvaria Star

The idea of pinnacle of magecraft is too generic, its impossible not to exist, but it doesnt need to have any relation with Calvaria star...ignoring that authors and multiverses sometimes take the easy way out and might make their "pinnacle" similar and claims its just because "its the same status, therefore the same thing"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by 4gamer interview
    魔術的にも頂点の一つと言って過言ではないという。
    One of the pinnacles of magecraft, by the way. Not the pinnacle of magecraft.