Page 7461 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 646169617361741174517456745974607461746274637466747175117561 ... LastLast
Results 149,201 to 149,220 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
    From Interlude 7-1:
    Spoiler:
    Once swarmed by these lust worms, men will have their spine crushed, brain sucked, and will be made into a cripple.
    The worms will transform when attacking a woman, so that they are only able to violate her nerves. They will spread their tentacles all over her body and devour her spirit.

The lust worms will wet the woman's skin with their mucus, excite and destroy her central nerves of pleasure, and satisfy their hunger.
    It must be their instincts, as the worms seem to love the woman's womb. They do not eat female flesh, but seek the organs within them.

They give the woman huge enough orgasms to fry her brain, and they go into her body to devour her placenta.
    Unwilling to eat human flesh, the worms have only one way to get what they desire.
    As a result, the woman's mind and body are completely violated and destroyed.
    The name "lust worm" must come from such characteristics.

Actually, how can they get a placenta if the woman's body isn't pregnant?
    Looking at it reasonably, this might be about stem cells, not placenta in general.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I literally posted my source, man.
    Your source doesn't support your statements though. Like eddyak said, alien mindsets are essentially a thing of the past with regards to having a RM, and Shirou most definitely does not have UBW because of it.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I literally posted my source, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Your source doesn't support your statements though. Like eddyak said, alien mindsets are essentially a thing of the past with regards to having a RM, and Shirou most definitely does not have UBW because of it.
    This. RMs started out as an alien thing, some being or another overwrote their surroundings with their own weird alien logic, and a magus went "holy shit what if i could do that", and presumably spent decades learning to turn his inner philosophy inside out reliably with magic, and he really hated those red sabers and giant redheads who could somehow could pull off something that was almost the same, but without spending their lives in musty rooms reading old tomes and drawing out magic circles.

The source doesn't say alien mindsets are the reason RMs exist, it just talks about them having been the first ones to do that sort of thing.

Reality Marble [Unusual talent]
    Intrinsic Field.
    Originally referred to the alien common sense possessed by the beings called devils, but now also includes the unique boundary fields possessed by many people.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Also, note that Shirou's not extraordinarily messed-up or anything. When you get down to it, he just has a serious case of survivor's guilt.

IMHO "alien common sense" sounds more like Shiki Tohno's "I can see death and doing so is actively damaging my brain" thing. Except even more so. Actually, come think of it, have we even seen a devil/demon with a reality marble or is that been relegated to just general worldbuilding stuff?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not that you mentioned it, we've only seen Reality Marbles on Dead Apostles, Servants, and Shirou, who got there by copying a Servant.

Blog Entries
    If you want to inherit a reality marble, have its original user killed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Not that you mentioned it, we've only seen Reality Marbles on Dead Apostles, Servants, and Shirou, who got there by copying a Servant.

IIRC doesn't Kerry's time magic also count as a RM (just an internal one), because he uses the Barrier between The Self/The World to create a Bounded Field that isolates the inside from The World's influence to manipulate time?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Necromancer Amakusa?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    IIRC doesn't Kerry's time magic also count as a RM (just an internal one), because he uses the Barrier between The Self/The World to create a Bounded Field that isolates the inside from The World's influence to manipulate time?
    yes. Time alter is a RM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zero season 1 animation mats
    Innate Time Control
    magecraft
    Kiritsugu’s self-taught time-manipulation magecraft in which he creates a reality marble inside his body in order to manipulate time inside his body. It is Kiritsugu’s personal method of utilizing the Emiya family’s magecraft. He adapted the technique to make it suitable for combat. Time manipulation is typically a large scale thaumaturgical ritual, but by limiting the effects to within his own body, he can use it efficiently in small intervals. By accelerating or decelerating time within his body, he can perform actions otherwise impossible, however it takes a severe toll on his body.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    If you want to inherit a reality marble, have its original user killed

I wonder how that would work if you already have a RM? Like, what happens if Nero eats Shirou? Does Nero have two RM now? Does one override the other? Do they combine to become a Super RM?

Blog Entries
    Im kinda inclined to think trying to absorb a second world egg probably wouldn’t work to well, though maybe if it was Nero specifically he could pull it off.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post

yes. Time alter is a RM.
    But isn't a RM about applying it to the world, not just yourself?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    i mean, not really? or at least, its only important how big you need to expand the world egg. If you can do whatever you need it to at small enough to still be human sized, why not?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I guess Shirou doing his sword thing is him using his RM after all, but we only really refer to him using UBW when he goes full expansion. I think that's where I get tied up. Anything less than full deployment feels more like a certain technique or a single facet rather than the full thing, even though they both draw from the same ability and just vary by the scope applied to it.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Shirou generating UBW internally is also what's slowly killing him in Heaven's Feel, and why he starts sprouting blades towards the end.

And Nero Chaos is just all about that internal reality marble, of course.

US Friend Code
    Untranslated Case Files spoiler question
    Spoiler:
    Do we know how Morgan got ahold of Logos React?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    I don't think she ever did.

The Logos React Replica was loaned through a contract between Atlas and the Blackmore cemetery, and the Blackmore cemetery needed to be in Gray's village because the village has unspecified connection to Morgan. The implication is that some time after Arthuria's death/Morgan's disappearance, Morgan carried Arthuria's corpse and Rhongo to Gray's village, and this was before the King Arthur cult even started. I don't know if the last 3 volumes establish whether or not Morgan established the cult herself.

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    Oh, I was under the impression that the Corpse King was created with the actual Logos React, not the Replica.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Also, note that Shirou's not extraordinarily messed-up or anything. When you get down to it, he just has a serious case of survivor's guilt.

IMHO "alien common sense" sounds more like Shiki Tohno's "I can see death and doing so is actively damaging my brain" thing. Except even more so. Actually, come think of it, have we even seen a devil/demon with a reality marble or is that been relegated to just general worldbuilding stuff?
    Another issue with claiming you need an alien common sense in order to express an RM, and then pointing at Shirou, is that if one thinks having massive survivor's guilt and a fucked up view of their own self-worth is enough to be "alien", what if one has say, for example, autism? Shouldn't autistics be popping out RMs then?

Blog Entries
    what makes you think they aren't
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    broke: autistic
    woke: neuroatypical
    nasu: esper
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3