Page 7449 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 644969497349739974397444744774487449745074517454745974997549 ... LastLast
Results 148,961 to 148,980 of 157483

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    Does Arthur have Avalon? or did it got mentioned in Protoype, ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto script
    Responding to Ayaka’s scream, a Command Spell emerged from her chest.
    (* It was not a Command Spell, rather it was a Holy Relic previously buried into her body.)
    Lancer’s spear thrust into Ayaka’s chest.
    However, Lancer reacted with a frown of dismay.
    Ayaka’s chest began to gather light. The summoning circle rotated on the ground like a puzzle, coming into completion.
    I think the "holy relic" alluded to here is supposed to be the sheath.

Okay I'm gonna rephrase my earlier question.

Is merlin the one who decides ownership of Avalon or saber?

Is there anywhere that says whether dead apostle-ization is something Crimson Moon "gave" to humanity or if it's a perk inherent to humanity? Can a magus turning himself into a dead apostle be thought of as using "CM-foundation magecraft"? I always get confused whenever I think about CM's place in regards to everything else. I used to think it was inherent but with Salem ghouls turning into fish monsters I guess it's the same thing happening but with a different type of monster?

Gilgamesh doesn't know what Dead Apostles are, so they presumably didn't exist in 3000BC Mesopotamia. Crimson Moon answered Gaia's call around 2000BC, so it's possible Dead Apostles started popping up a few hundred years after Gil and that suspiciously lines up with Crimson Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolly Battory View Post
    Is there anywhere that says whether dead apostle-ization is something Crimson Moon "gave" to humanity or if it's a perk inherent to humanity? Can a magus turning himself into a dead apostle be thought of as using "CM-foundation magecraft"? I always get confused whenever I think about CM's place in regards to everything else. I used to think it was inherent but with Salem ghouls turning into fish monsters I guess it's the same thing happening but with a different type of monster?
    Dead apostles are an unintended consequence insofar as the vampiric impulse of the first True Ancestors was an unforeseen flaw. Generally speaking, a dead apostle is a creature with an imperfect immortality that requires material from other beings to reconstruct their bodies, so the ones who became dead apostles as a result of their magic are probably qualified according to that criterion. The bloodsucking impulse too, but there was a line of thought that questioned whether the magi-turned-DA were specifically compelled to drink blood rather than simply take in genetic material by whatever method (and another on whether drinking blood specifically was for dead apostles not a compulsion [as the psychological need of the TA] but simply another way to take in genetic material along with using animals or having an all-inclusive buffet like Nrvnqsr), so put an asterisk to that.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Gilgamesh doesn't know what Dead Apostles are, so they presumably didn't exist in 3000BC Mesopotamia. Crimson Moon answered Gaia's call around 2000BC, so it's possible Dead Apostles started popping up a few hundred years after Gil and that suspiciously lines up with Crimson Moon.
    The ghetto math tentatively places Crimson Moon's descent at 3000BC (concurrent with ORT's arrival in response to the same SOS call) and certainly no later than 2000BC (the age of the Elder Title DAA), any assumptions about whether the TA got thirsty immediately after they were born or whether the Elder Titles are representative of the age of the oldest emerging Ancestors (the original 27) or simply of the Ancestors that are still alive (most probable, as one of the oldest three was magic-turned) notwithstanding. My guess at why Gil doesn't know what a dead apostle is in SF is either the nature of the hybrid world or the history denial spiel, rather than the timeline lining up.
    Last edited by Leftovers; November 8th, 2020 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    The ghetto math tentatively places Crimson Moon's descent at 3000BC (concurrent with ORT's arrival in response to the same SOS call) and certainly no later than 2000BC (the age of the Elder Title DAA), any assumptions about whether the TA got thirsty immediately after they were born or whether the Elder Titles are representative of the age of the oldest emerging Ancestors (the original 27) or simply of the Ancestors that are still alive (most probable, as one of the oldest three was magic-turned) notwithstanding. My guess at why Gil doesn't know what a dead apostle is in SF is either the nature of the hybrid world or the history denial spiel, rather than the timeline lining up.
    I guess the "4000 years back" thing was counted from Arc's birth and not 199X then? Or I'm completely fucking up every number in my pea-sized brain then

I counted both from the present. 199x - 5000 because of Overcount and 199x - 4000 because the dictionaries talked about DAA in the context of Tsukihime's events.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I wish Gil knowing about TA in Battle Moon Wars was canon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of Dead Apostles, I was re-watching Fate/Zero and I got to the flashback episodes with Natalia on the plane overrun with Ghouls and Natalia mentions she managed to get to the cockpit without being bit, and that had me thinking since she's a Mixed-Blood... do we have a definitive statement as to whether that affects being turned, I dunno like say in "I, Legend" where humans have different tolerance levels to the zombie virus.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I thought Gil or Enkidu was aware of similar bloodsucking species, but not DAs? I think this was mentioned when Richard and Enkidu met?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, quick clarification, but TAs are all descendants/offshoots of Crimson Moon and not just elementals created by the planet like Hinako?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post

Also, quick clarification, but TAs are all descendants/offshoots of Crimson Moon and not just elementals created by the planet like Hinako?
    Yeah, they are extremely similar to elementals like Hinako, but by definition TA are descendants of Crimson Moon.

US Friend Code
    Is the entire Moon Cell in the Imaginary Numbers Sea or just the far side? Or neither and I'm completely misinformed?

The Moon Cell is on the moon, and the digital world is inside of it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Well yes but I thought Imaginary Numbers were involved somewhere

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    If the Moon Cell Core is a cell where the light of heavenly fire is imprisoned, this is the Garden of the Fallen, built from imaginary numbers.

Though we call it an arena, that place is still the far side of the moon…a “world that is not,” constructed from imaginary numbers.
    The Far Side's made of imaginary numbers, which is at the root of a lot of what happens in CCC and related things.

What the heck are imaginary numbers?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Sakura's "it exists but not really" magecraft.

In GO the Shadow Border and Nemo's Nautilus sail through a world made of them.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    What the heck are imaginary numbers?
    The square roots of negative numbers

Ugh, forget I even asked.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Imagine Numbers stuff is basically space pockets, which include a whole inner world to the Earth.