Page 7379 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 637968797279732973697374737773787379738073817384738974297479 ... LastLast
Results 147,561 to 147,580 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Hell we can break it down simpler then that.

The Grail is like a big Calculator. Yes, you can input the
    Ritual
    Equation
    and get the correct
    Servant
    Answer
    any number of times, but if you don't show your working the teacher will still fail you on your homework.
    damnit

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    How does that work with casters who all know the same magic? we have multiple tamamo's or medea's at chaldea who all know the same magics
    In addition to what neveron said, I think you might also be overestimating the rate at which mystery degrades. Something like the body isn't mystical anymore because EVERYONE knows how it works. Just because there are like 3 different Tamamos in Chaldea who might all know the same mysteries probably wouldn't matter much, considering there are a BUNCH of magi who all know the same stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    damnit

In addition to what neveron said, I think you might also be overestimating the rate at which mystery degrades. Something like the body isn't mystical anymore because EVERYONE knows how it works. Just because there are like 3 different Tamamos in Chaldea who might all know the same mysteries probably wouldn't matter much, considering there are a BUNCH of magi who all know the same stuff.
    Maybe im overthinking this, maybe iunno anymore

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Servants being inhuman is a bit of a repeated theme. The main thing is a larger theme of "the dead don't have a say in how the world works anymore", which contrasts with the Servants who get incarnated and immediately decide that they have a say again (e.g. Gilgamesh, Amakusa, Solomon, various post-winning plans like Iskander's WW3 reunion tour). I haven't read it, but I also heard something about how that one Dantes' short story makes a point about how Servants are just as inhuman as Dead Apostles?

They're ghosts. They're still people, sure, but so are vampires and homunculi and dragons and gods and they don't get to rule the world either; the world quite literally belongs to humanity now, and humanity's collective unconsciousness will reshape it as it will. Ghosts aren't human, aren't even alive, so they aren't part of all that.

I guess a Servant could fuck stuff up by intentionally spreading knowledge or something (e.g. Paracelsus), but one Servant would be more than enough to do that and summoning more would just shorten the publishing time (unless too many cooks spoil the broth, which wouldn't be unlikely given the egos involved).

Blog Entries
    If someone tells you that "the dead don't have a say in how the world works anymore" you should simply kill them and see how they feel about it
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    If someone tells you that "the dead don't have a say in how the world works anymore" you should simply kill them and see how they feel about it
    Except if you kill someone you're violating their rights while they're still alive, not after they're dead. Living people have a desire not to die, but dead people don't have a desire to live. Personally I do believe that dead people's desires (more accurately, living people's desires concerning things that happen after they die) matter morally to at least some extent. Otherwise it's hard to see how you could justify condemning, say, necrophilia, if not based on a person's right over what happens to their body after death, or for that matter why wills have any legitimacy whatsoever when the writer is no longer alive to enforce them. But your argument doesn't really prove anything on its own.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    "I'll kill you first".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Maybe im overthinking this, maybe iunno anymore
    Medea's magic wasn't strictly hers in the first place. She studied it at the Temple of Hecate, and it was just a part of her general education. It stands for a reason to assume that a handful of people could do the same even in the AoG - at least in theory.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; May 9th, 2020 at 02:05 PM.

Also consider what AoG magic is. Divine words are a contract with gods to use a small bit of their authority so when you say X, X magic happens.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Here's a question, I don't remember what a person who is possessed by a servant is called, like Jeanne in Apocrypha or Ishtarin, but with he pre-allowance that people have different "scores" for their potential of being a vessel to a heroic spirit, would the direct descendant of a heroic spirit have high compatability with the heroic spirit from which they descend? And are there any examples of this occuring, or being implied to have occurred in the Type Moon Universe? Thank you.

US Friend Code
    Most of the examples are due to similar personalities, like Ishtar and Rin. We see a possible example of a Heroic Spirit possessing their descendant when Sengo Muramasa wonders if Shirou is related to him, but it isn't presented as a definite, it's just Muramasa wondering since he thinks people he knew in life would mistake Shirou for him.

It's called a Pseudo-Servant btw.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does Jeanne even count as a pseudo-servant? I thought her's was a different thing.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

US Friend Code
    The term didn't exist yet when Apo was written so she wasn't outright called one, but the situation seems exactly the same to me so I'd say yes.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's not the same though, Pseudo-Servants are summoned with someone's body, but Jeanne is just possession. The body was already there.

She's more like Demi-Servants than Pseudo-Servants.

US Friend Code
    A Demi-Servant is a fusion rather than possession, to the point that Galahad chose to stay in Mash because if he left she would die, so I don't agree that it was much like Laeticia's situation.

Laeticia may have already been there instead of coming into existence with Jeanne's summoning but otherwise the situation seems more like a Pseudo than Demi. Besides that Jeanne could leave her body without repercussions, there's also the way Laeiticia affected Jeanne's personality so that she was awkward around boys, similar to Rin's influence mellowing out Ishtar. I don't recall Galahad affecting Mash's personality, or Cu affecting Rin in LE.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I don't recall Galahad affecting Mash's personality, or Cu affecting Rin in LE.
    Galahad does influence Mash around those he cares about though.

Anyway, she's neither of them so there's not much use in arguing which one is more similar.

Does anyone have some ideas about how many copies of Mahoyo was sold?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechman View Post
    Here's a question, I don't remember what a person who is possessed by a servant is called, like Jeanne in Apocrypha or Ishtarin, but with he pre-allowance that people have different "scores" for their potential of being a vessel to a heroic spirit, would the direct descendant of a heroic spirit have high compatability with the heroic spirit from which they descend? And are there any examples of this occuring, or being implied to have occurred in the Type Moon Universe? Thank you.
    I guess a direct descendant would be the ideal vessel for a Pseudo-Servant but only if said descendant is part of the very limited pool of possible vessels. Basically, only "people whose lives were twisted by the Holy Grail" are available as vessel and the vessel potential is proportional to the amount of twisting. For example, Illya's life was twisted by the Grail so hard that she gets 3 Servants on the same vessel (Sitonai+Louhi+Freya). Similarly, Sakura and Rin get two goddesses each (Space Ishtar and BB's family don't count) while Waver gets just a guy.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    It's not the same though, Pseudo-Servants are summoned with someone's body, but Jeanne is just possession. The body was already there.

She's more like Demi-Servants than Pseudo-Servants.
    Didn't Waver/Zhuge Liang use his second NP to make the still-living Luvia and Reines into Psuedo-Servants in the Case Files collaboration event? I only read the barest of summaries for that one, though, so maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I guess a direct descendant would be the ideal vessel for a Pseudo-Servant but only if said descendant is part of the very limited pool of possible vessels. Basically, only "people whose lives were twisted by the Holy Grail" are available as vessel and the vessel potential is proportional to the amount of twisting. For example, Illya's life was twisted by the Grail so hard that she gets 3 Servants on the same vessel (Sitonai+Louhi+Freya). Similarly, Sakura and Rin get two goddesses each (Space Ishtar and BB's family don't count) while Waver gets just a guy.
    Gray seems like she'd be an ideal vessel for King Arthur, I guess. (I guess an even more ideal vessel would be summoning yourself, but there's a very small list of people who could do that and also have it be an upgrade.)

US Friend Code
    Is there anything particularly special about Nero's sword?

Blog Entries
    You can rev it like a chainsaw, that's pretty special
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

it broke galatine