Page 7563 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 656370637463751375537558756175627563756475657568757376137663 ... LastLast
Results 151,241 to 151,260 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Independent Manifestation says Fuck your paradox.

He most likely deleted all the post earth creation time trunks... If there even are any... We still dunno who's handleing the time trunks and its hard to say its the collective unconscious when talking about pre earth

Isnt independent manifestation just glorified summoning?

And it still works in a multiverse setting if only to create new timelines and changing events. Of course changing events wouldn't retcon off wherever they came from initially

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    The birth of a single planet in the vast universe is hardly a time without paradoxes tho. Now if he went to something like the Root per say that might actually make sense
    TM timelines are planet/dominate species specific. It's Alaya that manages timelines for our solar system
    Although the Incineration of Humanity by the King of Mages was by one individual, the Pruning Phenomenon is “a page burned by the consensus of the entirety of humankind, performed by human history itself”)
    If you go back in time to a time when the planet did not exist, then you reach a time when timelines did not exist.
    Last edited by You; October 23rd, 2021 at 07:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    Isnt independent manifestation just glorified summoning?

And it still works in a multiverse setting if only to create new timelines and changing events. Of course changing events wouldn't retcon off wherever they came from initially
    The skill calls out time paradoxes so whatever it is, itll work

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    SNIP
    Goetia's incineration is only within its specific Time Tree, since Prillya wasn't affected by it.
    Last edited by AAM1232; October 23rd, 2021 at 10:18 AM.

US Friend Code
    What's weird is I think FSF wasn't affected despite being a Fate world, since doesn't Ishtar there imply she stole Gugalanna from the Babylonia Singularity?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    FWIW FSF is the middle of the fence timeline. Heroic Spirits summoning and DAA coexisting.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Remake spoilers
    If a DAA from Tsuki:Re were to somehow be summoned in a Fate world, would their Idea Blood be disabled by the strong Human Order? Saber seems to be doing just fine in Melty Blood despite being a Ghost Liner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Even having just rewatched all the xmen movies (feel for me) I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I'll assume you mean in the sense that time is a solid/one single linear timeline. In that case, no, that's usually not how the nasuverse operates. Choices sprout off into their own timelines and branches (though not necessarily every little choice, I guess, who knows) but the universe doesn't allow an infinite selection of timelines to exist. Instead, what happens is that the ones who are closest to each other are grouped together to form a "trunk" (in the sense that all timelines are part of a "Tree of Time"), and then any new timelines will stem from the choices established in that trunk. Sort of like when they make a sequel to an RPG but but they base the canon choices of the first game on what most people picked, so even though your playthrough had entirely different choices, now when you play the second game you have to base it on the "collectively" selected choices.
    Any other timelines that don't fit into this for various reasons (too divergent, or too stagnated) get removed entirely.
    That actually is how MCU works as revealed in Loki. Only instead of the world pruning the timelines, its Owen Wilson.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quick question, but since the Tsuki world - Fate world divergence happened in 325 CE, before King Arthur's time, and in MB: Type Lumina, the Artoria summoned is explicitly from a Fate world, does that mean King Arthur never actually existed in Tsuki worlds?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    I don't think that's necessarily the case, merely that king arthur's schnozz didn't go on to make her a heroic spirit.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

King Arthur was never a true Heroic Spirit, though, even in Fate worlds.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Her not being a Heroic Spirit is just a technicality. The point is that there was no Throne of Heroes for her to make her pact with, so she just died and that was it.

There's no reason to assume that people who are famous in Fate/ worlds didn't become famous in Tsukihime worlds. Shiki even namedrops Nightingale in the remake.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I don't see why the lack of Heroic Spirits means the lack of such legends in the first place, merely that all magic around it just isn't there.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Her not being a Heroic Spirit is just a technicality. The point is that there was no Throne of Heroes for her to make her pact with, so she just died and that was it.

There's no reason to assume that people who are famous in Fate/ worlds didn't become famous in Tsukihime worlds. Shiki even namedrops Nightingale in the remake.
    The other reason I thought that is because no one seemed to truly recognize Excalibur for what it was, including Roa and Arc, though Arc had some idea of the sword's true nature. I wondered if Excalibur's legend wasn't as strong, though now I see that's probably not the case.

Blog Entries
    I think it's just that she spent most of the fight with it hidden, and that an excalibur is not necessarily the most recognizable thing. Depictions varying wildly, and all that. Plus, everyone in Stay Night was at hair trigger to identify each other so they could know their gameplan, and that's not the case here either.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    King Arthur was never a true Heroic Spirit, though, even in Fate worlds.
    Not in FGO though, and once you're there you're there.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    an excalibur is not necessarily the most recognizable thing.
    The point is made several times, in both Zero and SN, that "no Heroic Spirit who has ever fought hoping for victory could ever fail to recognise Excalibur's golden radiance" (which is why Saber keeps it completely invisible compared to Lancer running around with Gae Bolg out in the open or Zero Lancer slapping some masking tape on Gae Dearg and Gae Buidhe). Of course, Arc and Roa aren't Heroic Spirits, but the description certainly seems to imply Excalibur is meant to be instantly identifiable to everyone who sees it.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Especially since Roa is this archmage who has deep knowledge of most of the Nasuverse, though he probably has his blind spots/weaknesses, and Arc outright identified the sword as kin. Speaking of Arc, I actually think it makes more sense that she's not aware of what a human hero did with a sword that was forged well before her time, considering she barely interacts with society as is.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Artoria goes to Avalon regardless of timeline, so I find it kinda weird that the Counter Force in Melty Blood didn't summon Tsuki Artoria from Avalon, unless the Tsuki world Counter Force doesn't even have the concept/template of a Ghost Liner to summon.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Remake spoilers
    If a DAA from Tsuki:Re were to somehow be summoned in a Fate world, would their Idea Blood be disabled by the strong Human Order? Saber seems to be doing just fine in Melty Blood despite being a Ghost Liner.
    Asking this again.