Page 7522 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 652270227422747275127517752075217522752375247527753275727622 ... LastLast
Results 150,421 to 150,440 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    In connection to my previous question, is the 'messiah' word used for Saver (救世主) different than for the one in the Nega messiah skill (ネガ・メサイヤ)? Obviously the characters aren't the same but since they're done using different alphabets I'm not sure if that means that they really are different. Some clarification on this point would be nice.

Also does anyone know what the magatama-like jewels and symbols that Prince of Lanling has on him are called? I know the magatama is a more Japanese thing so I'm assuming this is something different but possibly related.
    Last edited by Arete; June 13th, 2021 at 10:41 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Saver Class uses the Japanese word kyuuseishu and Nega-Messiah uses the English word messiah. Can't explain the difference in nuance until we get to see Beast VI in action, but Kiara's Nega-Saver indicated the two words are separate things.

The magatamas are magatamas. Here's the artist's justification.

So I reached the part where Kirei explains a bit about the origins of the Holy Grail and the war. He talks about the Einzberns specializing in 'the golden rule of the line'. So my question is, what is 'the golden rule of the line'? I poked around a bit on google and such since this seems pretty specific but nothing pops up.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony246 View Post
    So I reached the part where Kirei explains a bit about the origins of the Holy Grail and the war. He talks about the Einzberns specializing in 'the golden rule of the line'. So my question is, what is 'the golden rule of the line'? I poked around a bit on google and such since this seems pretty specific but nothing pops up.
    It's a mistake in TL when it should be "gold of the Rhine". Kirei's talking about the Rheingold, Siegfried's cursed treasure that the Einzberns got and used in making the HG.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aAlouda View Post
    I just saw that in Emiya's FGO profile it's mentioned that the tools he projects are only around for a few minutes.

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/EMIYA

But it was established in FSN that the stuff Shirou projects specifically isn't temporary.

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20304/

Does anyone know what is up with that? Is there a special reason behind it, or is that just a retcon I missed?
    False NPs get rejected by the World as fakes.

Shirou has never tried projecting NPs and the stuff he did project were just empty shells. Later in Heaven's Feel he projects a very special thing and it stays around permanently because it is not a NP.

Archer mostly projects NPs and disposes of them quickly, his bow does not go away either.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Making special stuff and convincing the world it’s real is probably First Magic.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post

Shirou has never tried projecting NPs and the stuff he did project were just empty shells. Later in Heaven's Feel he projects a very special thing and it stays around permanently because it is not a NP.

Archer mostly projects NPs and disposes of them quickly, his bow does not go away either.
    I don't think Shirou's Projections/Tracings of NPs work like that. It's not normal Projection which naturally evaporates but application of UBW, so where does the above come from?

夜属 Nightkin
    I am not saying this is wrong, but do you know where this is from, I dont recall any such thing being stated.
    Yeah, but the fact that stuff he normally projects, stays around even if their reproduction was lacking, but magical swords he has an affinity for wouldn't, seems weird.
    I thought he just returns the stuff he projects and doesen't break to his reality marble, since he mentiosn that it stores the weapons he creates.

Also, I looked through FSN again a bit, watching out for scenes of projections disapearing and saw this scene where Shirou's first projection of Archer's swords in UBW disapear during the fight against Caster and Kuzuki.
    We spring apart.
    The twin swords that parried thirty attacks break as if saying they cannot take any more.
    It's not because they lost against Kuzuki's fists.
    The swords disappeared because I couldn't maintain their image.
    https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20174/

Does anyone know what maintain their image means in this context? I thought the mental effort was only part of creating them, not something continuesly done afterwards, like I doubt he always focuses on maintianing the stuff in his shed

The unbreakable sword i imaged has a crack, so its not unbreakable, so it doesnt match the image, so i didnt project it right, so it vanishes.

Another way to put it is that Shirou has to guess how much durability damage the sword took every 30 seconds and if he guesses wrong it vanishes instantly

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The Saver Class uses the Japanese word kyuuseishu and Nega-Messiah uses the English word messiah. Can't explain the difference in nuance until we get to see Beast VI in action, but Kiara's Nega-Saver indicated the two words are separate things.

The magatamas are magatamas. Here's the artist's justification.
    Thanks! I probably should've checked Lanling's mats before, but this is actually quite good as it indicates what they want associated with the magatama.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aAlouda View Post
    Does anyone know what maintain their image means in this context? I thought the mental effort was only part of creating them, not something continuesly done afterwards, like I doubt he always focuses on maintianing the stuff in his shed
    You have constantly maintain the mental image. Or rather, the moment the image that you projected the item with and the reality of the situation do not align, it disappears as you reject the image.
    You can read the entire discussion here
    https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20197/
    but the TLDR is
    So, if I sum it up…

"All right.
    So, I imagined a sword that would not break and projected it. But the projected sword broke during battle.
    When that happened, I denied the sword, saying 'Hey, this sword broke.' As a result, the projected sword disappeared.
    And that's because there was an inconsistency between reality and the image, right?"

"You're pretty bright. Yes, you're right.
    You projected Archer's swords.
    I don't know how you ranked Archer's swords, but you did not imagine swords that would break from Kuzuki's attacks."

"But the swords were destroyed.
    At that time, you thought, 'these aren't Archer's swords'.
    The projected swords were denied by the maker, so they lost their strength of existence and became a fantasy once again."
    - - - Updated - - -

Its a discussion of the ultimate theme of the route using projection as a symbol.
    The ideal does not disappear when it is repeatedly broken (e.g. Archer being forced to kill people over and over), but when one denies it. Therefore, even if it's a fantasy, the ideal can still hold no matter how broken it is, as long as the person believes in it.

That is the answer Shirou comes to in the scene aptly named Answer where a bent Kanshou retains its image.

"That's right. I already knew that…"
    …This is just a dream.
    But I kept on believing in it because I thought it was right.
    Kiritsugu pursued it because he knew it was an unattainable dream, an impossible ideal.

Even if it may be unattainable…
    He believed that he would reach his destination if he kept running.
    Last edited by You; June 15th, 2021 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Never realized this, neat.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    You have constantly maintain the mental image. Or rather, the moment the image that you projected the item with and the reality of the situation do not align, it disappears as you reject the image.
    You can read the entire discussion here
    https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20197/
    but the TLDR is

- - - Updated - - -

Its a discussion of the ultimate theme of the route using projection as a symbol.
    The ideal does not disappear when it is repeatedly broken (e.g. Archer being forced to kill people over and over), but when one denies it. Therefore, even if it's a fantasy, the ideal can still hold no matter how broken it is, as long as the person believes in it.

That is the answer Shirou comes to in the scene aptly named Answer where a bent Kanshou retains its image.
    You, do you remember if Shirou/EMIYA's projected NPs are rejected by the world for being fakes, or is that just something being misunderstood and wrongly applied here? I thought they were like his other projections in the shed that just last as long as he doesn't suddenly doubt them.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    No, they're specifically magic that's crushed by the world. They're extensions of his Reality Marble.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So in a way it's reality crushing his dreams.

But also if you believe super hard, your dream can change the world for a moment.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    No, they're specifically magic that's crushed by the world. They're extensions of his Reality Marble.
    His RM being crushed =/= his 'Projections' being crushed. We just read up the scene where they lasted as long as he wanted to in the shed. We know that they're not like regular Projected stuff which easily evaporates. I was asking for proof that projected NPs get rejected and crushed, since it would contradict how Shirou's Projections worked before.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Unlike his projected swords, his projected kettles aren't part of his Reality Marble. I don't see why the two things would work under the same principles.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I thought everything he projected was in fact being pulled from UBW, and that none of Shirou's projections were normal Projection Magecraft/Gradation Air?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by FSN Heaven's Feel route Day 14: What is hidden in the Holy Grail
    It would not have taken a definite form if it were a normal Holy Grail, such as Einzbern's gold or a bronze using a body of a magus.
    So that's a weird line, I'm not sure what is meant here. Does it literally mean making bronze out of a magus' body? Something more mystical like orichalcum, often thought to have been a type of bronze? Or is it Mirror Moon that translated weirdly, and what the line says is making bronze heads out of magus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Unlike his projected swords, his projected kettles aren't part of his Reality Marble. I don't see why the two things would work under the same principles.
    What Gau said though, I thought everything he does regarding Projection is from UBW?