Page 7286 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6286678671867236727672817284728572867287728872917296733673867786 ... LastLast
Results 145,701 to 145,720 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonwarz50 View Post
    Something that I've seen floating around recently:'Gil as an Archer is from before he's hunted for the herb of immortality or in mid process. And saying that Caster Gil is the one from after and that's why they're different.'

What's the verdict on this? I've seen people pulling mats from Caster Gil's Mats as proof its true.
    Obviously he's sharper when he's doing the heavy lifting and fighting or shortly thereafter, than when he is the washed up statesman. This isn't Dragonball.

Also, the caster container sucks and assigns Gil things and stats that are not so immediately practical. As a general rule it seems that servants summoned in a HGW just get all of their NPs, no matter how many, unless there is a good reason why they should not have them. This isn't the case in FGO, and chances are that a properly summoned and not literally in the flesh Caster Gil still gets proper GoB and Ea by extension. He will still suck with them because he's a twig compared to his years of Chading around.

Or wait, are you actually asking about the background? Did you not read Babylonia?

The Producer the world needed, not the one it deserved. dragonwarz50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Obviously he's sharper when he's doing the heavy lifting and fighting or shortly thereafter, than when he is the washed up statesman. This isn't Dragonball.

Also, the caster container sucks and assigns Gil things and stats that are not so immediately practical. As a general rule it seems that servants summoned in a HGW just get all of their NPs, no matter how many, unless there is a good reason why they should not have them. This isn't the case in FGO, and chances are that a properly summoned and not literally in the flesh Caster Gil still gets proper GoB and Ea by extension. He will still suck with them because he's a twig compared to his years of Chading around.

Or wait, are you actually asking about the background? Did you not read Babylonia?
    I'm talking about the servant versions. People are saying 'archer gil is pre-epic of gilgamesh and caster gil is after he returns home after getting robbed by the snake'

I've been seeing it and my immediate response is 'that doesn't sound quite right'
    Last edited by dragonwarz50; October 24th, 2019 at 04:53 PM.
    Grave. Rave. Crave. Deprave.

That was Hell you walked through. Ascension Hell, the first level.
    Then you marched through Skill Mat Hell and QP Hell, the second and third levels.
    Now you approach Bond 15 Hell.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    That's basically the entire premise of Caster Gil, as he is presented, existing in the first place, yes. The fact that it says so in his profile is basically redundant, it's 100% obvious and stated in story.

It gets slightly tricky in that Archer Gil is aware of how he lived and died, but this is still the complete opening introductory statement of the character of Caster Gil. This is hardly subject to discussion, it's the first thing to know about him.

I feel like the biggest nerf to Caster Gil if he were summoned in a proper HGW would be worse stats, which, due to the nature of his NP(s), wouldn't matter that much.

Archer Gil is aware of his whole life, the same as any other class (unless you want to discount a potential mindless Berseker). Different classes do tend to emphasise some parts of a HS's personality more than others, but I feel Gil is one of those who wouldn't be affected by this. In Babylonia you meet an actual ruling Gilgamesh concerned with Uruk. If you incarnated Caster Gil in Fuyuki, he'd still be equally annoyed by the state of the world - that he qualifies for Caster because he used to be a wise king who happens to own a bunch of magic items wouldn't really matter.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I don't think you can say Archer Gil is "pre-epic of Gilgamesh" considering he talks as though he's experienced the events of it. It's more the difference between him ruling in his own time period vs being summoned into another one.

US Friend Code
    I just assumed Archer Gil knowing about post-Epic events is like Medea Lily knowing how things will go with Jason. Even though they were summoned "before" that they still have memories of their entire life but their personalities reflect the age their Servant container put them in.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Medea Lily is a bit more detached about it though, whereas Gil makes it more clear that he has experienced and been shaped by things like the immortality quest.

Hell Kid Gil exists and doesn't really do that.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Wasn't there an entire thing with Kid Gil where Gilgamesh losts the immortality herb to the snake but then after the Epic he went off-screen and got another one and that's why he can turn into Kid Gil after Fate/Zero?

If Gil really has to be from a specific point in time, it's probably from pretty close to the end of the Epic but before he came back and became a more serious ruler. Or not.

(servant) caster gil is almost the same as CCC gil (who isn't technically an archer)
    servant containers and classes are almost like caricatures of people due to the way they influence the summoned spirit into a certain mindset. they shouldn't be mistaken for the original person.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Gilgamesh just thinks that early 2000s were a shitty time period.

US Friend Code
    Do we know anything more about the causes of the Evil Dragon Phenomenon than just being greedy? Because there's a lot of greedy people but not a lot of Fafnirs.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Gilgamesh just thinks that early 2000s were a shitty time period.
    I mean, who wouldn't think that on some level?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Dammit, Dubya.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Do we know anything more about the causes of the Evil Dragon Phenomenon than just being greedy? Because there's a lot of greedy people but not a lot of Fafnirs.
    Maybe being the greediest? Considering Gotterdamerung significantly lowered the bar for becoming Fafnir by removing the concept of greed as far as it could.

Was Circe mentioned in the F/SN? I could swear Medea or someone else talks about her or someone heavily implied to be her in one of Tiger Doujos or some other scene, but can't find it in Let's play archive. Perhaps it was in Ataraxia?
    Last edited by Blastedspider; October 26th, 2019 at 05:29 AM.

Perhaps you're thinking of Hecate.

"...Yes. She is the witch of betrayal, Medea.
    An anti-hero revered as the enemy of humanity."

I recall the myth.
    The princess of sorcery who received the teachings of the great witch.
    The cunning witch behind the demise of many countries in the Age of Gods,

Princess Medea.
    The daughter of Aeëtes, the King of Colchis, the "edge of the east" of the Greek world on the eastern coast of the Black sea.
    A sorceress who received the teachings of Hecate, goddess of magic, a princess who led a sheltered life as a king's daughter.

[...]

It did not take long for Jason to prepare the assassination.
    The king and his daughters were invited to Jason's house.
    In the center was the witch's cauldron.
    The girl has been bestowed it by the great witch Hecate, a crystallization of secrets in the foundation of mysteries.

That's probably not it. Is there a scene there Medea talks about her younger days? She might address her as a sempai instead of dropping the name or something like that.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; October 26th, 2019 at 10:33 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, she called Circe "oba-sama", at least in FGO.

Did nasu sell the rights to fate? j/w how stuff like apocrypha and prisma illya get made without his consent, unless he did consent to that stuff and im just unaware.

When my parents get home and my gf is over

Spoiler:

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KiraWins View Post
    Did nasu sell the rights to fate? j/w how stuff like apocrypha and prisma illya get made without his consent, unless he did consent to that stuff and im just unaware.
    writer: can I make Fate spin-off?

Kinoko: yes

there's no way he didn't know, and all co-writers are his friend.