Page 1678 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6781178157816281668167316761677167816791680168316881728177821782678 ... LastLast
Results 33,541 to 33,560 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Sure he did, Uruk was full of future-tech. If he can have a UFO, his vault can be a dimensional pocket. Don't tell me you guys thought it was something lame like a dusty old room in a palace.
    See, that is the stupid part.

The flashback shows Uruk and Gilgamesh being all ghetto, but all evidence suggests Gilgamesh was living like The Jetsons.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    It's a representation.

Iskander did not summon his army via Reality Marble in legend either.
    Do you have proof that he was not capable of summoning his entire army to his current location at any time through the power of friendship? Didn't think so.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do you have proof that he was not capable of summoning his entire army to his current location at any time through the power of friendship? Didn't think so.
    We also don't have proof that Bucephalus wasn't a sassy, smart-talking sidekick voiced by Eddie Murphy.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Next you're going to tell me that King Arthur could really fire lasers powered by literal love ala Black Mage in 8-bit theatre.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    Gilgamesh didn't have the ability to shoot his shit at people from dimensional nexus'.
    See, I thought he did.

For a while everyone thought that pretty much all their powers existed IRL.

I think the reason people resist the Hercules/Medusa thing being fake is that it robs them of some of their awesomeness. Like, imagine if after FSN the screen suddenly zoomed out and we found out we were just watching a TV show with a kid or something the entire time.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    I have a question.

If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    I have a question.

Why are you such a bigot?

What is wrong with a King having a same-sex partner?

Blog Entries
    But now that I think about it, if Gilgamesh's real-life vault was a dimensional nexus that exists outside of time and space, then it doesn't actually break any rules for him to be able to connect to it from the future. It actually kind of makes sense.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    I have a question.

I laughed more than I should have, and am tempted to sig this.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    But now that I think about it, if Gilgamesh's real-life vault was a dimensional nexus that exists outside of time and space, then it doesn't actually break any rules for him to be able to connect to it from the future. It actually kind of makes sense.
    That would not make sense.

If that were the case, there would be only ONE copy of Ea in the whole space-time continuum. At any moment, there could be multiple copies of Gilgamesh running around.

I can't picture Gilgamesh going "WHICH ONE OF MY INFERIOR COPIES IS STILL HOGGING MY EA?! THE KING DEMANDS IT NOW!!"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    I don't see how my statement contradict anything. I even personally fished out the part you thought would negate my point.
    As far as I can tell, it only says that hero's actual existence doesn't matter. I'm not arguing with that, because where are examples of such cases. Sasaki Kojiro never actually existed, but fictional heroic spirit of this name can be summoned into Grail War, regardless of actual Sasaki existence.

And why is that?
    Because it says so? For example "Bill was ill this Tuesday" means that Bill is actual person and he was sick. Not that where is a red herring that some fictional guy named Bill was sick, which arose during Tuesday.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; July 22nd, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    It's outside of time and space, so everything is always inside the vault no matter how many times he takes it out. Explains all those repeat weapons without resorting to Takeuchi/Deen laziness!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    As far as I can tell, it only says that hero's actual existence doesn't matter. I'm not arguing with that, because where are examples of such cases. Sasaki Kojiro never actually existed, but fictional heroic spirit of this name can be summoned into Grail War, regardless of actual Sasaki existence.
    Except that's not the case. Assassin was explicitly not Kojiro. The nature of Kojiro and EMIYA are entirely different from Hercules and Medusa.

Because it says so? For example "Bill was ill this Tuesday" means that Bill is real person and he was sick. Not that where is a red herring that some fictional guy named Bill was sick, which arose during Tuesday.
    That's just your interpretation. You are reading the sentence with the assumption already that "Bill" is a real guy, while if you read the previous pages, it tells you "Bill" is a character in a fairy tale.

You are basically going "omg it is different from my interpretation so it is retcon", while everything you have seen is congruent and the setting was there since day 1.
    Last edited by food; July 22nd, 2012 at 02:04 PM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Well.

It's definitely different from how everyone interpreted it.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Well.

It's definitely different from how everyone interpreted it.
    Welcome to Nasu Land.

If you are new to this, you probably did not know about the "WHO PROJECTED WHICH RHO AIAS AND HOW MANY WERE THERE" deal in UBW.

That took like 6 years and 3 different Q&A to sort out, and no one expected what Nasu meant in the VN.

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    I can't picture Gilgamesh going "WHICH ONE OF MY INFERIOR COPIES IS STILL HOGGING MY EA?! THE KING DEMANDS IT NOW!!"
    It explains away Gilgamesh's losses pretty well, though. It isn't that he's being lazy or careless, it's just that other versions of him are using up the gear. Fate Gil had the gold armor, so UBW Gil didn't wear it.
    Last edited by VelspertheCat; July 22nd, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Except that's not the case. Assassin was explicitly not Kojiro. The nature of Kojiro and EMIYA are entirely different from Hercules and Medusa.
    As far as I get, in prologue it was said, that actual existence of hero is not necessary. We have actual undisputable example of hero who didn't existed, and it is Sasaki Kojirou. So, I say, she may have been talking about guys like him. Medusa and Heracles are mythical, but that doesn't mean that they were not real, because in Nasuverse we have actual werwolfs, actual vampires, Gods and many other mythical creatures. Hell, where are actual existing characters from fairy tales.

That's just your interpretation. You are reading the sentence with the assumption already that "Bill" is a real guy, while if you read the previous pages, it tells you "Bill" is a character in a fairy tale.
    Except that it is not from the the same guy who said that Bill was ill. And I'm trying to be literal.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; July 22nd, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Welcome to Nasu Land.

If you are new to this, you probably did not know about the "WHO PROJECTED WHICH RHO AIAS AND HOW MANY WERE THERE" deal in UBW.

That took like 6 years and 3 different Q&A to sort out, and no one expected what Nasu meant in the VN.
    And yet, it all seems so obvious if you go back and re-read it now.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    So you're saying that Herakles and Medea didn't actually exist, and that the Herakles and Medea in Fate are just the next best things? 'Cause that's kinda what "Sasaki Kojirou" was.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    As far as I get, in prologue it was said, that actual existence of hero is not necessary. We have actual undisputable example of hero who didn't existed, and it is Sasaki Kojirou. So, I say, she may have been talking about guys like him.
    That's what you say. Except I already found the quote and it was referring to the category of purely legendary characters like Medusa and Hercules.

Except that it is not from the the same guy who said that Bill was ill. And I'm trying to be literal.
    And you are reading it with your own pre-conceived idea and thus interpreted that way, while your interpretation is not the original intent.