Page 7418 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 641869187318736874087413741674177418741974207423742874687518 ... LastLast
Results 148,341 to 148,360 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    credentials are just pieces of paper
    What if they're tatooed onto your skin, or your soul or something fancy like that
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Nah it's cuz he's a sword saint, yamato skills =/= backwoods 'magic'
    Russians cannot master nippon steel skills! This is nonsense!
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Edelfelts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Like Raff said we know the Edelfelts were in the market and that actually happened during the Apocrypha timeline, but there were also probably a dozen of magi families around the world who'd kill to have an heir as talented as Sakura

too bad Tokiomi decided not to shop around before calling up Zouken
    Cool, thanks, guys.

It is a pity that he didn't even try to shop around, but what you gonna do, I guess? Even if for some reason he decided not to put Sakura up for adoption, I doubt Tokiomi would've been willing to let such a large number of high quality circuits just go to waste, so Sakura probably would've had them pulled out and added to the Tohsaka crest instead. How well that would've gone for her afterwards, idk.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar's Angel View Post
    Being strong is not exactly the criterion. Magi are also, in essence, researchers with regard to the field of Magecraft, a magus can sometimes be someone suitable for combat or/and strong, but this doesn't always mean that he is someone who "scientifically" contributes in a relevant way to this field of study.
    So basically the same as Shirou. Really strong but also kind of limited.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mementore View Post
    About Zouken Nasu is very misleading.
    He said he could kill a servant and in the same phrase stated that he was a Pride in the Mage Association.
    I mean we all know that Zouken must be way higher than that.
    Prime Zouken being able to win against Servants is probably as much due to excellent compatibility as it is to raw power. He was involved in designing the summoning system, made the Command Spells, etc, so it wouldn't be surprising if he had a few cheat cards specifically for dealing with Servants, like the magical equivalent of bringing a remote control or an EMP to a fight with an android. Even as an old man, he had no problems ganking Kojirou and puppeteering Caster's corpse; given his underwhelming performance in other areas, both those feats imply "very good at handling Servants" more than "overwhelming power".

Speaking of which, are there are any magi living in the modern era who have a better/deeper understanding of how Servants work than Zouken does? I'm sure there must be some, but nobody's coming to mind right now.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Marisbilly and Dr. Heartless are pretty knowledgeable but I can't say for sure if more than Zouken.

Servants specifically- probably not, since as you said he personally helped design/designed the Servant system (cribbed from the Grand system though it may have been). Though Waver is probably as close to an expert on the matter as one can get. Heroic Spirits/Ghost Liners and other higher order spirits, well, there's a department in the Clock Tower for that.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Beyond him fighting Archer no problem and only bringing out the Medea puppet because “Hoho, TWO servants would be a problem.” When saber comes out. Well certainly he’s absolutely got compatibility after compatibility along with understanding and familiarity stacked. But another way to look at it is that as amazing and scary as he is there are definitely even scarier magi hanging about. Which well, isn’t new news but yeah.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Even as an old man, he had no problems ganking Kojirou [...]
    Wasn't that the Shadow?

- - - Updated - - -

Under Zouken's control, yes, but it's not as if he fought Kojirou himself, was it?

It very much seems to be Zouken. Doesn’t really match the other shadow scenes.

Was the mystery person who overpowered Kojirou supposed to be the Shadow? They stroked Kojirou's cheek, which doesn't seem like a very Shadow-like thing to do (at least, not without absorbing him...). And then True Assassin comes out, and the narration says "the only ones who witnessed his birth were the swarm of insects and the moonlight". So I always assumed Zouken just soloed Kojirou himself.

Then again, the Shadow hadn't even been introduced at that point, so it wasn't exactly in my mind when I first read that scene. In hindsight, maybe the mystery attacker was supposed to be the Shadow.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean the Shadow was there after Shirou and Saber kill Caster and go home, so very possibly.

That said, I prefer to believe in Sword-Saint Zouken.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    He's had 500 years to master the blade

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "When you were researching, I studied the insect.
    When you were having premartial sex with your definitely not a wish granting phenomenona girlfriend, I mastered the dickworm.
    While you wasted your days in the Clock Tower pursuing the Root, I cultivated the ultimate Simp.
    And now that the world is about to engulfed in All the Evils of the World you have the audacity to come to me to stop it."

Just needs a photoshop of Zouken in a fedora.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

"You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me." ~Zouken to Kariya, circa 2000
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 12th, 2020 at 08:14 AM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    Cool, thanks, guys.

It is a pity that he didn't even try to shop around, but what you gonna do, I guess? Even if for some reason he decided not to put Sakura up for adoption, I doubt Tokiomi would've been willing to let such a large number of high quality circuits just go to waste, so Sakura probably would've had them pulled out and added to the Tohsaka crest instead. How well that would've gone for her afterwards, idk.
    Did you not read literally anything with Tokiomi in it?

Tokiomi's entire deal was "WOW I CAN GET BOTH MY GIRLS INTO MAGICAL COLLEGE NOW", not "wow if rin's this great, how great would she be if i ripped some bits out of my other daughter and gave them to her on her next birthday???"

I've seen some people with problems with Tokiomi, but I've never seen someone flip his character inside out this badly lmao.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Did you not read literally anything with Tokiomi in it?

Tokiomi's entire deal was "WOW I CAN GET BOTH MY GIRLS INTO MAGICAL COLLEGE NOW", not "wow if rin's this great, how great would she be if i ripped some bits out of my other daughter and gave them to her on her next birthday???"

I've seen some people with problems with Tokiomi, but I've never seen someone flip his character inside out this badly lmao.
    I'm guessing ILurkNoMoar didn't really mean it that way, but yeah, extracting someone's magic circuits is not exactly a healthy operation, it wouldn't really add much to the Tohsaka crest (since they'd be entirely undeveloped) and it would destroy the traits that made Sakura such a potentially huge prodigy (can't really make use of a rare Sorcery/Thaumaturgical trait if you can't use Magecraft at all).
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I'm guessing ILurkNoMoar didn't really mean it that way, but yeah, extracting someone's magic circuits is not exactly a healthy operation, it wouldn't really add much to the Tohsaka crest (since they'd be entirely undeveloped) and it would destroy the traits that made Sakura such a potentially huge prodigy (can't really make use of a rare Sorcery/Thaumaturgical trait if you can't use Magecraft at all).
    How do you extract magic circuits? Was there something regarding Soul Surgery in Fate?

I seem to recall a mention, but I don't remember whether it was a discussion or something that could actually happen.

Also, I thought Tokiomi's whole schtick was that he was genuinely convinced he was doing what was best for both daughters and had every reason to believe Zouken despite being an slimy bastard.

So question, but what does May Riddell Archelot magecraft actually entail? I know details are scarce, but what exactly is her Goblin Nest? Does it produce actual Goblins, as in Fae ones, that grant her different effects depending on the right one?

Honestly there are only isolated feats without much expression of the true nature of it, so the thing of might be able to give her varied effects would be a valid speculation, but, as you said, things are pretty scarce. Things like she managed to "avoid" the rain to the point of not getting wet when she was entering the mansion, or having used a Goblin to also prevent the Helicopter from suffering any kind of turbulence due the rain, and the thing of even with the phone line being cut off for everyone, she was still able to call her father twice, and send her coordinates to a military helicopter, when this communication cut was part of Sweet Hearts' actions too.

Overall Liddell seems to be very skilled, or at least to have some very interesting gimmicks since Alice mentions this sometimes too. Throughout "Potete dormire, ma nessun rida", she talks about abandoning the game and that a "Ploy as old-fashioned as that cannot beat me", and although she literally dies in one of the scenarios, and even calling the Helicopter it's hitting by lightning, there's never a correction about Liddell not being able to escape Sweet Hearts in some aspects, but simply that the other external factors wouldn't cooperate with her. I also don't remember exactly if it was by the circumstances of the game itself, but in one of the scenarios when her heart is forced to stop, she simply counteracts this by nullifying the effect before actually dying, which impresses even Beo to the point of praising her tenacity.