Page 7766 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 676672667666771677567761776477657766776777687771777678167866 ... LastLast
Results 155,301 to 155,320 of 157505

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    smh Merlin lying with his "there are no walls, no castles" NP line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    It's probably correct for Fate worlds.
    I suspect Merlin is talking specifically about Avalon rather than the Inner Sea as a whole. Well, that's if you're supposed to take it literally at all.

Can someone point to me the information that says that all souls return to the root and where it explicitly says this.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAion View Post
    Can someone point to me the information that says that all souls return to the root and where it explicitly says this.
    I recall it's actually that the soul disperses into the atmosphere while the Origin is what is sent through the Root.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAion View Post
     本来、肉体から離れ大気に散った霊子……魂のような物は、そのまま無に落ちていきます。
     これは弱い流れが大きな流れに取り込まれるの
    と同じで、抗えない自然の働きです。
     肉体という檻から開放された霊子は、意思すら
    も解脱した為に流れに逆らうという方向性がなく、
    大本である無に落ちて次の変換を待つのだとか。
    Melty Blood (the original). Technically it just says souls return to the foundational nothingness, but that couldn't be much else.

Blog Entries
    "Svin Glascheit and Flat Escardos are considered to be the "real vanguard" when it comes to the advancement of the New Agers"
    >Svin Glascheit
    >Flat Escardos
    >guys with ancient lineages
    >New Agers
    what did sanda mean by this

What's the point of "New Agers are swell" in general if every known person involved in this movement from an old family sans Waver. This feels like wanting to have your cake and eat it too/being unable to commit to the bit.

Sort of related to the previous discussion, but if someone explained their magic to thin air, no one around at all, would it degrade the Mystery? Or is it safe to talk out loud to yourself?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I didn't go deep into Case Files but the point isn't having new families, it's their attitude and involvement with Modern Magecraft.
    It's not like the democratic faction in the clock tower isn't propped up by old families either, by the very nature of magi society you can't do away with that aspect completely.

Blog Entries
    I guess? But they seem pretty defined by their shallow bloodlines, because this point is harped on a ton. Like, the Democratic faction is fine with them specifically because they need a weakling proletariat to rule over?

Actually, speaking of factions: I wasn't going to ask because I was sure I could find it again myself, but I can't, so: I swear to god I read somewhere that the origin of the Aristocratic and Democratic factions was that, when the industrial revolution happened, the dems were like "let's help this along to weaken the church : )" and the aristocrats were like "that seems like a bad idea, let's not do that". But the closest information I could find was listed on the wiki's timeline page as "1800 AD: Industrial Revolution of England begins. Technology negatively affects the world of magi. The Holy Church negatively affects the world of magi. Aristocratic and Democratic factions form." which at least tells me I didn't hallucinate the whole thing, but it's lacking in the specific details I remember.

Blog Entries
    they got one group of aristocrats to call themselves 'democrats' as a joke - kids still haven't figured it out yet
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    Sort of related to the previous discussion, but if someone explained their magic to thin air, no one around at all, would it degrade the Mystery? Or is it safe to talk out loud to yourself?
    Depends on whether or not you're livestreaming it to a remarkably high-count Twitch audience.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    they got one group of aristocrats to call themselves 'democrats' as a joke - kids still haven't figured it out yet
    Haven't read that the Dems and Aris split due to the Church. But ^ is literally how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Case Files Mats
    1800 AD: The Industrial Revolution of Great Britain. It was a painful blow to the magus world but knowledge and technology becoming more complex is a good thing. It was the most damaging form of attack to the Holy Church, who increased it's influence with its "Singular World View", so we even supported it. At this point there was an internal conflict on whether to accept this industrial revolution. Later this became the cause of the divide between the Aristocratic Faction and the Democratic Faction. It was impossible to ignore the new genre of Modern Magecraft Theory and it filled the slot of the empty 12th department. However, although it was added as the 12th department, because modern magecraft was looked down upon, this department does not have a lord assigned to it at this point.
    wacky
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

夜属 Nightkin
    The TM wiki says this about Kirie Fujou
    In addition to her fragile health her ancestry grants her unnatural vitality, but this has only prolonged her life beyond what a normal human being should be able to survive, rather than allowing her to overcome her illness.
    Does anyone know where this is from?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aAlouda View Post
    The TM wiki says this about Kirie Fujou

Does anyone know where this is from?
    She sounds regretful. I guess it was a cigarette box she took out. I've never even touched one before, but I wanted to see this person smoke. Probably... no, surely it would suit her well. Like a pair of lizard-skin pants on a showcase mannequin.

"It's not just your lungs that are bad. That must be the reason, but there are lots of tumors all over your body. Starting with sarcoma, it's worse inside. It seems that hair of yours is the only thing normal. But it's amazing how much strength you have left. A normal person would have died before it got this bad. ... How many years has it been, Fujoh Kirie?"

She is probably asking about my hospitalization, but I cannot answer her.

"I don't know. I stopped keeping track."

Because it's meaningless. Because I won't be getting out of here until I die.

The woman nods and says, "I see."
    probably an assumption from this
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    "Svin Glascheit and Flat Escardos are considered to be the "real vanguard" when it comes to the advancement of the New Agers"
    >Svin Glascheit
    >Flat Escardos
    >guys with ancient lineages
    >New Agers
    what did sanda mean by this

What's the point of "New Agers are swell" in general if every known person involved in this movement from an old family sans Waver. This feels like wanting to have your cake and eat it too/being unable to commit to the bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by CF vol.3
    The twin jewels of the El-Melloi Classroom. In short, the figureheads of the newly rising powers of the Clock Tower. Both having long and storied bloodlines, neither could be called part of the New Agers, but for that reason they were able to demonstrate true ability without restraint.
    Think you should have read further my friend.

Dunno what is meant by "vanguard", maybe in the sense they paved the way? Especially since the context is about how the New Agers see Waver as a hero:
    Quote Originally Posted by ibid
    Svin wasn't entirely right. While my master was looked up to as a true hero among the New Agers, the fact of the matter was that these two were the real vanguard.
    It seems to be more about how New Agers perceive the two.
    Last edited by All fictions; March 22nd, 2023 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Blog Entries
    It's just Gray being dumdum
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

US Friend Code
    cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Depends on whether or not you're livestreaming it to a remarkably high-count Twitch audience.
    Haha. Thanks, I wanted to make sure the problem is other humans hearing it. Although, speaking of - if someone Waver'd their magecraft to an Elemental, it wouldn't matter, right? I'm writing something, and-- honestly, either possibility is fine, there was always going to be a scene where tensions are running high and "I literally cannot explain this to you or it will degrade the thing meant to keep so-and-so safe" would throw a building's worth of fuel on the fire. But the added existential threat isn't necessary for what I originally wanted to convey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    wacky
    omg thanks. It looks like I misremembered the divide as "fund it to hurt the church" vs "not doing that", when the way it's worded makes it seem like 1. funding the industrial revolution was a unanimous action 2. the actual divide was whether or not to accept it...? (???)

Honestly it seems like the fallout from the reformation + the enlightenment would have been way more harmful to the Church's ability to push its "Singular World View" with the added bonus of not setting the world on the path to destruction, but what do I know. Mages, they're just like us, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    Think you should have read further my friend.

Dunno what is meant by "vanguard", maybe in the sense they paved the way? Especially since the context is about how the New Agers see Waver as a hero:

It seems to be more about how New Agers perceive the two.
    This is what happens when people (me) ask questions having only gotten their information from the wiki the extremely important context of "this is Gray's perception" was left out.

I still want to see some shallow bloodline New Agers, doing something of merit, that isn't just "Waver uses his large general knowledge base and analytical skills to bring new pedagogical techniques to the Clock Tower".

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    It's just Gray being dumdum
    Much more palatable answer

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    The OG democrats all owned slaves too.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Athenian "democracy for me but not for thee" style
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    That's just how Things Were at the time.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.