Page 6351 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 53515851625163016341634663496350635163526353635663616401645168517351 ... LastLast
Results 127,001 to 127,020 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereus View Post
    I think you're giving nasu too much credit with the platonic ideal of forms
    Because everything has to be referenced by name for it to be a legitimate idea?

Honestly man? You have no right saying people gives too m7ch credit to Nasu when you also discredit him at just about any opportunity you have.

And this is the franchise that said 19th century becuase the 20th century works setting is 19th century. Get your facts straight before making statements like this.

Its shit like this that makes you always, always confuse stuffs with the wrong interpretations. You dont even want to understand stuffs, practically everytime i see you post its either about whining about something or declaring that something you dislike is dumb even if you are the one who got it wrong.
    Last edited by castor212; August 16th, 2017 at 01:24 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Because everything has to be referenced by name for it to be a legitimate idea?

Honestly man? You have no right saying people gives too m7ch credit to Nasu when you also discredit him at just about any opportunity you have.

And this is the franchise that said 19th century becuase the 20th century works setting is 19th century. Get your facts straight before making statements like this.
    I dont care about arguing anymore, I'm drained.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Keep A Name For One Stupid Month View Post
    Then stop
    I am, I'm gonna get this account deleted, this place is not good for my mental health with all this stupid pedantry and toxicity.
    With the way the keep adding shit to gils vault, soon he will have the root in it.

Life is short, we don't need to shitpost at eachother about nasu.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    i don't think you can delete the account, op

Blog Entries
    Its almost as if your "critiques" arent pedantries themselves.
    Last edited by castor212; August 16th, 2017 at 02:00 PM.

speaking as an irish person i've never seen scathach associated with a goddess of death or tir na nog in the legends i grew up with

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtodyle View Post
    speaking as an irish person i've never seen scathach associated with a goddess of death or tir na nog in the legends i grew up with
    Yeah I don't know that it's particularly common as such, but I know I found it once when I was doing a crappy translation word by word of segments of myth a while back. My overall suspicion is it might be local or regional but I'm not totally sure.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    'K.

How 'bout the god killing part, then?
    I have never read in any myths that she actually killed any Gods so that's a Nasuverse invention, but thinking about it fits with the role she has as the Queen of the Land of Shadows.

From what I understand, The land of shadows is basically just an underworld of the dead where ghosts roams and as it's Queen it's her duty to act as it's warden in keeping the dead in, but in this what she fights are not ordinary ghosts but that of Gods. This probably comes from how with the coming of Christianity the Irish deities, the Tuatha dé Danaan were demoted to be nothing more than mere fairies and evil spirits. An example of this can be seen in Fionn's lore where killed the Fallan Divine Spirit Aillen.

Now for the reason they became evil spirits in the Nasuverse I don't know, probably something to with the end of the Age of Gods but from what it looks like it seems it was Scathach's duty to keep all these ghosts in her domain and kill any that tried to escape which she would do for about 2000 years. That's how I understand that's the judsification for her god killing and is the only reason I can see it for her being a Star. Well this is what I think anyway.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I know the interpretations exist but they're very very far from the most commonly accepted or most well known ones, I think they came about as a result of some writers trying to repaganize some of the legends that were christianized over time, so a warrior woman who lived in the land of shadows ended up becoming a goddess of death or something

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtodyle View Post
    I know the interpretations exist but they're very very far from the most commonly accepted or most well known ones, I think they came about as a result of some writers trying to repaganize some of the legends that were christianized over time, so a warrior woman who lived in the land of shadows ended up becoming a goddess of death or something
    Sure it isn't common but it definitely seems like Nasu drew on it with the whole "ascending beyond the realm of mere mortals" dealio. Could have also been a case of coincidental writing, of course.

Yeah, he does seem to have drawn on it, though from what I can tell the godslaying thing is a total invention. The connection between Scathach and Skadi is an SMT reference I think, Scathach evolves to Skadi at a certain level in Nocturne.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Are there cases were peaple have been empowered by Alaya without becoming counter guardians, and what happens if a famouse hero of legend becomes a counter guardian, do they still get there throne, or are they like EMIYA archer!

Blog Entries
    Presumably a lot.

CF can just influence somebody and gave them enough power to save the world, dont need to do the deal with the devil thingy.

Blog Entries
    Saber shows that making a deal with the world doesn't make you a counter guardian. If you're already famous enough it shouldn't matter.

The Jean of Arc thing in KnK implies that though, doesn't it? That the CF nudged her?

So technically people can get empowered by Alaya without becoming a CG, by skipping right to HS. I don't know that there's been an example of anyone else getting powered up by Alaya.

Arc gets powered up by the world without becoming a CG but lol True Ancestors and Gaia =/= Alaya.

Blog Entries
    I think only HS rarely worshipped to begin with that got drafted to CGs.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    So if somone were to get there own cult while alive would not become CGs?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Saber shows that making a deal with the world doesn't make you a counter guardian. If you're already famous enough it shouldn't matter.
    Isn't that just a technicality though? When saber's contract is valid she doesn't go the the throne, period, so she's not a regular heroic spirit. When the grail summons that version of her, it's her actual spirit instead of a copy. She might not be a counter guardian because she isn't serving the planet's will or whatever, but the way she keeps all of her experiences from each summoning perfectly clear sure sounds quite similar to how EMIYA would keep his also, to the point of becoming jaded from countless conflicts he would be sent to.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post

So technically people can get empowered by Alaya without becoming a CG, by skipping right to HS. I don't know that there's been an example of anyone else getting powered up by Alaya.
    Maybe Vagrant got powered up by Alaya during his travels.

But in modern times that title isn't being used. Civilisations progressed to the point where it has become quite simple for humanity to destroy itself. If some company's chairman invested all his money into expanding the amount of logging in the Amazon rainforest, the world could end in a year. See, the Earth is in danger wherever and whenever. There are countless numbers of people who are being incited by the Opposing Power that save the planet without anyone knowing it. There is one hero per age. Such a thing as saving the world is no longer enough to get you called a hero.
    - - - Updated - - -

or arashi to bring GO to the english speaking masses

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah that burgler, the woman who was getting sexually assaulted, and enjou are moved by the CF in Paradox Spiral
    touko as well

psychics are supposed to get their abilities from Alaya too so I guess you could call that a power up?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    the woman who was getting sexually assaulted
    who? what am I not remembering?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.