Page 7453 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 645369537353740374437448745174527453745474557458746375037553 ... LastLast
Results 149,041 to 149,060 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Hello, three questions for me. I apologize if they are common but I haven't seen an elaboration on them so, well there are worst ways for a first time impression than asking old questions.

Q1: This actually came up relatively recently so i thought I might as well ask just to be sure. Anyways, there was someone claiming that the "Normal end" of Heaven's Feel was going to be the real ending, but Nasu felt bad and made the "True end" instead. I was wondering if this was true since this honestly feels false. It doesn't seem to match what I saw in the movies, but if someone can verify otherwise then that would be much appreciated.

Q2: Was there some explanation as to how Kiritsugu knew about Aŋra Mainiiu in the LN? Because in the anime it kinda felt like he just saw that vision after he got covered in mud and then he knew what was going on with the grail.

Q3: Finally, I'm actually planning to go through the Fate/Stay Night VN (after putting it off for a long time). However, I'm a bit of a completionist, so I'd want to get all the endings and such. Normally, no big deal, but I saw somewhere that the game actually forces you into bad ends if you try to go into a route before you reached the ending of a previous route (say trying to do Heaven's Feel before doing UBW). So would I basically need to do those bad endings first before moving onto completing the route if I wanted to see everything? I tried to look at a walkthrough but I got cross-eyed pretty quickly.

Blog Entries
    Yes, nasu did originally intend normal as the only end but if you think about it, it makes sense for it to not feel right because that’s basically how nasu felt too, hence the change

cant remember

no, you don’t need to intentionally fail route orders to get all the bad endings since the bad ends you are referring to are just rolled into ones you get for making poor choices. Enjoy the taiga dojos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    For Q2, I just rewatched the anime, and AM explicitly names himself to Kiritsugu, and Kiritsugu figured that the Grail wasn't going to help him do anything good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

If a human dig underground would they actually reach the Planet? Since there are layers of reality over the Planet like the "world of man" and reverse side of the world would they actually reach the actual Planet? The way im imagining it is no matter how deep one digs they would still be within that layer and not really the Planet
    Last edited by Reverse_side98; November 20th, 2020 at 07:03 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    If a human dig underground would they actually reach the Planet? Since there are layers of reality over the Planet like the "world of man" and reverse side of the world would they actually reach the actual Planet? The way im imagining it is no matter how deep one digs they would still be within that layer and not really the Planet
    Once upon a time you could dig down and get into faerieland, but not anymore: there's a big dragon corpse underneath the Clock Tower that waited a bit too long and got stuck underground. Similarly, back in Ancient Sumeria you could totally go to Irkalla by going downwards in the right spot. These days the underworld seems depressingly mundane, though.

Also, note that even on a practical level there are reasons that we've only ever managed to dig 12.2km down IRL. The deepest humans have been is ~4km, though, because the tunnels start to get really warm and at roughly 5km deep oxygen becomes toxic. On some level this question becomes "if you dug a hole to the center of the Earth, what would gravity be like" - an interesting theoretical question that has to ignore a lot of physical realities. (The answer is that at the very center you're in 0G, btw. But also, like, melted down and probably compressed into some kind of diamond.)

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    Once upon a time you could dig down and get into faerieland, but not anymore: there's a big dragon corpse underneath the Clock Tower that waited a bit too long and got stuck underground. Similarly, back in Ancient Sumeria you could totally go to Irkalla by going downwards in the right spot. These days the underworld seems depressingly mundane, though.
    I thought about this because apparently david bluebook escaped the supposed bleaching of the "world of man" texture by simply hiding underground. If that was the case then he must have ended up unknowingly on a different texture? But even then just how deep was that underground shelter

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    This is literally Space Jam, sort of. My sides.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You can't go to the inner world by physically digging into it. You'd need some magecraft specialized in doing that. Or, you know, becoming a dragon with the Greater Grail.

do we know how the 9 realms of the norse texture work? Are they like how underworld and heaven work in Mesopotamia or like diffirent places in a country?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    I thought about this because apparently david bluebook escaped the supposed bleaching of the "world of man" texture by simply hiding underground. If that was the case then he must have ended up unknowingly on a different texture? But even then just how deep was that underground shelter
    The bleaching was done by the sky-roots physically reaching down and turning things into ash, from what's been told to us. Some structures survived, and Bluebook wasn't the only survivor either - the months after that kind of killed off the vast majority of survivors, though. Just being in an underground bunker may very well have been enough.

But there's also definitely something funky going on with the whole timeline of the bleaching and I'm pretty sure we're missing some huge puzzle piece.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    If I want to share my speculations or theories regarding a TM work in BL forum, where should I post? Or can I post in that work's thread?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There is a theory thread, but if your theory covers only one story, I think it'd be best to do it on that story's thread.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Alright, thank you.

did the babylonia anime gives us any extra info on Quetz good alignment defense and how it works?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    if the thingy in your character sheet has 'good' in it, der ner ner ner ner ner ner ner can't touch this

I assume
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    IIRC the anime doesn't say anything, and the game says that Quetzalcoatl is the god of good, meaning that (while her Authorities are online) she's the apex of good, which thinking backwards, means she can't be beat anything good.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I think it's not as strong for Servant!Quetz, though? The one Chaldea summons, I mean. If I recall it correctly, it's nerfed from "absolute invulnerability" to "damage reduction".

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    if the thingy in your character sheet has 'good' in it, der ner ner ner ner ner ner ner can't touch this

I assume
    personally, do you think we are looking at something that ends up working more like Achilles' immortality BS or Cu's "projectiles cant touch this" BS?

another question.

since the 3RD Magic is about the manifestation of the soul

considering that RMs are an expression of the soul made manifest and that te 3RD could create something similar to a perpetual generator of more mud, like Angra, would it then be logically possible for a user of the 3RD to create an infinitely expanding RM?

in fact, what do we currently know about uses of the 3RD in order for characters to grow bigger or to keep producing something?

i know King Protea uses a RM to make sure it can keep expanding and i know Heaven's Hole uses the 3RD in some fashion but that is about it