Page 7451 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 645169517351740174417446744974507451745274537456746175017551 ... LastLast
Results 149,001 to 149,020 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I wonder which of the two will be plot-resolving pun played into Daybit's name.
    David The Imaginary
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Is that what happens in that ending? I think we should take Sakura's words literally: she's "just" subjecting Rin to all the tortures she herself had been put through growing up (so basically, lots and lots of rape).
    I thought it was Sakura trapping Rin within her IN space within the Shadow, and it forces Rin to go through endless simulations of Sakura's torture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    She still uses imaginary numbers magecraft so it doesn't seem to be completely gone anyway.
    I always wondered how Zouken could change her Affinity by moulding her body because his intervention wasn't nearly at the level of say, implanting a Divine Construct in a child, and did Sakura's Origin change? Btw, were both her Origin and Affinity Imaginary Numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    So it's a real world thing and something completely different in the Nasuverse.
    Nasu's version is a spin on an Eva reference

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I always wondered how Zouken could change her Affinity by moulding her body because his intervention wasn't nearly at the level of say, implanting a Divine Construct in a child, and did Sakura's Origin change? Btw, were both her Origin and Affinity Imaginary Numbers?
    Her origin is an imaginary element. It'd be weird if it wasn't imaginary number.

And Tohsaka says…

"You don't correspond to anything. Further testing would be useless."
    …And quickly gives up diagnosing my Magic Circuit.

"Hey. Does that mean you can't tell?"
    And when I ask her…

"Excuse me. I found out that you're not related to the five elements. Any more consecration is out of my expertise, so it's useless to keep going.
    I'll just see what magic you can use and figure it out from there."
    Alignment linked to magic circuit
    Crest worms can act as magic circuits
    "Then let me continue.
    The crest worm I explained earlier is undermining Matou Sakura's nerves.
    It must be the result of eleven years spent growing within her. The crest worm has turned into a nerve, like a Magic Circuit, and it has entangled with her own, swarming all throughout her body.
    It has transformed into her Magic Crest. Under normal circumstances it is suspended, having no effect on Matou Sakura's body."
    So then to change the element without changing the origin, you fiddle with the circuit, which Zouken can definitely do.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    -Dreams are connected to the imaginary numbers and Lovecraftian gods, but we still don't know exactly how because the event that talks about it started yesterday.
    But even if the memories in the mind are lost, the memories recorded by the body continue to live. Though she had forgotten everything and was back to being a normal AI, she was shaken by emotional values of unknown origin every time she talked with the MC.

Meanwhile, the backup to which she moved her memory, couldn’t tolerate herself, and she decided her course of action and made her move as BB, the rebel plotting to destroy the system of the mooncell for a certain objective.

The timing she took control of the far side of the moon was between the end of the fifth round and the beginning of the sixth in real time. Four Masters who were not defeated yet, (MC name), Leo, Rin, and Rani, and the irregular exception Jinako were kidnapped to the far side during the war while they were still alive.

Matou Shinji, Gato, Julius were moved to imaginary space 0.00001 seconds before the firewall would have destroyed them after they were defeated, prolonging their flash of life.

Regardless, CCC is a dream by BB.
    If the dreamer is no more, the world ought to return to a reality where nothing happened.

By the way, the everyday scenery in the prologue that (MC name) saw in his nightmare was an artificial paradise modeled off the discarded 69 days.

After pulling (MC name) to the near side, BB placed his digital body in the old school building, putting into a deep sleep and sealing him in a never ending dream.

Normally, he would have lived peacefully in the looping everyday life, but the strength of his bond with his Servant, or his own will rejecting the peaceful days caused cracks in the artificial garden and (MC name) came to notice something was not right.

In order to place (MC name) into deep slumber once more, BB reset the school building and tried to redo the dream, but the (MC name) escaped the reset and leaped into a deeper part of imaginary space

It was a depth deeper than the bottom of Id.
    “The death of the collective unconscious” beneath the unconscious.
    What saved (MC name) who leaped into a region even BB cannot affect was the voice of the Servant whose fate was shared with his.

Thus, the contract was sealed, and (MC name) woke up in the old school building left in the far side.
    Insert Jungian and Freudian dream pseudo-psychology
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

What have FGO's profits been like in 2020?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I always thought the Imaginary Number stuff was related to the complex plane - real numbers on one axis and imaginary numbers on another, not parallel but perpendicular

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Nasu's version is a spin on an Eva reference

- - - Updated - - -

Her origin is an imaginary element. It'd be weird if it wasn't imaginary number.

Alignment linked to magic circuit
    Crest worms can act as magic circuits

So then to change the element without changing the origin, you fiddle with the circuit, which Zouken can definitely do.
    But that would mean she could never use her power, when she can still use it for the most part just fine. It seems more like he tried to change it but suppressed it so that its less pronounced now, so it will make it harder for her to learn of her innate talent.
    Since Medea said when Sakura said that her powers were weak, she corrected her by saying that wasn't true. And when she tries to fight, Medusa says to her that she wasn't ready to use her magic like a weapon, so if like You mentioned at some point before, that fighting with it is like using the id like a blunt instrument, maybe violent applications require intense training to suppress darker emotions or something.
    Like basically being a Bruce Banner and needing to have rigorous mental/spiritual training to tame the beast so to speak.

That implies nasu knows what imaginary numbers actually are

Question about Strange Fake

The boss of the magic mafia family says that his subordinates killed the souls of people and then overrode their personalities in order to control them.

Did they mean this literally? Isn't messing with souls supposed to be rather difficult?

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Manifesting a soul is True Magic, but every random servant can eat souls, so killing one shouldn't be that difficult.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I thought it was Sakura trapping Rin within her IN space within the Shadow, and it forces Rin to go through endless simulations of Sakura's torture.
    Isn't that what I said? Sorry, I thought it was!
    But yes, no exploration of parallel timelines in there, just regular!Rin being tortured. Which still seems impressive, mind, just not as much as "time and space are my playthings when inside my inner world".

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Manifesting a soul is True Magic, but every random servant can eat souls, so killing one shouldn't be that difficult.
    So why didn't people just kill Roa's soul?

Blog Entries
    I mean, shiki and akiha did
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I mean, shiki and akiha did
    Why didn't someone do it 800 or so years earlier?

Blog Entries
    They weren’t shiki or akiha?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

But now magi can kill souls, so magi are Shiki or Akiha.

They weren’t shiki or akiha?
    My question is how Akiha counts more as a soul killer than Ciel with the 7th.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    >souls can be eaten for magical energy
    >hair stores magical energy
    >akiha has longer hair

checkmate atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    What have FGO's profits been like in 2020?
    Lower than other years that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Oh right the owner of the castle of separation liked to dissect and separate aspects of the souls of his victims and put them in a vault