Page 7546 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 654670467446749675367541754475457546754775487551755675967646 ... LastLast
Results 150,901 to 150,920 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I mean fundamentally me and those like AAM are never gonna come to a agreement regarding these sort of things, I'm just gonna be labeled a hater or a whiner (Which can have some merit but I do like parts of nasu)

And yes I do have some issues in explaining my issues or criticisms, But I know they have merit when fucking translators say them as well in private.

Do i have to post my picture of nasu merch or exclusive comiket merch I have to prove I am a semi fan of nasu?
    If you feel like you are getting trolled or targeted, just stop giving a shit.

I used to care what other people here think about, then I realized that very few people are constructive and know what the fuck they are talking about.

After realizing that, life has been much simpler.

Salute the knowledge/translation, not the post count.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I literally gave a few posts of answers to Byegod but asking him to understand better and quicker is suddenly 'condescending'? Come on, if you want to jump on me for something pick a better reason than that.
    Sure...

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I mean, AAM was definitely being caustic and acerbic, but I doubt Byegod saying "lorenerds" was said in an affectionate tone and not, you know, condescending on its own.

EDIT: reading their posts, my impression of Byegod is that, when faced with something they don't understand or like in the Nasuverse (something we all have I assume), they come to these conclusions:

-It's stupid/Nasu is stupid
    -It's bad writing/Nasu is a bad writer
    -It's a retcon

And then if they got it wrong and are corrected on it, they don't really budge on these opinions, and they are gonna bring them up again in another thread regardless of their veracity.

Nasu or any of the writers at Type-Moon are far from infaillible, but it comes off as bad faith and annoying if the first resort someone comes to about something is that the creators are hacks.

Reminds me of a dude I interacted with recently who claimed Excalibur being forged by the planet is a later retcon from being forged by fairies. When I showed that, not only was Excalibur and its origin from the planet there since the start, but also that fairies = planet since they are its fingers and that had been explained since Kara no Kyoukai, he shifted the argument to "oh but it's purple prose, it's so hard to get what it means!"

If someone doesn't want to change their minds on something due to pre-held biases, there's not much you can do.
    Last edited by All fictions; September 4th, 2021 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Has anyone made an analogy for Imaginary Number Space using axes?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I literally gave a few posts of answers to Byegod but asking him to understand better and quicker is suddenly 'condescending'? Come on, if you want to jump on me for something pick a better reason than that.
    To be fair, that would only take about five minutes.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Has anyone made an analogy for Imaginary Number Space using axes?
    I've seen this as part of a crack theory once. The tweet has since been deleted (think they deleted their entire acc), but it came out of us basically avoiding the "end of the world" by Arjuna with the use of INS, and then they tried mapping the true magics to axes on a graph.

So on a regular graph, you'd have the X-axis represent space, like the observable universe, extending infinitely as far as it relates to human beings. It is in other words a sort of representation of the human texture or what have you.
    The Y-axis represents time, moving in an absolute flow from lower (past) to upper (future). The Y-coordinate will always "be" 0, though, because humans can only interact with the X-axis, meaning Y will always point to the "present" (is what he claimed, tho that's not necessarily true).
    And then you have the true magic bits, where basically "the first changed everything": the crack tried to posit this as basically being the thing that sets up the graph to begin with, or at least the X-axis (denial of nothingness basically enabling the human age or something).
    "the following second acknowledged many" is obviously parallel worlds, and I think his idea was that this proves that the X-axis extends indefinitely (because it's not just one maybe-doomed timeline), though this should obviously relate to time as well.
    Third doesn't matter here, and for fifth his idea was that it interacts with the Y-axis (debt in time etc), basically proving it in the same sense that third proves X.

So following all that, the fourth "concealed itself" (although, I'll point out here that the JP doesn't have the subject, so it's not necessarily that it concealed itself, but it could've concealed in general), and if you introduce this to the graph concept, then you now have to introduce a "concealed element" (or an imaginary element, if you will). So now you have i-coordinates, existing independently from Y and X. On a real graph, complex numbers can be represented by mapping the real part to the X-axis, and the imaginary part to the Y-axis, and I think you can probably make some sort of INS analogy here. Maybe how INS relates to real places (you can move across space with it, like going beyond the storm walls), but time is all fucked, idk.

Anyways, rambly, but that's all I remember about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh. I was thinking of axes as in, the bladed weapon.
    don't quote me on this

Imaginary element as a war axe, hell yeah.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I thought it was a typo because I had no idea the plural of axis was axes.

Is it cuz the Nasuverse is ostensibly a fantasy setting that our mind goes to the Axe? Should we invent a new plural ?Axises? Axii?

Can I ask which part in visual novel that Rin explained about her jewel magecraft related to each Elements?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I thought it was a typo because I had no idea the plural of axis was axes.
    Me neither, I google'd it for the question.

But my idea was much simpler. Just as fumei said, you can represent imaginary numbers in a plane with a Real axis and an Imaginary axis (the Complex Plane)

So Imaginary Space is just, taking the three Real axes of space (x, y and z) and adding a fourth, Imaginary axis (Im). Traveling through imaginary space would be moving up or down in the Imaginary axis, and then once inside you move in the x, y or z coordinates until they're the ones where you want emerge in the Real space, without having to deal with the issues present in Real space (Im = 0).

You can keep sinking in the Imaginary Sea (or perhaps ascending in the Imaginary Sky?) while casting a "shadow" in the exact same spot in Real space.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaya View Post
    Can I ask which part in visual novel that Rin explained about her jewel magecraft related to each Elements?
    I don't think she ever does, at least not in the exact wording you say it.

Rin explains how jewel magecraft works and that she can use all 5 elements in different conversations, but not really linked the two. We can only really speculate from the few examples we have, like how she uses a topaz for a wind spell, Tokiomi uses a ruby at the end of his cane for fire spells, and Reines uses an amethyst for dousing.

EDIT: oh yeah, she also does this in Adventures
    A ruby and sapphire releasing thorny vines to physically and magically restrain the opponent. The sapphire's vine drains magical energy from the target and uses it power the binding spell on the ruby.
    Last edited by All fictions; September 5th, 2021 at 04:21 PM.
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    But my idea was much simpler.
    I'm gonna be real with you, at one point in writing my post I thought "this doesn't really answer him at all" but I just kept going with it, because where else am I gonna post all these twitter cracks.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Higher dimensional stuff is interesting, like the theoretical idea a 4th dimension being could grab you and put you back in reality 'backwards' as in from your perspective reality is now inverted

And btw i dont think retcons are a bad thing inherently, its just people think there bad because comic book writers are 90% hacks

Like thor 3 just ignoring the whole 'we're just aliens pretending to be gods' things from the previous 2 films
    Last edited by Byegod; September 5th, 2021 at 04:44 PM.

US Friend Code
    So Yumina is the First Magician. One would assume Yumina's heir is Alice, but the First's heir is supposed to be only barely alive. Is there a way for that description to apply to Alice at all?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    So Yumina is the First Magician. One would assume Yumina's heir is Alice, but the First's heir is supposed to be only barely alive. Is there a way for that description to apply to Alice at all?
    We talkin' Alice Kuonji? I haven't read Mahou, but from what I can gather, she, like many a Nasu protag seems to suffer from a crippling lack of self-interest and seems just to sorta be living her life. You know, existing day by day instead of going out and grabbing life by the horns to use that old cliché, so maybe they mean in the metaphorical sense? But that's just my vague guess knowing barely anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Maybe after Alice and Aoko fight each other, maybe. And speaking of the First
    Quote Originally Posted by LB6
    『魔女』たちの転身のカタチは様々だ。
    大地に還ったもの、過去に還ったもの、 第一に加わったもの。
    これらの転身は魔術師たちにとって奇跡の業であり、畏敬を以て語られる。
    What does it even mean for the Witches to "join in with the First"?

Then HF3 Q&A gave us Yumina as the name of a true magic user:
    Quote Originally Posted by HF3 Q&A
    Q: Is Zelretch's name that well known?
    Nasu: Old bloodlines teach their children his name, and even young families have heard that "in the Clock Tower the great magician who led the World of Magecraft into battle long ago is still alive". Those who rise to the rank of Cause may eventually hear of another Magician by the name of Yumina.
    While we don't know the name of either the first or the fourth, we can rule out Yumina being the fourth thanks to CM3 saying magi don't know the name of its user, and LB6's lore dump on witches. Because of this, that means Yumina HAS to be the heir of the First, and also that she's the one who's "barely alive".

LB6 does reveal to us, however, that Alice (by virtue of being Meinster's descendent) is directly related to Yumina (whereas other witches are tangentially related, or completely unrelated). Of course the strangest thing about this is that Beryl's mom says they're "fairies", but likely referencing something less like LB6 fairies and more like TA-fairies (born of the planet etc), and that any descendent would "inherit their lineage without exception", but Alice isn't a "fairy" as far as we know, so... Could be that Yumina's line is part of these ones: "On the other hand, there are also "witches" who immersed themselves in human society and became "human".", which COULD make sense because it's said right after that "These fallen "witches" receive neither reverence nor pity.", and iirc in some old mats it says that the Bartholomei family only deems the original user of the First (Jesus, most likely) to be worthy of reverence, meaning Yumina isn't worthy in their eyes. In the same way, btw, Beryl's mom says that witches "die" when they fall in love with humans because it "dilutes the blood and rots the soul" (as in maybe they lose their immortality and stuff?), so that could both be an explanation for how Yumina is "barely alive", but also for how her direct lineage doesn't consist of other "fairies" (assuming Yumina herself was one to begin with, since it's possible the witches helped establish the First, and THEN Yumina came to be much later on and was only revered because she inherited the magic, idk).

There's some other weird stuff like how witches are all female and they mention it like an absolute rule that a female will be born to extend the lineage but then Beryl was born, so maybe anything can happen when you have a witch x human relationship, who knows.

Anyway, that's my rambling done, but TL;DR: it makes way more sense for the first user of the First to be Jesus, and then Yumina is the barely alive heir.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no