Page 7550 of 7565 FirstFirst ... 6550705074507500754075457548754975507551755275557560 ... LastLast
Results 150,981 to 151,000 of 151299

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    You mean platonism, one of the fundamental schools of thought of western philosophy? I'd wager Nasu would be more than happy to have a novel take on such a thing.
    To be more precise I mean in the sense of how it applies to various forms of magecraft. If that wasn't clear in the "This is why Araya is so good at boundaries" sense.

Not a general discussion on Platonism, or Platonic Forms and what not.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Pretty much all concepts in the Nasuverse follow a pretty clear Great Chain of Being and everything stems from an ideal form of some sort. Thus, it's kind of unavoidable to have that general discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Sometimes he goes even more overboard, and replaces whole sentences worth of words with some furigana.
    To add onto this, sometimes the ruby text is used as an explanation. There are cases where he'll use
    mana
    magical energy
    or
    od
    magical energy
    to specify which source the magical energy is coming from.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticeexcenny
    In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    To add onto this, sometimes the ruby text is used as an explanation. There are cases where he'll use
    mana
    magical energy
    or
    od
    magical energy
    to specify which source the magical energy is coming from.
    At least we aren't at the point where he has the furigana of furigana.

Od
    Magical Energy
    Prayer Power
    coming to a VN near you?!

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Quick refresher, but how does Touko avoid soul degradation whenever she jumps from one puppet body to the next? Is it because all of them are such perfect copies of her that the World is tricked into thinking it's the same body?
    In SF Francesca muses about this shortly, saying it would be impossible for there not to be degradation and loss of self etc because that would mean Touko would've trespassed into the realm of the Third, but as far as we know there isn't any, so Narita's sort of throwing that out there as a "hmmmmm????"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    trespassing into the realm of the third like a boss
    すん
    そう
    しゅん

JP Friend Code
    If a farmer with a sword and enough disregard for bird life can trespass into the realm of the Second, I don’t see why not.

Quick refresher, but how does Touko avoid soul degradation whenever she jumps from one puppet body to the next? Is it because all of them are such perfect copies of her that the World is tricked into thinking it's the same body?
    Yes basically.

The puppets are so close to the original that whenever Touko dies, the World just goes:

"Oh silly me, she hasn't died. The body and soul are just over there."

And the new puppet body just wakes up and picks up where she left off.

The difference between this and the Third is that, a transfer driven by the Third is mediated by the soul. A Touko transfer is mediated by the body.
    I imagine the soul just gets whiplashed into the puppet body as part of the World correcting what it perceived as an error.

Isn't that basically rayshift, but with the World acting as the one that confirms the existence of the pseudo-spiritrons?
    Last edited by Mementore; September 12th, 2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    trespassing into the realm of the third like a boss
    Officially from the Association's perspective no one has been able to get close to the Third (after it was lost).

Not many knew about what the Einzberns are doing behind closed doors.
    Ilya + Dress of Heaven is basically a transient manifestation of the Third.
    Last edited by Araya's Dry Cleaner; September 12th, 2021 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mementore View Post
    Isn't that basically rayshift, but with the World acting as the one that confirms the existence of the pseudo-spiritrons?
    I am not sure if it's really that refined or smooth.

Usually when the World attempts to correct something, the outcome can be somewhat of a hack job.

For example, Ryougi's bizarre connection with the Root and Void Origin are just basically a hack job reconciliation attempt by the World.
    Touko's situation also feels like a hack job reconciliation by the World, because sometimes she loses memories after transfer.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    Officially from the Association's perspective no one has been able to get close to the Third (after it was lost).

Not many knew about what the Einzberns are doing behind closed doors.
    Ilya + Dress of Heaven is basically a transient manifestation of the Third.
    Roa is another one of the guys encroaching on the third's territory.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Yes, but his soul undergoes changes with each reincarnation.
    Goated remake
    Though Broa did seem to be completely unaffected, personality-wise, by his time as SHIKI or even as Elesia, so... maybe he's onto something.
    Last edited by TomPen94; September 12th, 2021 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Remake spoilers. Also, hi Broke.

I thought he and Zouken both experienced mental and physical degradation of their souls because of the transfers. Speaking of Roa, the fact that he laughs off Laurentis' attempts to attain immortality and that he doesn't even mention materialization of the soul/the Heaven's Feel as his end goal like Zouken does, could it mean the Third Magic does not exist in Tsuki worlds?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    For a Magic to exist someone has to achieve it first. But the mechanical merit is still there. Regardless of whether it exists there yet or not, Roa is still bordering on True Magic.

Did Roa actually intrude upon the realm of the Third Magic? I thought he lost more and more of himself upon each incarnation?

A piece of blue glass moon AmADo VII's Avatar
    what do you mean by not exist though? from the beginning?

then Aoko would not be called Fifth magic user.

Did not think that through.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Did Roa actually intrude upon the realm of the Third Magic? I thought he lost more and more of himself upon each incarnation?
    Not really? Just that he's close. He hasn't lost his self yet.
    Remake stuffs
    In New Ciel True he "speaks" to Shiki seemingly uninfluenced by his time as his previous incarnations too.
    Last edited by TomPen94; September 12th, 2021 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Dumb of me not to spoiler that. Also, hi Broke.

Imaginatio vera et non phantastica Leftovers's Avatar
    Two weeks or no, it would be best to spoilertag Remake info on the forum outside the spoilers thread until everyone decides they don't care anymore, per Mahoyo's example.