Page 7503 of 7525 FirstFirst ... 6503700374037453749374987501750275037504750575087513 ... LastLast
Results 150,041 to 150,060 of 150496

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I saw it as more nasu/whoever realizing that norse stuf is mostly post AD which is post AOG so they did this slapdash solution
    Disagree with this take, since the Greek gods were also killed thousands of years before Olympian religion as we knew it emerged, and the Age of Man began 2,000 years before the White Titan attacked Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The idea that humans couldn't have continued to worship gods after they died/disappeared/whatever after the AoG is dumb and moot, with the main piece of counterargument being: real life.
    There's no reason why Nasuverse humans would just go "nope the gods obviously fucked off we're not gonna worship shit".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I saw it as more nasu/whoever realizing that norse stuf is mostly post AD which is post AOG so they did this slapdash solution
    should've just said "uhhhh it's a geographically isolated peninsula, almost like an island, so AoG faded slower"

JP Friend Code
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Oh, oh, I actually know this one. Basically, among the various personas, many possessed unique skills and abilities not shared by the others, Zayd did not, so he was basically considered the most expendable as all his abilities could be duplicated by one of the others.
    Sounds like his unique skill was being expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    should've just said "uhhhh it's a geographically isolated peninsula, almost like an island, so AoG faded slower"
    Do we know where the last place the AoG remained was? If islands retained it longer than other places, wouldn't somewhere like New Zealand be the final place? From what I remember, the AoG was still active in Japan till around 1,000 AD but New Zealand wasn't even settled till over 200 years later.

And do we know if Antarctica had an AoG? I can't imagine it did since there were no humans but we don't know what it might have been like back then and there was certainly a lot of mystery that surrounded it till the late 1900's, with a lot of old stories from back then having it as some mystical land. Has anything been said on the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Do we know where the last place the AoG remained was? If islands retained it longer than other places, wouldn't somewhere like New Zealand be the final place? From what I remember, the AoG was still active in Japan till around 1,000 AD but New Zealand wasn't even settled till over 200 years later.

And do we know if Antarctica had an AoG? I can't imagine it did since there were no humans but we don't know what it might have been like back then and there was certainly a lot of mystery that surrounded it till the late 1900's, with a lot of old stories from back then having it as some mystical land. Has anything been said on the matter?
    As far as we know Britain and/or Japan should be the last ones to leave the AoG, but we obviously haven't had every part of the world explored so we can't say for sure. But I think you're a bit too hung up on the presence of humans, and faultily so. Whether there are humans there are not doesn't matter for the AoG, that's why it's the age of gods in the first place. You could argue that a human presence is necessary for the AoG to decline later on, but at the same time I see it happening across the entire world as a sort of chain reaction, if nothing else then because of the decline of mystery and true ether, it just happens at different speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

North Sentinel Island's Age of Gods is still ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    North Sentinel Island's Age of Gods is still ongoing.
    Maybe not. It could have ended without their input, and they've actually started their own Iron Age with the parts of a fishing boat wreck.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    How about the Age of Gods on the Americas

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Transcontinental Railroad confirmed an artificial Enkidu shackling the local land gods
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Pacific island AOGs probably lasted a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Transcontinental Railroad confirmed an artificial Enkidu shackling the local land gods
    Heroic Spirit [dude who was important to the westward expansion] whose NP is a Mystery-killing train.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Pacific island AOGs probably lasted a while.

Heroic Spirit [dude who was important to the westward expansion] whose NP is a Mystery-killing train.
    So William Tecumseh Sherman, except his NP is actually a reality marble where all the buffalo/bison get shot, including the target, who is somehow turned into one.

吸血鬼 Vampire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I guess Nasu really liked Spirit Tracks

US Friend Code
    I really liked Spirit Tracks. Good game. Hard to play on a 3DS because of the mic placement though.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I enjoyed it quite a bit; reminds me of the ancient days where I wanted to write Rider Link.
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

屍食鬼 Ghoul
    Where does the Idea that magic crests are a collection of magic circuits that are added to in each generation come from?

All the sources I am aware of simply refer to it as a manifestation of the mystery of a family's magecraf and collection of spells they learned, obviously there is other stuff like allowing to use the spells, or keeping you alive. But I am not really seeing anything that implies that it increases your amount of circuits in any way.

I mean, the Magic Crest has been referred to multiple times in both FSN and Case Files as something akin to a separate organ that's transplanted into a mage, and as a separate magical organ, it has its own Mystery and keeps the bearer alive. I'm not sure about it being a collection of circuits, but that does seem right to me, since I'm fairly certain for both Rin and Luvia, their Crests contribute extra circuits to their total number? IDK, someone more knowledgeable than me can probably elaborate.

屍食鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I mean, the Magic Crest has been referred to multiple times in both FSN and Case Files as something akin to a separate organ that's transplanted into a mage, and as a separate magical organ, it has its own Mystery and keeps the bearer alive.
    Yes, and as far as I am aware of thats about the only thing they've been called in those, and throughout them they were just reffered to as manifestation of a family's mystery in various ways and that they grow over the generations as a family keeps adding knowledge to them. Though it was also mentioned in case files, that some crests were originally started by implanting pieces of phantasmal species into yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I'm not sure about it being a collection of circuits, but that does seem right to me, since I'm fairly certain for both Rin and Luvia, their Crests contribute extra circuits to their total number? IDK, someone more knowledgeable than me can probably elaborate.
    As far as I know the only mention of their magic circuit number are from these, and neither mention anything about crests
    By the way, Shirou’s number of magic circuits is an unexpectedly high 27.
    Rin, on the other hand, has 40 main circuits, while her sub-circuits are 30 each.
    https://www.tmdict.com/en/ma.magic-circuit
    Her own heart, now a precious stone in and of itself, cracked and shattered. The instant that illusory sound reached out to her fingertips, her body became nothing more than a cog in the machine that would produce a mystery. A number of nerves in her body, totalling one hundred, transformed themselves into magic circuits, and connected themselves to the ritual she was performing. At the same time, Luvia's consciousness spread out into a more ethereal body.
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post2187847

JP Friend Code
    N/A
    Is there anything we know about Krishna in this world, or who the avatars of Vishnu are after Rama? Buddha doesn't seem to be one as far as I can tell.

JP Friend Code
    We know that Krishna cursed Ashwattaman during the Mahabharata and that’s pretty much all. Also, his Lostbelt version is implied to be the first deity Altjuna absorbed.

As for Buddha, he gets an unnamed, non-speaking role in Fate/EXTRA, so it’s obvious that Nasu is being very cautious of how he’s being portrayed. Gautama’s status as a Vishnu avatar is a delicate topic, so I can’t imagine TM Buddha taking that route.

Blog Entries
    ah yes, TM's well known sensitivity concerning religious figures

if siegfried and sigurd are allowed to be seperate characters there is no reason they wouldn't just make the Tathagata and vishnu-buddha 2 seperate people lol
    きょ
    どう
    けん
    きょう