Page 7373 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 6373687372737323736373687371737273737374737573787383742374737873 ... LastLast
Results 147,441 to 147,460 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    haha centuries of magical knowledge and research accumulated in pursuit of the transcendental origin go brrrrr

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously though, the necessity of action-oriented abilities in writing is one thing, but inventing a "self-defence class" that all CT students need to pass is JKR-tier.
    Well, their politicking and backstabbing probably does have more than a few instances.
    Besides, even amongst nobles, you'd have the types to laud martial prowess over the arts, why not in this society?
    I mean, in one timeline Rin totally goes for more martial pursuits to reach the Root, so maybe it's not total BS to go jock, as long as being a jock leads to the origin.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I forget, but it's impossible for a magus to have more than one Crest, right? In that case, does it mean it's impossible for two families to merge their specific brands of sorcery together?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean isn't that literally how the Tohsaka got a big chunk of their crest, and why the Edelfelt have a hateboner for them?

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean isn't that literally how the Tohsaka got a big chunk of their crest, and why the Edelfelt have a hateboner for them?

I genuinely wonder how that worked, I guess they ripped it off and waited for the kid to be born to transfer it onto?

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I forget, but it's impossible for a magus to have more than one Crest, right? In that case, does it mean it's impossible for two families to merge their specific brands of sorcery together?
    I don't see why it would be impossible, but I also don't see the advantage to it.

You can't, say, take someone else's crest. But if one family decided for some reason to make a second one, I don't see why they couldn't. It will make everything twice as difficult though, and I'm not sure what the advantage would be, so it seems like an odd and unnecessarily risky choice to make.

Two families could merge their magecraft if they had a child together, as that child would then be compatible with both crests. So that's technically an option. But it would require a new successor with blood from both families, you couldn't just strike up an alliance and take another family's crest.

I'm sure the actual merging of magecraft (not just the crests) would be a lot more complicated, and very dependent on the styles of magecraft in question, but I wouldn't say it's impossible if they were willing to jump through the right hoops.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

For reference on how difficult it probably would be consult Clocktower 2015 and Lev’s research.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Compatibility with different foundations of magic does matter yeah, look what happened to Sakura

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    I'm sure the actual merging of magecraft (not just the crests) would be a lot more complicated, and very dependent on the styles of magecraft in question, but I wouldn't say it's impossible if they were willing to jump through the right hoops.
    Nasu: The Mage's Association in London (the Clock Tower) deals with patents associated with all things magical, Rin's father Tokiomi holds the patent for a special formula that simplifies magic, for which he receives a patent fee every month. The Tohsaka household was built entirely on this income. With Rin not doing anything in particular to earn an income herself and Tokiomi's formula slowly becoming obsolete over time, the Tohsaka household's financial situation is becoming more and more strenuous by the day. Sometimes I feel like telling Rin that she needs to get herself to London and figure something out quick!
    case files vol 8
    "A completed magic formula is not something that can be carelessly constructed with theory alone. Not all compatibility between magecraft is good. If you combine some magecraft you'd naturally expect blowback or it going out control. Generally the more complete and stronger the formula, the more difficult it is to put in play."
    Suddenly, Flat came to mind.
    An unusual ability that allows him to improvise magecraft, constructing a foundation with each use. My teacher once said, in exchange, Flat finds it difficult to use the same magecraft twice.
    If that was the case, the crazy-wall infront of my teacher would be a formula like one of Flat's arrangements that would have an enormous time and material cost as well as being very difficult to tinker with.
    "There's a metaphor known as threading the needle. By my analysis, what this formula's trying to do is just abnormal. Ahhh, It's the product of a someone rightfully called a genius who kept diligently calculating. It's not something you can make with just great magic circuits. You only arrive at something like this with an alarming tenacity and obsession to repeat a process over and over until something clicked. And then, no, even then, you end up with a considerably limited magecraft that depends on the time and the place."
    "Time and place?"
    For example, the position of a star.
    For example, leylines.
    Various factors influence magecraft. That's why the locations of Clock Tower classrooms are chosen with much care. If one were to fuse multiple formulas, the factors necessary would also be fused. A formula that works in the spring cannot be cocurrently run with a formula that only runs in winter.
    You run into this problem every time you try to create a new formula. Therefore, magi can earn a living from copyright fees when they create useful new formulas and patent them with Policies.

Last edited by You; April 27th, 2020 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    R & D for CT seems painfully slow by design. Which sadly enough, is not the worst option.

It's a lot of anthropology and computation to process.

Take how much effort and time it takes to look up academia for occult, religion, culture and just history in the modern life.

Now take that and add creating magic formulas and stuff on top of that, along with Nasu chuunisms.

I'm trying to remember, was it said anywhere shirou copies the servants strength from the sword projections.

I may be mixing up fanon and canon however.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine Bullet Revolver
    "Trace, on."
    I stare at it.
    I see through his giant sword.
    I open my left hand and grasp the imaginary handle of the weapon that has yet to exist.
    An extraordinary weight.
    Emiya Shirou cannot handle this giant sword.
    Butmy left arm will definitely reproduce the strength of my enemy.
    On one hand, he's using Archer's arm. On the other hand, it's still saying he'll reproduce Berserker's strength.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    On one hand, he's using Archer's arm. On the other hand, it's still saying he'll reproduce Berserker's strength.
    No those are the same hand, his other hand is his one, and kinda useless.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    ?

I mean, that's my point. It does say he'll reproduce Berserker's strength, but Shirou is still using Archer's arm to yield it.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    ?

I mean, that's my point. It does say he'll reproduce Berserker's strength, but Shirou is still using Archer's arm to yield it.
    Yes but either way it's all on Archer's Arm. The other hand isn't involved at all.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yes but either way it's all on Archer's Arm. The other hand isn't involved at all.
    I was just wondering as I had a weird thought on how variable shirou/emiya's stats are if he copies the weapons, and he also apparently copies there skills as well which gives me a bunch of ??? when it comes to certain topics

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's more like the weapon remembers how to fight and Shirou get's dragged along. He's not actually getting the skills, it's all in the weapon.

I imagine the same is true when reproducing the strength.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    It's more like the weapon remembers how to fight and Shirou get's dragged along. He's not actually getting the skills, it's all in the weapon.

I imagine the same is true when reproducing the strength.
    I mean how does the riding even work, shirou knows pretty much everything bout a sword due to projection, its hard to imagine him just riding along with it

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I mean how does the riding even work, shirou knows pretty much everything bout a sword due to projection, its hard to imagine him just riding along with it
    Like this:
    Spoiler:

"Ah"
    Does the sword have a will of its own?
    "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

The golden sword does not stop and, as if pulled toward it, slashes through the giant's arm.

Judging the concept of creation,
    hypothesizing the basic structure,
    duplicating the composition material,
    imitating the skill of its making,
    sympathizing with the experience of its growth,
    reproducing the accumulated years,
    excelling every manufacturing process
    "Kuhah, ahhhhhhhhhhhh…!!!!"

The sword blocks the numerous blows smashing madly…!
    "…!"
    But this is it.

I'm tossed away.
    As soon as my consciousness returns, the sword must have left everything in my hands.
    I am easily thrown away by the attacks I was easily blocking until now.
    https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2078/

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, so I guess Shirou can go Zen mode and enter auto-pilot.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria